PDA

View Full Version : System recovery app dissappearing

bluesnell
11-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Anyone had to deal with this yet? I just flashed eclipse 1.3 rc2....I don't think it has anything to do with the rom.....perhaps TIBU....but each time system recovery disappears....it is still in my downloads so I install it from there...and can open it just fine....but it won't appear in my app drawer so I keep having to reinstall it to get into it. If I open it kn TIBU.....and hit restore from there... it says restore complete...but still a no show in my app drawer.....any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

cobracon71
11-11-2011, 06:51 PM
try going to setting/system/applications/ find app and clear data

bluesnell
11-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Dang it didn't work...thanks for helping tho.... it justbwont show in the app drawer so I guess as long as I know its there all is well;)

cleancasey
11-12-2011, 05:01 AM
I tried 3 times last night to get 1.3 to install and it failed each time....that was with 2 different downloads....actually 3....1 on phone 2 on computer...gave up and installed 1.2...

bluesnell
11-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Ya..I've had another person tell me that too....I think you need to be on 2.3.4 to install....or maybebit has to so with what rom you are coming from?? Im not sure...but I've had all my new apps keep disappearing every reboot. Just a bug he'll get it fixed his roms are all awesome .I mean its just a test version and issues are to be expected of course....so im gonna go back to molten for now;( sad I sured loved playing with the bionic camera!

adamwhitehead
11-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Ya..I've had another person tell me that too....I think you need to be on 2.3.4 to install....or maybebit has to so with what rom you are coming from?? Im not sure...but I've had all my new apps keep disappearing every reboot. Just a bug he'll get it fixed his roms are all awesome .I mean its just a test version and issues are to be expected of course....so im gonna go back to molten for now;( sad I sured loved playing with the bionic camera!

you are correct
You have to be on 2.3.4 for eclipse 1.3,liberty3 and molten

shawn
11-13-2011, 06:24 AM
As of eclipse 1.2 if you go to settings I think its named eclipse parts you access the recovery from there

bluesnell
11-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Oh sweet thanks Shawn....well I've had a crazy flashing night....more apps kept disappearing randomly from my app drawer and I got frustrated and restored into my previous molten setup .....then still random apps disappeared from the drawer and I wiped and reflazhed molten and reset up everything again...still happening....then I checked my retard at the door and thought...what would I tell someone asking me about this issue......dur I would say wipe your app data in your GO launcher duh! So.......did a system restore again back to my molten set up...went into my launcher app and wiped data.....poof all apps back in drawer safe and sound. Lol the funny part is the addict in me now wants to go back to 1.3 rc2....as I really liked the camera;)..and give that version another test run.... but I think ill stay put didn't love the keyboard lag. Thanks for all your help guys....unless maybe a keyboard data clear might have fixed that as well....hummmmmmm ;);) flashy flashy

Sent from my molten hot DX2

Tweek900
11-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Well good to know it was something on your end messing up. Going to download 1.3rc2 right now =)

cleancasey
11-14-2011, 12:31 AM
Can someone direct me to a good place to download 1.3I was running 1.0 and I believe I was on 2.3.4 because a thread somewhere said I had to go up for the wifi to work...since I couldn't get 1.3 installed I settled on 1.2 and its running smooth ...believe I'd know it's my girls phone. I'm still on dx1.Thanks Casey

bluesnell
11-14-2011, 12:10 PM
The latest official version is 1.2 ....there is 1.3 rc2 which is a test version and can have some issues ( RC=release candidate). I'm never very clear on the rules here I don't think I can direct you to another forum...but do a Google search for eclipse 1.3 RC2. For Droid x2

Sent from my molten hot DX2

victimssun
11-14-2011, 01:13 PM
This is the direct link posted on twitter.

Shhh... Here ya go (http://www.mediafire.com/?sxb0x74lb54gtx7)

cleancasey
11-15-2011, 12:44 AM
thank you...the one that wouldn't install 3x came off google search...I'm downloading now