PDA

View Full Version : Droid x2 rom manager not working properly

jeffd46
11-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm running 2.3.4 rooted installed Rom Manager Premium, when I try to back-up my current rom it goes through
the motions but show nothing is backed-up. (tried about 10 times still nothing) , also tried to boot into recovery
that's also a no go the phone just turn off it doesn't try to reboot.
I have Bootstrap for the Droid X2 installed that's the only way I can flash my roms, but can't back-up the old rom.
My Question is anyone else having these problems?

cory46
11-06-2011, 11:35 AM
You need to run "bootstrap" recovery in the bootstrap app before running Rom manager try that see if it then works

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

wxfreak
11-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Try the recovrey with the charger cord plugged in.

sexy_walrus45
11-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I have the same problem. Can't get the phone to go into recovery. When I try it through droidx bootstrap app it shuts down and does nothing. When I do it through clockwork mod, it restarts and does nothing. Any ideas?

DirtyDroid
11-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Do you have a dx2? If so youll need a different bootstrap.

Nemo aeternamn
11-07-2011, 09:41 PM
I have the same problem. Can't get the phone to go into recovery. When I try it through droidx bootstrap app it shuts down and does nothing. When I do it through clockwork mod, it restarts and does nothing. Any ideas?

Do you have an x2?
Is it plugged in when you try?
If you have an x...
Uncheck debugging in settings/applications/development

Post script: and what dirty said... If you have an x2... You need Droidx2 bootstrap/tenfars recovery

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

sexy_walrus45
11-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Whoa found the magic combination. Uninstalled clockwork mod and just ran the bootstrap while the phone was plugged in and it decided to work this time. Hope it helps anyone else with the same problem!

sexy_walrus45
11-07-2011, 10:03 PM
wow you guys are quick to respond on this site! yes i have an x2 and i am using the x2 bootstrap. (typo)

Nemo aeternamn
11-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Lol... We try...haha... Did you have it plugged in when you were trying with clockwork installed?

sexy_walrus45
11-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Yes I did. I tried lots of different combinations of things haha. The magic seemed to be in the fact that clockwork was uninstalled.

Nemo aeternamn
11-07-2011, 10:56 PM
That's interesting... I knew it wasn't official supported by rom manager... But I didn't think out would prevent you from getting into recovery...
Hmm... But all things considered with the recovery... It does make sense...

sexy_walrus45
11-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Oh boy...may have brickified my phone. The droidx didnt give me any problems but the X2 is giving me a lot of grief. Just tried to flash eclipse and im stuck in a bootloop. Any ideas on how to get to recovery? Is this ok to discuss in this thread or would elsewhere be more appropriate?

DirtyDroid
11-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Is recovery the same on x2 as the x? Home and power, followed by the volume buttons?

Nemo aeternamn
11-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Is recovery the same on x2 as the x? Home and power, followed by the volume buttons?

No... It's a bit different...

Post script: to get into recovery with an x2...
Turn the phone off...
Press volume down and power till you see the writing at the top...
Then press volume down till you see Android recovery... Then press volume up...
Then Android recovery will pop up...
Then use the volume buttons to navigate to wipe data then press power to select

sexy_walrus45
11-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Worked great! thanks for the help

DirtyDroid
11-07-2011, 11:49 PM
No... It's a bit different...

Post script: to get into recovery with an x2...
Turn the phone off...
Press volume down and power till you see the writing at the top...
Then press volume down till you see Android recovery... Then press volume up...
Then Android recovery will pop up...
Then use the volume buttons to navigate to wipe data then press power to select

ahh reminds me of the xoom

sexy_walrus45
11-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Whoops spoke too soon. I thought I was in the clear when I saw the Triangle-exclamation mark android...but its frozen on that screen and wont go into recovery. Ive tried it multiple times with the same result.

Nemo aeternamn
11-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Whoops spoke too soon. I thought I was in the clear when I saw the Triangle-exclamation mark android...but its frozen on that screen and wont go into recovery. Ive tried it multiple times with the same result.

When the triangle pops up... Did you press both volume buttons?
I want as sure if that came up on the x2

Post script:I just double checked... And both volume buttons do need to get pressed even the Android dude pops up

sexy_walrus45
11-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Oh.....gotcha...yeah it works now...and that was in your instructions....uhh...ill just attribute that one to how tired I am hahahaha

sexy_walrus45
11-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Hmmm...I was able to wipe the data and cache in recovery mode but when I reboot after that, it still freezes on the 'dual core technology' boot screen.

Nemo aeternamn
11-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Sounds like you need to sbf then... We have a great guide in here... Along with the 2.3.4 sbf

iNvalidRequiem
11-19-2011, 07:34 PM
I also have a DX2 and can't get it into recovery to install roms and whatnot. When in Rom Manager it says it installed Clockwork successfully but then when I try to boot into recovery it just restarts, it does the same thing when I try to make a backup in ROM manager. I went and got the DX2 system recovery from here Droid X2 System Recovery + Instruction - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1169677) and when I open the app and install recovery it ALSO says it's successful, but when I click on recovery mode it just shuts off and does nothing. I'm running 2.3.3 (because for some reason it wont update to 2.3.4) and am completely lost. I uninstalled ROM manager and tried again and it still wont work. What am I doing wrong!?

Additional random information:
System version: 1.3.232.MB870.Verizon.en.US
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-00003-gb6084d9mqr374@nj05lnxdroid05#2

Nemo aeternamn
11-19-2011, 08:09 PM
alright... so... first off... i wouldn't really use rom manager to flash or back up yet... it's not fully compatible with the x2... there's still a couple kinks that need to be ironed out first...are you remembering to plug it into the wall?

iNvalidRequiem
11-21-2011, 03:30 PM
I didn't have it plugged into the wall I had it plugged into the computer with it in Charge mode. Will try with it in the wall and see if it works :D

iNvalidRequiem
11-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Wow I feel like such a moron. It finally worked and I'm backing up right now. I'm an idiot.

Nemo aeternamn
11-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Haha... Nah... Sometimes it's the little things we all just.... Over look sometimes... Glad you got it working good : D

cleancasey
11-23-2011, 01:21 AM
you just got to remember that all you need is the system recovery...check debugging I believe...plug into wall outlet...when I downloaded it it had the directions with it....it's my girls phone and I run a dx1 so it gets a little confusing at times...I've already bricked hers and had to sbf it....no problems whatsoever....