PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking question

mpierce
11-02-2011, 11:02 PM
I used to use Android Overclock by JRummy16 located on the Android Market when I had my original Droid X on 2.2.1. Now i have rooted my Droid X2 running 2.3.4 and I am very weary of using this program. I have heard bad things about it. Any suggestions as to what is a good overclocking program for my device?

Nemo aeternamn
11-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Do not run this on the x2...
As of now... there it's no known way to overclock the x2

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Hulk0069
11-02-2011, 11:24 PM
listen to Nemo no overclocking for The x2 yet

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

nemosfate
11-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Quoted From juhde in an xda post

" The X had a Dev phone version that was unlocked. Because of this the community had access to many files that otherwise would be unaccessible. With these they were able to create kernel modules that allowed overclocking even with a locked boot loader.

Unfortunately there are no X2 Dev phones in the wild. No Dev phone = no files, no files = no way to create a overclocking module, hence no way to currently overclock the X2.

Our only hope is a unlocked bootloader or a module based off the atrix kernel, unfortunately the people who are in the know don't really seem interested in trying. To busy with 4G phones lol."

root, roms and themes oh my!

mpierce
11-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Joy. I'm regretting my purchase every day. So how would I go about setting up a custom theme?

nemosfate
11-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Joy. I'm regretting my purchase every day. So how would I go about setting up a custom theme?

Do you mean themeing it yourself or installing a theme?

root, roms and themes oh my!

mpierce
11-03-2011, 01:03 AM
installing a premade one.