PDA

View Full Version : SBF didn't do anything?

bottlerocket
11-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Well, it updated me to Gingerbread, but thats it. Everything that was on my phone before is still there. My Launcher Pro app, my widgets, contacts, text history, everything. I used the Linux bootable SBF on my flash drive and I don't know what I did wrong. I followed the video step by step

fnmetal
11-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Well, it updated me to Gingerbread, but thats it. Everything that was on my phone before is still there. My Launcher Pro app, my widgets, contacts, text history, everything. I used the Linux bootable SBF on my flash drive and I don't know what I did wrong. I followed the video step by stepdid you factory reset in stock recovery mode after the sbf was complete?

Scrapy McSlappy
11-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Did you do the factory reset. Along with wipe data and cache?

Sent from my DROIDX

aramiscrimson
11-13-2011, 07:26 PM
You didn't wipe the data from your phone, so it's all still there

sent from my OMFGB DX

gunner1982
11-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Not sure but i've had the same issue except I used rsd lite method I thought it was really odd that it does this if ur looking to wipe clean and start fresh just do a couple of data/cache wipes and then do another sbf.... A good sbf is when you have to re activate the phone after the first boot up

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

aramiscrimson
11-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Not true about the sbf. It's just intended to put the original vzw program back in. After the factory reset and wipe you will be back to oob phobe

sent from my OMFGB DX

aramiscrimson
11-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Phone even

sent from my OMFGB DX

bottlerocket
11-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Ohhh gotcha so boot into reboot recovery and wipe and then do the SBF?

fnmetal
11-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Nope, just boot into recovery and do the wipes, if you're on gb then the sbf worked..

fnmetal
11-13-2011, 07:33 PM
You will only have to reactivate if the sbf updates the radio image, with the linux sbf (sbf_flash) I don't think the radio is updated as it is with rsd..

Scram
11-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Never heard of an sbf acting like that

Sent from my liberated DX

bottlerocket
11-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Ok well how would I go back and wipe everything back to stock. I want a fresh start to work with. And now my Bootstrapper isnt working so I cant reboot into recovery

fnmetal
11-13-2011, 07:38 PM
A lot of things aren't going to work because you haven't wiped data yet, and your entire system has changed..
Pull your battery, put it back in, hold home button and power button together as the phone boots, when you see the android icon, hit both volume buttons together, use the volume button to go down to wipe data/factory reset, hit power to select, then reboot.. you will then have a clean slate, and will have to install everything again.

bsbabcock
11-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Want a perfect sbf completely fresh SBF, I recommend backing up your SD card to PC. Then formatting prior to sbf, sbf, then "selectively" adding back data you want on SD that isn't already created.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk