PDA

View Full Version : Battery life

Andyhobbs625
11-20-2011, 04:59 PM
I have a milestone x that says the battery is dead when it still shows 3700 mv. I any thoughts

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

cobracon71
11-20-2011, 05:01 PM
go to market and download battery cailbration app

or if rooted
do this have you some instructions in a sec

1. While in Android, charge up to 100% and leave the phone plugged in.
2. Delete /data/system/batterystats.bin
3. Remove back cover
4. Press Power and choose to reboot normally.
5. When the screen goes black and the lights go out, pull out the battery before you get the M logo. It will probably still work after the M logo shows up but that's how I do it.

After the surprise of seeing the boot animation without a battery, you will then see the lock screen along with a "No SIM card error" and no signal.
...... Put the battery back in - the SIM card error will disappear, you will get a signal, it will show 60% full and the icon will show the battery charging.

Let it fill it up to 100% + 15 minutes or so. When it is truly finished charging 100% full is approximately 4200mV

your phone will generate a new bat stat bin

Andyhobbs625
11-21-2011, 04:51 AM
I downloaded the battery calibration app and began that process last night. If that doesn't work I will try the other methods you described. Thanks for the help.

Andyhobbs625
11-22-2011, 07:15 PM
The battery calibration apps did not work. I the other method you described requires a computer correct. The or can I do that with an app like tom toolbox

Sent from my Xoom using Droid X Forums

Andyhobbs625
11-22-2011, 07:16 PM
That should say rom tool box.

Sent from my Xoom using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
11-22-2011, 08:32 PM
I have a milestone x that says the battery is dead when it still shows 3700 mv. I any thoughts

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

You can't go off of voltage to gauge the charge of the battery... It's just very inaccurate... If you pay close attention... The voltage will jump around considerably... There's just no way around it.. No matter how much you calibrate the battery

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Brad92
11-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Motorola phone battery indicators are horribly inaccurate. You really can't go by voltage or %. Try calibrating the battery. If that doesn't work (it doesn't work on my phone), then you'll just have to live with it unfortunately

X

cobracon71
11-22-2011, 08:40 PM
The battery calibration apps did not work. I the other method you described requires a computer correct. The or can I do that with an app like tom toolbox

Sent from my Xoom using Droid X Forumsno just use root explorer to go in and delete batt stat bin no pc needed

Andyhobbs625
11-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks, I will try that. I really appreciate your patience with this, I am trying to learn all I can. P.s. This is the wifes phone so I will not hear the end of it until it is fixed.