PDA

View Full Version : Battery Life: Apex v. Liberty v. MIUI (wildcard)

Kr0n0Tr1pR
11-15-2011, 02:47 PM
I've been on Apex for quite a while (since I got GB... and even before) Probably my favorite part is the battery life. I can get about 24 hrs of moderate/heavy use from it. But I'm getting antsy again and I want to give Liberty another shot. Had it for a while on Froyo and briefly on GB.

Anyone care to share their 2c on the battery life of LibertyGB?

I also threw MiUi out there as a wildcard because I wanted to get some varied responses, and I'm also considering giving it a shot.

Bonus question: can Liberty GB use HDMI out?

corki2
11-15-2011, 02:58 PM
I've been on Apex for quite a while (since I got GB... and even before) Probably my favorite part is the battery life. I can get about 24 hrs of moderate/heavy use from it. But I'm getting antsy again and I want to give Liberty another shot. Had it for a while on Froyo and briefly on GB.

I also threw MiUi out there as a wildcard because I wanted to get some varied responses, and I'm also considering giving it a shot.

I got about 18 hrs on Liberty3 with no calibration or overclocking. It appears to be the best for me as far as battery life and stability.

Kr0n0Tr1pR
11-15-2011, 05:51 PM
nice... well I'll probably give it a go when I get some time. I was basically just hoping it wasn't a total battery suck like 2nd init roms seem to be

The persuader
11-15-2011, 07:44 PM
IMO...
Apex ROM,
I find to be very Nice usually get the Max on Battery Life...

Miui ROM,
2nd init ROM really raise hell with your Battery, Including Widgets and mostly Display on your screen in addition to all the things we like about Our Phone...Customizing...

That Said, 10 to 12 hours with Heavy Usage with my Phone...

I've tried,
Vortex, Miui, SSX, Liquid, Apex my Info for heavy usage is still the same...

Its Bubba

Kr0n0Tr1pR
11-16-2011, 12:58 PM
IMO...
Apex ROM,
I find to be very Nice usually get the Max on Battery Life...

Miui ROM,
2nd init ROM really raise hell with your Battery, Including Widgets and mostly Display on your screen in addition to all the things we like about Our Phone...Customizing...

That Said, 10 to 12 hours with Heavy Usage with my Phone...

I've tried,
Vortex, Miui, SSX, Liquid, Apex my Info for heavy usage is still the same...

Its Bubba

yeah I had SSX for a while, it was cool but the battery life was atrocious... AND I have a BH6X extended battery. I couldn't really find any features customizing-wise with SSX that I couldn't get out of Apex or other "normal" roms... Maybe I'm not a big enough power user, but between widget locker, extended controls, and some other apps, I get plenty of homescreen customization with Apex.

But I'm getting figity so I'll probably give GBLiberty another shot-- unless someone wants to make a case for a different ROM...

cobracon71
11-16-2011, 01:26 PM
I am seeing 18 to 24 hours on miui ics depending on usage which is moderate to heavy for me I am loving the batt life on this build its way better then any previous build

HYT1993
11-16-2011, 02:46 PM
I am seeing 18 to 24 hours on miui ics depending on usage which is moderate to heavy for me I am loving the batt life on this build its way better then any previous build

just wondering did you have to do something too it to help it with the batterylife? i love miui but i reallyy need the battery life this weekend

The persuader
11-16-2011, 03:20 PM
yeah I had SSX for a while, it was cool but the battery life was atrocious... AND I have a BH6X extended battery. I couldn't really find any features customizing-wise with SSX that I couldn't get out of Apex or other "normal" roms... Maybe I'm not a big enough power user, but between widget locker, extended controls, and some other apps, I get plenty of homescreen customization with Apex.

But I'm getting figity so I'll probably give GBLiberty another shot-- unless someone wants to make a case for a different ROM...

Well theirs one I haven't tried yet... Liberty

I'm always figity with trying New ROMs but the finished product with almost no issues Top to Bottom and great battery life goes to (Fab) Apex Hand's Down

Its Bubba :)
Sent from "The Droid"

elidog
11-16-2011, 03:24 PM
I've never good battery life on any rom I've used. I dont try to conserve though so my opinion my power hog opinion might be worth reading. I keep my screen maxed out, 3g all day reading different droid forums streaming radio and youtube. I like my widgets and always have at least two or three going. I text all day and even manage to use my phone for work. With that being said I get a solid 8 hours give or take. I use my phone heavily imo.

Miui ics

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Kr0n0Tr1pR
11-17-2011, 10:20 AM
I've never good battery life on any rom I've used. I dont try to conserve though so my opinion my power hog opinion might be worth reading. I keep my screen maxed out, 3g all day reading different droid forums streaming radio and youtube. I like my widgets and always have at least two or three going. I text all day and even manage to use my phone for work. With that being said I get a solid 8 hours give or take. I use my phone heavily imo.

Miui ics

I know there's probably plenty of other threads on this, but I just want to take a moment to ask... why is MIUI so good? What are its notable features? Feel free to be as specific as possible :D

elidog
11-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I know there's probably plenty of other threads on this, but I just want to take a moment to ask... why is MIUI so good? What are its notable features? Feel free to be as specific as possible :D

Not to be trite but you need to take it for a spin and you'll see why. I've tried several different roms some for no more than a few hours and came right back to miui. Try it and you will the hype is right on.

Kr0n0Tr1pR
11-18-2011, 11:25 AM
cool, well in a full 180 move I think I am gonna go ahead and give it a shot, I just watched this pretty great video which helped convince me... I'll post it here to give RageXmods their props:excited:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/miui/38358-hd-rom-review-miui-earlier-version-7-22-1-but-still-comprehensive.html

elidog
11-18-2011, 11:30 AM
I think you'll enjoy it. Let us know how it goes.

The persuader
11-18-2011, 11:34 AM
I think you'll enjoy it. Let us know how it goes.

+1 with Miui

Its Bubba :)
Sent from "The Droid X"