PDA

View Full Version : Changing Megapixels on Camera

wiz561
11-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi!

I thought I remember reading that you could change the megapixels of the stock camera in apex. I have Vignette and you can do a bunch of things in it, as far as megapixels go, but I find the stock camera is sometimes faster. Now if I can only choose 8 megapixels instead of the default, which I believe, is 5.

Thanks!

PomPWNius
11-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Just press menu while in the camera app, choose settings. In there you can choose the resolution.

Sent from my Droid X running Miui 1.10.21 :)

wiz561
11-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the response. When I go into the menu all I see is "Switch to video" and "Gallery".

On the bottom of the picture preview screen, I get...

Zoom - Flash Settings - White Balance - Store Location - Focus Mode / Exposure

I should also add that I'm using the camera app that came with Apex and not the blur camera add-on.

Thanks!

PomPWNius
11-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the response. When I go into the menu all I see is "Switch to video" and "Gallery".

On the bottom of the picture preview screen, I get...

Zoom - Flash Settings - White Balance - Store Location - Focus Mode / Exposure

I should also add that I'm using the camera app that came with Apex and not the blur camera add-on.

Thanks!

Hmm sorry I can't help you... I've never used apex before. I suggest you install a better Rom :P.

Sent from my Droid X running Miui 1.10.21 :)

macpro88
11-25-2011, 09:35 AM
If your on the newest Apex then you are on the AOSP camera, tap the screen and there should be some icons that show up, tap the dial looking one to settings, scroll the box that pops up all the way near the bottom I think.

wiz561
11-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the response. I tapped the dial looking one and all that pops up is "Focus Mode" and "Exposure". I'm also using the "AOSP" camera app. I'm also using the newest Apex (Fabolous_ApeX_2-0-0_RC4).

AM
PomPWNius: What rom do you recommend? I chose APEX because it seemed like it was the most stable. However, between this little megapixel problem, frequent lockups, and strange error messages, I'm having my doubts. One nice thing about Apex is that it's fast and uses little juice. However, being able to use it is #1.

wiz561
11-28-2011, 11:30 AM
D'OH! On the dial/timer thing, I just noticed that you can scroll the list down and then choose the picture size.

Sorry about that!