PDA

View Full Version : Droid X Rooting, GB .602, Apex 2.0 questions

chewspam
11-07-2011, 01:38 PM
First post so rip away.......

I need some rooting help here. I have a droid X that was rooted running GB .595. I flashed it back to stock froyo .320 and then flashed it to stock .340. When I check terminal emulator, it shows the $ and not the # which would mean my phone is no longer rooted.

(Side story: I flashed it back to .320 and then to .340 because I was going to send it in on a warranty issue with the screen going out. I can fix it by hitting button on the screen that I can't see; it eventually comes back up. I just didn't want to risk being charged hundreds for what they perceive as non warranty since it was rooted.)

That all said, I've decided not to take the risk and just go full, balls out, rooted, overclocked, Apex instead of sending the phone back. I can get a new one in a few months if something happens anyway. The problem I'm running in to is trying to go to the OTA GB .602 which it is picking up and trying to install when I check for updates. I get an error during installation. Something "_patch(MTD:"boot:4135" or some junk like that. My research says it's because the phone has been rooted before. So what I want to do is root the phone again. I'm going to go ahead and flash the .602 software for it and then try to root using the one click rooting software.

Am I going to run in to issues since it has been rooted before? Do you know if I'll ever get the .602 flash to work since it won't work doing it OTA?

Thanks for any help/advise you guys have. I've been reading up on this forum for about a year, and it's been extremely helpful.

savagerun
11-07-2011, 01:42 PM
You'll be fine doing the 602sbf then one click root.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
11-07-2011, 01:48 PM
No ripping here... Looks like savage has got you in the right path...

Post script: default terminal emulator comes up with the $ sign... You need to type su then hit enter.. Then it will hadn't it super user permission and have the # symbol

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

cobracon71
11-07-2011, 01:48 PM
the links to sbf and root are in my sig if you need them

chewspam
11-07-2011, 01:58 PM
You'll be fine doing the 602sbf then one click root.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Thanks. :big smile:

No ripping here... Looks like savage has got you in the right path...

Post script: default terminal emulator comes up with the $ sign... You need to type su then hit enter.. Then it will hadn't it super user permission and have the # symbol

I forgot to mention that I did this before (when i was getting the OTA install errors) and it said the superuser permission denied. I hope that this means any evidence of it is gone.

As for the beer....I just finished bottling my first batch of homebrew yesterday.

the links to sbf and root are in my sig if you need them

Thanks. Much appreciated. If I have any other issues I'll drive on over to Chester and seek your advice. I'm on the other side of the James.

Nemo aeternamn
11-07-2011, 02:01 PM
I forgot to mention that I did this before (when i was getting the OTA install errors) and it said the superuser permission denied. I hope that this means any evidence of it is gone.

As for the beer....I just finished bottling my first batch of homebrew yesterday.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Ah... Ya.. That would either point yup that or a problem with super user...
Lol... If ya wanna share directions... I'd love to brew a bottle of Nemo hefenwizer...lol

chewspam
11-07-2011, 02:05 PM
I'll let you know how the hefenwizer I'm brewing now turns out in a couple of weeks. I'm sure I'll be back in here later tonight when I'm trying to do all of this.