PDA

View Full Version : Need to revert back from Libert 2.0.1 to factory Droid X - Nov 2011

shadow_knows
11-04-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm turning my phone in to the company next week for when I get the Droid Razr and I need to put it back to factory. There are sooo many threads out here that talk about one thing or another and go on for 60-80 pages that I don't have 3+ hours to read. I need to sbf back to stock and get whatever OTA upgrades are available and make it look like factory. Droid X running Liberty 2.0.1. I rooted it and put on Liberty 2.0.1 back in March and with all of the releases and changes - I have no idea what Verizon has released as the current software for this phone. BTW - I tried the Linux ISO deal that everyone talks about and spent 30+ min going from one megaupload to another that didn't have the file or made me download a file manager first which I didn't want to do.

Just need the basics - Running Win 7 64 bit. I don't have RDS lite installed anymore on this machine as it's been reformatted since.

Thanks

jwalz
11-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Here is an sbf method same as 1kds ISO method just put in an .exe file. U need to sbf that will bring u back to stock and if u want u could take the updates through your phone. Settings / about phone /system updates.
http://www.wugfresh.com/dev/sbfboot/

shadow_knows
11-04-2011, 08:10 PM
ok - that's a good site as I'm looking over it. Thanks. I'm booted right now to clockworkmod recovery (2.5.0.6) and I don't remember if that's considered the bootloader screen or not? I went in and wiped userdata and did a factory reset from here but of course it's still Liberty 2.0.1.

jwalz
11-04-2011, 08:18 PM
To get to bootloader power down then hold camera button and volume down button then power button hold for . 15 or 20 sec then release and u will be in bootloader... make sure your phone is fully charged before sbf'ing

shadow_knows
11-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the quick responses late last week. I finally went the route of using one of the "scary" megaupload links to get the Linux Boot CD's and ran the update with one of my laptops. It took the phone a while to get reprogrammed and I had to remember to do a few battery pulls as it was stuck on the droid red eye - but all in all it's running great! Certainly some nice improvements over the summer from when my DroidX was on Froyo and Liberty 2.0.1 seemed like a breath of fresh air - now with this version of GB on here from Verizon that came with OTA once I was back on stock - I like what I see so far.

Anyway - hopefully my Razr gets delivered before this next weekend and all of this work will have been worth it.

thanks!