PDA

View Full Version : VorteX Beta

dkoon1987
11-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just flashed from Apex 2.0 RC4 to VorteX Beta last night, and I must say I do like the ROM so far! One thing that I am not sure about is how to uninstall the default apps that come on it? (Amazon Kindle, Skype, etc.) Is there something I am missing here? I figured since I have root capability that I could uninstall everything? It seems like it has the same bloatware as on a stock GB X. Is this just me or is it like this for everyone?

Much thanks!

argentmacleod
11-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Titanium can take care of that

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

argentmacleod
11-01-2011, 11:38 AM
I've flashed a couple if roms since APEX rc3 including vortex ( yesterday ) and came back to rc3. Btw, I was under the impression that rc4 was for the dx2 only,I guess I was wrong, huh?

dkoon1987
11-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Titanium can take care of that

Good call on TB. I don't know why I didn't already think of that.. thanks!

What makes you stick with Apex? I'm not sure if I will be going back or not.. I need to give Vortex some more time. My screen kept freezing on both RC3 and RC4 (I didn't wipe data going to RC4), so that was one of my complaints. I never did a complete reflash to see if that fixed it.

Here's RC4
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/apex/38388-rom-droidx-apex-2-0-0-release-candidate-rc4-10-9-2011-a.html

argentmacleod
11-02-2011, 03:15 PM
APEX 98 vortex 28 ROM. it just seems faster. Better quad scores. Etc btw thanks for the link! Got a nexus s 4g with ics port. Sweet but no 4g. I go back and forth between cyan 7 and ics