PDA

View Full Version : If I were to flash a ROM, but wanted to revert back, would I have to sbf?

DroidXSkywalker
11-08-2011, 08:16 PM
I still haven't flashed any ROMS yet, because I'm still researching them. If I were flash a ROM, but wanted to go back to my normal theme which was the one before I flashed the ROM, would I have to SBF and would I lose my root? I'm on the latest Gingerbread update. I rooted after updating to it. Does SBF cause me to lose my root? Thanks,DXS

Scram
11-08-2011, 08:34 PM
You can and should make a back up of your stock rooted phone. After you flash a rom you could flash back to stock rooted following the proper steps of course... If you sbf, and that's OK to do, you will loose root. Do you have d2bootstrapper yet??? You will need it to take a snapshot of your phone for future restoration if desired...

Sent from my liberated DX

Scram
11-08-2011, 08:38 PM
. Backup with d2bootstrapper.
. Export contacts to sd card for backup.
. Get tools to sbf and know how because one day you will need to and don't be caught wit ur pantz down.
. Read, read, read... All the info you need to learn and be successful is here on the forum plus lots of people willing to help.

Sent from my liberated DX

eppdroid37
11-08-2011, 08:42 PM
I would backup and then wipe data, cache and dalvik cache before flashing just to be super sure. Im real paranoid about bricking my phone so.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

DroidXSkywalker
11-08-2011, 10:19 PM
What do you mean by a snapshot of my phone?

csk415
11-08-2011, 10:59 PM
What do you mean by a snapshot of my phone?

He was talking about making a nandroid (backup) through d2 bootstrap. The nandroid comes in handy if you need to revert back to your previous setup if something should happen while flashing. There is a how to use bootstrap on this site.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums