PDA

View Full Version : Camera button not working with camera

Glizbane
10-27-2011, 08:13 AM
So I just installed cm7 and I absolutely love it, but I have one issue, the camera button doesn't work with the stock camera app. I've installed the camera/camcorder/torch fix, and I can take pictures, but it won't let me use the camera button to take the pictures.

Anybody have any clue what's going on and how to fix it? None of my searches have come up with anything so far.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

popcenator
10-27-2011, 08:36 AM
If I'm not mistaken, that's just how it is with CM7, the soft button should work to take the picture.

Glizbane
10-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I can touch the screen to take a picture, and that's fine if I'm looking at the screen, but if I'm in front of the lense, it's a little hard to touch that exact part of the screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

popcenator
10-27-2011, 08:56 AM
If you go into settings I think you can set the volume buttons to take a picture, or even the search button, but I think the camera button itself doesn't work on any CM7 version.

ryant35
10-27-2011, 11:36 AM
The newest update for CM7 with a Gingerbread kernal has a working camera button. There is no fix for the camera button with the Froyo kernal CM7.
The search button does work well for the camera, and now that I have a working camera button sometimes I still use the search button.