PDA

View Full Version : bricked while trying to flash new ROM

ezhang
10-31-2011, 12:47 PM
Hey so I've been using an old version of Liberty since the summer. I remember I had to sbf back to Froyo. I wanted to upgrade to gingerbread so using Liberty Toolbox, I downloaded (and tried to install) something that would allow my phone to run on Gingerbread. It gets stuck on the Motorola M logo every time now and won't go into recovery.

What can I do? At this point, I just would like for my phone to work, rooted or not.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

DirtyDroid
10-31-2011, 12:54 PM
Your unable to get into recovery with home and power button?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

cobracon71
10-31-2011, 12:56 PM
pull battery unplugged

put it back

press home first then on at the same time

you should come to a triangle screen.... now if it upgraded to gb you have to press both volume up and down to get into recovery

then use volume keys to navigate and power on to select wipe data and cache reboot

if pressing both volume keys do not get you to stock recovery press search button that will get you there

Nemo aeternamn
10-31-2011, 01:08 PM
which version of liberty did you try to install?

ezhang
10-31-2011, 01:23 PM
I still am not getting the triangle screen. But if I hold the two volume buttons and then hit power I get a screen that looks like

Bootloader

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

But then when I connect it to my usb and that to the computer, nothing happens still

suggestions?

Leach19m
10-31-2011, 01:24 PM
That's the bootloader screen, that would be where you go to SBF

(V) {;,,;} (V) < Woopwoopwoopwoopwoop
Scuttering along like Zoidberg, on the move

cobracon71
10-31-2011, 01:25 PM
you have to hold the home button first then press power on at the same time for a few seconds then release

Leach19m
10-31-2011, 01:26 PM
you have to hold the home button first then press power on at the same time for a few seconds then release

Yeah, and hold them for a few seconds. I hold mine until I get the triangle screen

ezhang
10-31-2011, 01:26 PM
also, if I hold down home and then hit power or if I hold down home and menu and then hit power (normal steps for recovery) the red motorola M shows up and then disappears into a backlit but black screen.

cobracon71
10-31-2011, 01:28 PM
sounds as if a sbf is instore

but at the black screen try hitting both volume keys at the same time just for giggles

if that does not work try hitting the search key if none of those work prepare to sbf

if you need help pm me i will walk u through it if you have never done it

Leach19m
10-31-2011, 01:31 PM
If an sbf is in your near future, here's the thread to check out. Crazy easy, I've used it many times and never had a single issue.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23638

ezhang
10-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Is there any way to get out of the need to SBF? I switched to a mac recently...

Leach19m
10-31-2011, 01:34 PM
You can sbf with a mac. The thread I linked has mac instructions as well

cobracon71
10-31-2011, 01:34 PM
no not without being able to get into cwm recovery

ezhang
10-31-2011, 01:45 PM
alright looks like i'm sbfing

Thanks guys