PDA

View Full Version : New Root user! - Newb

dedduck0121
11-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Let me say, it was very easy to root my Droid X and I love the freedom with apps that I have now. Should have done this a while ago!

Now I am interested in getting a new rom. I am a bit worried about installing a new rom because I have heard they can be unstable... I see alot of people having roms installed so i guess it isnt that big of a deal and maybe i am paranoid :big smile:

I am interested in the Vortex rom and the CM rom. Do these seem to work well? I dont know much about rooting and the behind the scenes in Android sorry for the silly thread, just looking for some thoughts to build on and maybe get me a new rom for my X.

Nemo aeternamn
11-12-2011, 08:19 PM
It's all good... Glad to hear we have another flasher: D
You'll want to find out what version your on... If your on gingerbread you'll need to get one of the unofficial nightlies from revnumbers from rom toolbox
They are both great roms...
If your willing to completely ditch blur.. Then cm7 is the way to go... along with liquid and ssx.. Extremely stable and extremely customizable

Post script:
Any other questions.. Feel free to ask

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

barnsworth59
11-12-2011, 08:21 PM
I am a newer user too and haven't had any experience with any ROM other than the Apex 2.0 RC4. It's smooth as silk and runs my X like a champ. Seems dependable, no force closes or anything like that.
It fixed my issue I had with my keyboard not wanting to type and what seemed like forever for my dialer to respond.
Works well for me, you might want to check it out. Just search the forum, I don't have a link handy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums