PDA

View Full Version : Updated 3D Apple VS Andy Bootanimation

RageXmods
10-26-2011, 09:48 PM
REVISED: I finally got around to fixing the "hang" at the end. The animation will now play through, and the Android sign will blink repeatedly until boot. For those of you wondering, I did try to have the entire animation replay until boot, but it lagged horribly for unknown reasons. The way I have it set now, it runs really smooth (at least for me, running Sensei Mod 602). I had to remake all of the animations (the explosion is a little different) and repackage them, which is why it took a while. Thanks for being patient!

Hey guys, I've been dabbling in 3d animation lately and FezRock inspired me to take a stab at making a boot animation. I decided to go with the classic Apple vs Android theme for my first attempt, and with Fez's help (and direction), I think it turned out pretty good and wanted to share it with you all. I made 6 color schemes to choose from: Royal Blue, Cyan, Orange, Red, Yellow, and a Pink one. I also made one that was requested by FezRock for an old school rainbow Apple with a shiny black inside material, which I think came out looking awesome, so props to him for the idea!

A couple of notes that I stole from HarleyDudes Bootanimation thread (with his permission...thanks HD!) that obviously apply here, with a few changes:
NOTE 1: I have tested all of these.
NOTE 2: None of these are flashable.
Again, do not flash these. You'll need to use the root explorer of your choice and go into either /system/media/ or /data/local/ to rename your current bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.zip.bak, then rename the downloaded file to bootanimation.zip and copy or move it to /data/local/, reboot and enjoy!
NOTE 3: On SSX: you can drop all your bootanimations into /data/chevyno1/bootanimation, then just easily load them from settings> Chevy No1 Tools>Scripts>Bootanimations.
NOTE 4: MIUI: I have not yet converted these to MIUI .mtz files, but I plan to soon, especially if I get requests for it.

Here's a preview of the blue one, followed by the rainbow Fez edition :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ickH3UIp4
Here's a preview image of the colors:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20879640/Boot Animations/Multishot.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20879640/Boot Animations/Rainbow preview.jpg
Downloads:
Blue (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20879640/Boot Animations/AppleSmashBLUEloop_bootanimation.zip)
Orange (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20879640/Boot Animations/AppleSmashORANGEloop_bootanimation.zip)
Yellow (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20879640/Boot Animations/AppleSmashYELLOWloop_bootanimation.zip)
(http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20879640/Boot Animations/AppleSmashORANGEloop_bootanimation.zip)Cyan (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20879640/Boot Animations/AppleSmashCYANloop_bootanimation.zip)
Red (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20879640/Boot Animations/AppleSmashREDloop_bootanimation.zip)
Pink (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20879640/Boot Animations/AppleSmashPINKloop_bootanimation.zip)
Rainbow.Black (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20879640/Boot Animations/AppleSmashRAINBOW.BLACK_bootanimation.zip)

BHuber09
10-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Awesome! I love these
Using the rainbow theme now!
Goodjob

Edit: Awh the link appears to be down

(I know how it is I've had it happen many times before) but goodjob ill check on it in a second

FreeMyMoto!!!
Nastiest Crew Takeover!!!

corki2
10-26-2011, 10:00 PM
You did an excellent job! I love the rainbow too. Thanks!

DirtyDroid
10-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Nice job! Looks sweet

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

silver04v
10-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Does the android hang at the end waiting for boot or does it keep repeating the animation?

Dripping awesome out of my Liquid 2.6 Droid X.

RageXmods
10-26-2011, 10:12 PM
Awesome! I love these
Using the rainbow theme now!
Goodjob

Edit: Awh the link appears to be down

(I know how it is I've had it happen many times before) but goodjob ill check on it in a second

FreeMyMoto!!!
Nastiest Crew Takeover!!!Hmmmm....seems to be up now :). I hope that doesn't happen too much. I'll have to move them.

RageXmods
10-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Well, I thought I set them for infinite loop, but I apparently didn't do that (they're set to run once). I never noticed because the roms that I tried them on only finished one full animation and then the phone booted. I'll be fixing them shortly for infinite loop though. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Does the android hang at the end waiting for boot or does it keep repeating the animation?

Dripping awesome out of my Liquid 2.6 Droid X.

Welfarebob
10-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Can I use this on x2?

RageXmods
10-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Can I use this on x2? Yeah you should be able to do that.

jwalz
10-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Seems to be down again..:( looks really cool though can't wait to dl

RageXmods
10-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Wow, thats not good. Which one did you try?
Seems to be down again..:( looks really cool though can't wait to dl

jwalz
10-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Almost all.lol

RageXmods
10-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Almost all.lol Sheesh, looks like using Dropbox was a bad idea. I'll be moving them now I think. Really odd though, I just had my wife try from her pc using the rainbow one and it worked.

nemosfate
10-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Looks good, I'll be rebooting allot more lol

root, roms and themes oh my!

nemosfate
10-26-2011, 10:53 PM
Sheesh, looks like using Dropbox was a bad idea. I'll be moving them now I think. Really odd though, I just had my wife try from her pc using the rainbow one and it worked.

