PDA

View Full Version : Noob Needs Help.

Ichiwa
11-10-2011, 04:00 PM
I don't actually have a droid x. My carrier is alltel so I have a Milestone X. I rooted my phone using pete's root tool and that worked great. Then I installed clockwork mod, and the droid 2 bootstrap so i could go into recovery. Created and restored an image just fine. Here is were I messed up. I wasn't READING carefully and installed the wrong ROM. My phone will boot to the Motorola badge and that's it. I can go to the phone's recovery but can't do anything. If i try to select restore from there nothing happens. So my question is this. I have an image of my phone before i did anything. How can I restore that image? Or how can I get my phone running again? Any help would be appreciated.

HarleyDude
11-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Moved to Milestone X support sub-forum.

What kind of image do you have. If it's a nandroid (backup) image made with droid 2 bootstrapper, you can reinstall it the same way

You can find the Milestone SBF files here, this will return your phone to the out-of-box condition
Milestone X SBF Files - Droid X SBF (http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home/milestone-x-sbf-files)

Ichiwa
11-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Yes it was made with droid 2 bootstrapper. How do I restore it?

Ichiwa
11-10-2011, 07:29 PM
I downloaded the alltel sbf file and tried installing it with rsd lite. It reads, unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file. And I did make the image using droid 2 bootstrapper. How would I go about restoring it?

DirtyDroid
11-10-2011, 07:31 PM
You would boot into recovery via bootstrap, scroll down to backup / restore ..then restore..then select your restore backup

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Ichiwa
11-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Are there any buttons i need to hold down? I know if i hold power and home I go into android recovery. Is bootstrap the same?

Nemo aeternamn
11-10-2011, 07:52 PM
No... You can try getting into factory recovery then pull the battery... Then reboot... Some people have had that get them into recovery...
But most times... unread you have it set up right... You can't reboot into recovery with the phone being off... Sadly

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

savagerun
11-10-2011, 07:53 PM
When your in bootstrap recovery you'll just use your volume buttons to scroll and camera button to select.
Edit... Maybe i wasn't clear on what the op was asking

DirtyDroid
11-10-2011, 07:53 PM
No..there diffrent...so your going to want to do it through bootstrap

Edit. Double ninjad

Ichiwa
11-10-2011, 08:11 PM
How do i boot into bootstrap?

savagerun
11-10-2011, 08:14 PM
You have the droid 2 bootstrap app? Open it then Just press bootstrap recovery then when it says success press ok then press reboot recovery. That will get you in.

Ichiwa
11-10-2011, 08:23 PM
I am stuck in the opening animation the Motorola emblem.. I can't access it that way.

savagerun
11-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Ok did you try a factory reset in stock recovery. Pull battery out then put back in. Press home button then power button and hold both for about 5seconds then at the triangle screen press both volume buttons. Then scroll down to wipe data with your volume button and select it with your power button. Then after that wipe cache partition also then select reboot. If that doesn't work You'll need to sbf.