PDA

View Full Version : Battery Life Rom

Svpernaut
11-21-2011, 06:58 PM
hey guys. Im looking for the rom with the best battery life. I'm on my phone 24/7 I send about 15k texts a month and use about 8gb's of data.

Right now im using liberty 3

Ive used shuji and all of senseis mods.... Still cant figure out which one has the best battery life.

Also could someone tell me what kernalls are exactly and do they help your battery life at all.

Thanks

fnmetal
11-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Most all .602/.605 roms have good battery life, results are usually subjective .. apex, shuji, liberty are all good roms.. as far as kernels, that is what the most basic layer of software, that controls how the os uses the hardware is called; on the dx, this cannot be modified, thus custom kernels can't be installed on the droid x.

Svpernaut
11-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Ok... After doing tons of research Liberty seems to be the best bet. Is there any way I could give my battery an extra "boost".

Also how exactly do you calabrate the battery? Charge to 100% reboot then wipe stats?...

What is jakebites and v6 supercharge?

Svpernaut
11-21-2011, 07:13 PM

This is what im getting in about 2 hours

Leach19m
11-21-2011, 07:26 PM
That's pretty good after almost two hours of constant use

(V) {;,,;} (V) < Woopwoopwoopwoopwoop
Scuttering along like Zoidberg, on the move

Svpernaut
11-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Dang really? I'm at 68 percent since posting that... just doesn't seem good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Leach19m
11-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Yeah, mine will be at about 60% after two hours of constant use

(V) {;,,;} (V) < Woopwoopwoopwoopwoop
Scuttering along like Zoidberg, on the move

Svpernaut
11-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Anyway I could possibly boost it?

Scram
11-21-2011, 08:23 PM
I've always found that shuji has incredible battery life. Have you tried shuji 2.5 on .605??? I just jumped to it yesturday to check it out and battery life is great. You could also try underclocking / undervolting for some added batt life...

Sent from my liberated DX

Remedy
11-21-2011, 08:26 PM
sadly my battery is also a tad bad :(
Let me check my stats....

If you can follow that chart, lol.
I try not to let my phone die,
But sometimes its just inevitable.

Sent from The Sanctuary in the Sky (with the help of MIUI 1.11.9)

Svpernaut
11-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Never tried underclocking/undervolting. Still kinda new to the whole root scene. What exactly does this do?

chugaluginonmilk
11-21-2011, 10:06 PM
To my understanding it dims down or greatens your CPU output (underclock-overclock) I also have yet to try it.

Have you tried calibrating your battery?

Cobra has some good instructions upon doing so. I have a calibration thread floating around here and he commented on it. So far my battery has been running good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Scram
11-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Never tried underclocking/undervolting. Still kinda new to the whole root scene. What exactly does this do?

I usually use quickclock. You can pick it up on the market. It doesn't have the most beautiful look but the functionality is very good. When you run the auto calibration it will run your CPU at 300Mhz and incrementally decrease voltage to a point that the CPU freezes. It saves the lowest operable voltage during that portion of the calibration. At this point your phone will freeze, shut down and reboot. Upon reboot, now it will calibrate your CPU maximum frequency in a similar fashion as it calibrated your voltage. In the very end you will have several profiles saved within quickclock that are catered to your individual CPU characteristics. I have had much success with this app and makes setting up voltages and frequencies a breeze.

Sent from my liberated DX

chugaluginonmilk
11-21-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm stupid when it comes down to this stuff. Is it easy to work with? Plus I don't have to download anything else but that app do I?

dedduck0121
11-22-2011, 04:08 PM

This is a little more than an hour of normal texting, google maps, couple phone calls, and web browsing.

I run MIUI 1.10.21 and the battery life is great on my X.

I use Set CPU and have many different profiles running so that the CPU is working its butt off when needed and when it isnt it is just hangin out if you know what i mean. This has helped with my battery life alot. I also keep my screen pretty dim but use good maps/NAV with GPS quite a bit. Also when I am in my truck running those I sometimes have it docked in my docking station on my dash.

I am guilty of keeping it on the charger when i know i am going to need the phone for an extended period of time at night or something like that. I also found a lot of 5 OEM batteries for the X on ebay at one point for $25/free shipping:shocked: so I do have also run several different batteries with my phone. have one in my truck, day bag, gf's house, desk at work, and one at home all fully charged up.

Talon66721
11-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Try the app Battery Calibration (free in market) to reset your battery stats. Especially after flashing a new rom.

I also agree with the underclocking and undervolting to really help with squeezing as much out of a battery as possible.

I found stock oem batteries through Amazon from OEM Planet for around $4-5 and got free shipping with them as well. I am rarely near an outlet as I work outside or inside rehabs without electricity so I always have a spare battery or two close by. Usually one in my lunch box, a couple in my truck, and one at home. Yeah, you're down for a few minutes, but beats being down until it can charge enough to boot up.

There's my two cents for what it's worth.