PDA

View Full Version : Barnacle Wifi Tether - Shutting down my 3g?

dedduck0121
11-13-2011, 11:39 AM
So I am still new to rooted phones. Rooted my GB Droid x last weekend and installed Barnacle Wifi Tether. It worked great for a couple days and now when i turn it on it says NAT not responding and it shuts off my data connection on my phone and i have to reboot for it to come back on. What is the reason for this? Is it something with the app or the phone now? Do i just ditch this app and run a different wifi tether app?

Thanks guys.

Bob

jwalz
11-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Try clearing the data in the app....settings / applications /manage apps then find barnacle click iit and hit clear data.

dedduck0121
11-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Try clearing the data in the app....settings / applications /manage apps then find barnacle click iit and hit clear data.

I tried that, no dice. It literally kills my 3G and my phone tries to make me repurchase my data plan. It worked for the first 2-3 days now it never connects

dedduck0121
11-13-2011, 12:48 PM
this does not seem good. I cant get wifi tether of any type now. been reading it may be because i am running gingerbread 2.3

Maybe i need to install a new rom and then run it?

nemosfate
11-13-2011, 01:15 PM
this does not seem good. I cant get wifi tether of any type now. been reading it may be because i am running gingerbread 2.3

Maybe i need to install a new rom and then run it?

So are you on a paid tether plan or rooted for tether? Asking since you didn't specify and if not on tether plan did you instal wug's patch?

Root, Roms and Themes, oh my...

dedduck0121
11-13-2011, 01:32 PM
So are you on a paid tether plan or rooted for tether? Asking since you didn't specify and if not on tether plan did you instal wug's patch?

Sorry I am rooted for tether and no didnt install the patch...iam still new to rooting so i will have to find the patch and download it. thank you

nemosfate
11-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Sorry I am rooted for tether and no didnt install the patch...iam still new to rooting so i will have to find the patch and download it. thank you

No reason to be... We where all new here once lol
here's a link to wug's tether patch
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/30948-wugpacked-gb-tether-patch-all-one-zips.html

dedduck0121
11-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Just installed...will try it now. You guys are great with the help for the newb! I am trying to learn trust me !:big smile:

dedduck0121
11-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Patch installed and now everything works great! Thanks so much! I was really nervous going "behind the scenes" like that to install the patch since i really havent flashed anything before.

nemosfate
11-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Patch installed and now everything works great! Thanks so much! I was really nervous going "behind the scenes" like that to install the patch since i really havent flashed anything before.

Cool glad you got it going