They are working for me on the dx

RageXmods
10-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Can anyone else confirm they're working before I go moving them?

mugz91
10-26-2011, 11:06 PM
404 error on my X using Dolphin browser.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RageXmods
10-26-2011, 11:09 PM
404 error on my X using Dolphin browser.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk Arg. I'm moving them lol. Thanks for the input.

RageXmods
10-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Actually, what's a good free place to host? Fez told me about Minus.com which gives 10 gigs free, but when I share links from it, the file doesn't retain it's name...so "Blue Apple Smash" will turn into "ts780we4w". Not very user friendly for you guys.

mugz91
10-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Actually, what's a good free place to host? Fez told me about Minus.com which gives 10 gigs free, but when I share links from it, the file doesn't retain it's name...so "Blue Apple Smash" will turn into "ts780we4w". Not very user friendly for you guys.

Not sure, bro. You might want to wait and let some others chime in before you move them, anyway; just because I can't get there from here doesn't mean others won't be able to.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nemosfate
10-26-2011, 11:25 PM
That's really odd that it's a 50/50 shot of it working depending on who's downloading it

RageXmods
10-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Not sure, bro. You might want to wait and let some others chime in before you move them, anyway; just because I can't get there from here doesn't mean others won't be able to.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk Yeah, I guess you're right. It's irritating, to say the least though. Since the first post of a broken link, I've downloaded these multiple times without issue from my pc, my wife's, and straight to my phone from the DXF app. Doesn't make sense :omg:lol

Welfarebob
10-27-2011, 06:39 AM
I had no problem downloading the blue could behavior tracery prob on their end? How do I change permissions on the installed bootloader? It won't allow me to just change its name :O

RageXmods
10-27-2011, 07:46 AM
I had no problem downloading the blue could behavior tracery prob on their end? How do I change permissions on the installed bootloader? It won't allow me to just change its name :O

You have to hit the "mount r/w" button or something similar depending on which file manager you're using.

Welfarebob
10-27-2011, 09:30 AM
I am using es file manager and feel like an idiot now..I forgot to check root and mount file system fixed and your animation rocks did you update it to intimate loop? It being blue lol :-)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

RageXmods
10-27-2011, 09:34 AM
I am using es file manager and feel like an idiot now..I forgot to check root and mount file system fixed and your animation rocks did you update it to intimate loop? It being blue lol :-)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

I took one (the blue one actually) and tried it out on my phone set for infinite loop and it lagged horribly for some reason. Right as the camera goes from left to right in front of Andy, it froze for about 15-20 seconds every time I rebooted. Very odd.

csk415
10-27-2011, 11:16 AM
You did a great job on these. Installed the orange one and like it alot. I have no idea how to make boot animations but have a question. Instead of infinite loop could the animation be made longer? Like at the end of the animation have the android word spin? Im not sure if all the different roms load the same time wise. Im on Vortex and when the animation stops it just sits there until it boots up.

RageXmods
10-27-2011, 11:31 AM
You did a great job on these. Installed the orange one and like it alot. I have no idea how to make boot animations but have a question. Instead of infinite loop could the animation be made longer? Like at the end of the animation have the android word spin? Im not sure if all the different roms load the same time wise. Im on Vortex and when the animation stops it just sits there until it boots up.

Yeah I just got into this really, but I'm looking into it. If anything the word will keep blinking until boot after I fix it. Each animation took almost 3 hours to render, then they have to be packaged and uploaded, so redoing all of the animations would take a very long time. I don't like how it hangs at the end though, so I'll make it better. I'm at work now but I'll be playing with it more this evening and I'll update the OP once I have it resolved. Thanks for the feedback!

buzzyinmich
10-28-2011, 01:48 PM
They look awesome! :)

RageXmods
10-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Well guys, I haven't forgotten about fixing the "hang" at the end...I've just run into a couple snags that I'm trying to work through. I was trying to fix it using what I already have, but I may end up having to redo the animations and play with it a little to make it better. Ultimately I would have just liked to have it play an infinite loop, but I guess it's too intense with the animation because there is a 15 or 20 second lag that happens with infinite loop set. I also tried looping the last few seconds to have the android sign blink until boot, but that looked funny because there is still a piece of the apple bouncing around (Apple ruins everything! lol). Just thought I'd give an update....I'm still on it! Thanks for the compliments on the animation too, I appreciate it.

csk415
10-29-2011, 12:36 PM
I appreciate your efforts. It's great to have people like you willing to make some cool stuff for our phones. Thanks...

RageXmods
11-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Alright guys, I have updated the original post with new versions of my boot animation. I remade them so that we could have a smooth animation with a loop at the end (the android sign will blink repeatedly until boot). I tried one last time to get the entire animation to repeat until boot, but it lagged horribly again for unknown reasons. The way I have it set now is the smoothest and cleanest I could get it. I'm running Sensei Mod 602 at the moment and it runs very smooth for me. Hope you like them :)

nemosfate
11-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Yay! Ty very much!

Root, Roms and Themes, oh my...

fezrock
11-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Sweet! I'll check it out shortly.