PDA

View Full Version : ROM Help

dannysouth31789
11-20-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm rooted 605. So can I download a rom straight to my x and install it or do I need the comp?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
11-20-2011, 04:36 PM
You can download right to your phone and flash

FreeMyMoto!!!

cobracon71
11-20-2011, 04:37 PM
you will need d2 bootstrap from market

Scram
11-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Export contacts to SD card and make a phone backup with d2bootstrapper also before you flash...

Sent from my liberated DX

popcenator
11-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Make sure you have either a good signal (3-4 bars) or are connected to wifi. Make sure the ROM you download is for .602/.605 and not a Froyo ROM.

on the move..

dannysouth31789
11-20-2011, 07:14 PM
So once I download it I got into bootstrap and do both recoveries? I'm a lil confused on how to install it completely. Trying vortex btw

milski65
11-20-2011, 07:24 PM
So once I download it I got into bootstrap and do both recoveries? I'm a lil confused on how to install it completely. Trying vortex btw

Backup contacts. Open d2, hit top button. Once it confirms, hit bottom button. Screen will go dark, then reboot ( don't worry). Red moto screen comes up, then cwr ( clockword mod recovery) screen will show. Then you wipe all and install Vortex

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

savagerun
11-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Did you backup your rooted 605 before you go to vortex. To backup your 605 open your droid2 bootstrap and press bootstrap recovery then when it says success press ok. Then press reboot recovery. Once in recovery scroll down with your volume button to backup and restore and select it with your camera button then select backup and let it do its thing. Could take 10 min to backup and when its done select reboot system.

dannysouth31789
11-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Yea I backed up my rooted 605 right after I rooted. So I think I got vortex running but can't figure out how to get all may apparently and stuff back. I had titanium and backed all of it up but now its gone

milski65
11-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Yea I backed up my rooted 605 right after I rooted. So I think I got vortex running but can't figure out how to get all may apparently and stuff back. I had titanium and backed all of it up but now its gone

You have to go to market and reinstall tibu ( free and purchased app) Then you can reinstall apps you want

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dannysouth31789
11-20-2011, 09:42 PM
How do I reinstall them from tibu though?

DirtyDroid
11-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Hard menu>batch>scroll down to restore apps only( not system data)

savagerun
11-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Open Tibu then press the backup and restore tab up on top in the center. Then press the hardkey menu button and select batch then scroll down to where it says restore and you'll see restore missing apps with data and press run. Then you can choose which ones you want to install.

dannysouth31789
11-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Ok did that but there are still apps missing. Heytell amongst several others?
I only have the free titanium if that makes a difference

DirtyDroid
11-20-2011, 10:02 PM
try to run it again....as long as you ran it and didn't install any new apps after you ran it they should be there...

savagerun
11-20-2011, 10:03 PM
What ever you backed up should be there. All your purchased ones are in the market. Open Market app > press hardkey menu button and select my apps.

dannysouth31789
11-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Ok so i still cant find all my apps. i moved all that i could to my sd card before i started to root or anything but now when i go into apps, manage, on sd card none show up. titanium isnt showing them all either and i added nothing new after i backed the phone up ?? any ideas?

savagerun
11-21-2011, 08:51 AM
You probably didn't go into tibu right before installing vortex and went to the schedules screen and press run backup of all new apps and newer versions. You can backup your vortex rom now and go back and restore your previous rom then go into tibu and do the schedules thing like i said then restore vortex again and your apps should be in tibu. That's all i can think of unless someone has another idea.

towbiz
11-21-2011, 08:57 AM
The same way you backed them up at the top on tibu screen choose restore (do not restore system apps that are red) click on app and it will give you options

savagerun
11-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Tow i just got a pm from him and he said in tibu it shows he has 0 apps backed up. So apparently he simply overlooked running the backup of his apps. Tibu can be a bit confusing if using it for the first time.

dannysouth31789
11-21-2011, 09:08 AM
ok so i backed up with droid 2 dootstrap right after i rooted .. how can i get back to restore that original root state and then i will just start over and download vortex again?

savagerun
11-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Now that your on vortex just press the power button and select recovery then when you get in recovery scroll down with your volume button to backup and restore and select it with your camera button. Then select backup and it will backup your vortex rom then select reboot system when its done. Then go back in recovery the same way and select backup and restore then select restore this time and you'll get the option of which backup to restore so just select your backup you made before your vortex backup. Once it restores your old backup go into tibu and backup your apps. Once thats done use droid2 bootstrap to get in recovery and restore your vortex rom.

popcenator
11-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Keep in mind the backups will show as a date, so be aware of what date you backed each up on (which will only be two since you've only backed up two ROMs).

savagerun
11-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Yep. Thx for adding that pop.

dannysouth31789
11-21-2011, 11:59 AM
ok got vortex running and all my apps back from tibu. Yall Are Amazing! Thank You for your help

savagerun
11-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Glad it all went well for you.