PDA

View Full Version : Alas battery life, I hardly knew thee.

Chocobubba
11-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Okay So I run gb 602 and I'm underclocked and undervolted to 900 Max speed at around 40vsl. Roughly. Anyways my phone battery is draining at an unholy rate recently. I've not used it all day, and I even rebooted it after about an hour. It's been on battery for 3 hours and is already at 70%. I haven't even used it! Any ideas? Because the built in battery usage chart is useless apparently.

~PheoniX the Droid X relayed this for me.

cobracon71
11-23-2011, 03:22 PM
do this have you some instructions in a sec

1. While in Android, charge up to 100% and leave the phone plugged in.
2. Delete /data/system/batterystats.bin
3. Remove back cover
4. Press Power and choose to reboot normally.
5. When the screen goes black and the lights go out, pull out the battery before you get the M logo. It will probably still work after the M logo shows up but that's how I do it.

After the surprise of seeing the boot animation without a battery, you will then see the lock screen along with a "No SIM card error" and no signal.
...... Put the battery back in - the SIM card error will disappear, you will get a signal, it will show 60% full and the icon will show the battery charging.

Let it fill it up to 100% + 15 minutes or so. When it is truly finished charging 100% full is approximately 4200mV

your phone will generate a new bat stat bin

Chocobubba
11-23-2011, 03:26 PM
I'll do this when I get the chance, but I thought calibrating a Droid X battery was a moot point, and an app I have to monitor my battery says fully charged it's at 4.171v

cobracon71
11-23-2011, 03:51 PM
no its not moot it works especially this method and a full charge would be 4200mv+

Chocobubba
11-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Alrighty then, I'll give it a shot tonight.

Whatuseekisfire
11-23-2011, 08:42 PM

3. Remove back cover
5. When the screen goes black and the lights go out, pull out the battery before you get the M logo. It will probably still work after the M logo shows up but that's how I do it.

After the surprise of seeing the boot animation without a battery, you will then see the lock screen along with a "No SIM card error" and no signal.
...... Put the battery back in - the SIM card error will disappear, you will get a signal, it will show 60% full and the icon will show the battery charging.

Let it fill it up to 100% + 15 minutes or so. When it is truly finished charging 100% full is approximately 4200mV

How do you delete/data/system/batterystats.bin?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Whatuseekisfire
11-23-2011, 09:04 PM
How do you delete/data/system/batterystats.bin?

Nevermind..

Whatuseekisfire
11-23-2011, 11:09 PM

3. Remove back cover

I tried it..after i rebooted and pulled battery out..my boot logo which is "Google" came up and than a big empty gray battery icon with a "?" In the middle of it..so i plugged in the battery cuz there was nothing else i can do..and than the big battery icon was green and it said 100%..so im assuming its full at 4200 mv like you mentioned i tried your method 2x..did i do something wrong cuz im sure i followed every step...

cobracon71
11-23-2011, 11:19 PM
I tried it..after i rebooted and pulled battery out..my boot logo which is "Google" came up and than a big empty gray battery icon with a "?" In the middle of it..so i plugged in the battery cuz there was nothing else i can do..and than the big battery icon was green and it said 100%..so im assuming its full at 4200 mv like you mentioned i tried your method 2x..did i do something wrong cuz im sure i followed every step...

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forumspull battery after u see m logo if that doesnt work wait till u se boot animation

Chocobubba
11-24-2011, 05:58 AM
I'm having trouble getting it to boot too. My phone always goes into cwr.

edit: I got it to turn on once but it shut itself down...

akeezy
12-06-2011, 02:30 AM
If you're running basic rooted 602 then you could just install zombiestomped 1.7 on top of it. If you want the blur features then zombiestomped still has them plus you can keep the 13p radio.

If you're worried about the theme, you can use romtoolbox by jrummy to change status bar color and icons.

I was running rooted 602 for about a month but I wasn't satisfied with battery life. So I went back to ZS and every time I do, im blown away by the performance. Plus it has all the important blur features