PDA

View Full Version : Likes/Dislikes of GBP7

Peperm1nT
11-18-2011, 10:22 AM
What I would like to know is what are the likes and dislikes of GBP7? Android was founded on a community effort and with that basis is how I want the success of my ROM to be; a community effort. With the ever popular MIUI and CM roms, I found that these roms were developed by top notch developers, and even more so, the community behind them.

I need to know what you the user would like to see in GingerBread Phone 7! I can pump out the same updates over and over and fix compatibilities all day, but this will never grow to the success I want in my ROM.

Over the next few days I will be finalizing a couple tweaks in this ROM, and be moving on to the future development section. While in this transit, give me your thoughts and opinions to better serve you the community.

Peperm1nt

victimssun
11-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Alright dude, just installed it. Give me like 24 hours (give or take) and I can whip up a list of what I'm seeing and such. So far, I really dig the feel. It's nice to have something completely different.

Peperm1nT
11-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Kool, thanks for the support. Over look the theming bugs. That will be fixed this weekend and it looks to be promising so far.it's a complete redo from scratch.

Tapin' the Talk on the xSquared

victimssun
11-18-2011, 07:59 PM
I figured you were aware of the basic theming issues. Two things that I would like to see is a dialer/contacts that match Wm7 and not just gosms. I don't mind it as the messenger, but it'd be neat to see a similar dialer. Also, the lock screen, idk if that's some thing that can be added into a rom, but just throwing it out there.

As for the positives, I love the launcher. The motion effects once you select something as the other boxes disappear, very cool.

Hope this helps. Will definitely grab the new version once it's released.

Edit. I've never used Wm7 so I have nothing to compare this to. also, what is the screen shot over at xda of the alphabet?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Peperm1nT
11-20-2011, 08:44 AM
If you are talking about the black and orange squares, that is when you press the letters within the app drawer. It pops up that for quick travel.

I would love to learn how to mod the LockScreen. I know it looks like "baby steps", but this is due to my inexperience. But good things are coming as I learn different things. There are wp7 apps available on the market that I have used in place of the go sms that look very similar too wp7 but, they don't function very well. After the theme is updated, those will probably be the next along with other random updates.