PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse ROM

Cbarri88
10-24-2011, 10:15 PM
So I just rooted my phone and I'm not sure how to get a new ROM I have everything I need I think. I'm so new at this and confused. Help??

Droid X2 rooted.

Nemo aeternamn
10-25-2011, 02:55 AM
So you have tenfars recovery installed?

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Cbarri88
10-25-2011, 05:02 PM
No I don't...I have Droid x2 bootstrap recovery and the zip for eclipse in my SD card.

Sent from my STOCK and lovin it DROID X2.

victimssun
10-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Yea that's the same thing. Don't ask me how or why... lol.

A. So first you'd more than likely want to back up you're current setup. You would do that through the bootstrap recovery.

with your phone plugged in to the wall charger (not to your pc via usb)
select System Recovery
select Install Recovery
wait for the pop to ask for super user access (if not already done so), select Allow
wait for another pop to read Install Success!, tap ok
wait 5-10 seconds
select Recovery Mode, then wait
your phone will reboot

B. Once it reboots it will load up in the System Recovery (bootstrap, tenfars, whatever). Like I said, most advise a backup (aka nandroid) of your current system, setup, a complete mirror of what you have now. If you're interested...

Use the volume keys to go select Backup & Restore
tap the Power button
tap the Power Button to select Internal SD Card
then wait
this will take about 5-10 minutes
once it's done, you will... well it'll show it's done

C. So now you've entered recovery and created a backup. The next step, if that's what you want to do, is install a rom. You want to make sure you have the correct rom for what system version you're on. Rom's are built of the original system, so eclipse .7 is built from 2.3.3, but eclipse 1.0/1.1 is built from 2.3.4, so respectively, you want to be on the correct one. So do that now, if you already haven't, make sure you have the right file, or you'll just cause more steps. Not irreversible, just more steps. If you have, you can continue to install the rom...

Either stay in recovery, or follow all of steps A.
use the volume keys to go to Wipe DATA/factory reset, confirm
select Wipe CACHE partition (it's redundant, but whatever), confirm
select Advanced, power button
select Wipe Dalvik, power button
select to Go Back, power button
select to Install zip from SDCARD
select choose zip from sdcard, power button
then navigate to where you have stored your rom, using Power button to select
once you've found the rom, power button, then arrow down to Yes - Install "rom name rom name..."
now your rom will install
once install select Reboot system now
your phone will reboot, and hopefully (lol) into your new rom!

i'm doing this in stages right now, so if you get ahead of me, just refresh the page in a min.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Cbarri88
10-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Worked perfect! Thank you....I was so worried about bricking my phone BC I screwed something up. Appreciate your help greatly!!

Sent from my STOCK and lovin it DROID X2.

victimssun
10-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Awesome, glad to hear it. And no problem!

Captaintoad
10-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Hey I have a similar question. Going from Eclipse 1.0 to 1.1.

I booted into recovery
Wiped Cache/Dalvik
Then flashed zip

Wasn't sure if i needed to wipe data or not since the 1.1 is such a small file.
Thanks in advanced

Edit: Forgot to mention, after I flashed 1.1, x2 booted up fine. I went to settings>About phone>Build number and it still says Eclipse v1.0

OmidoStyle
10-31-2011, 08:03 AM
^ I noticed the same thing Captain, after installed the 1.1 update, version still said 1.0

victimssun
10-31-2011, 08:52 AM
1.1 was just a patch to 1.0 . You actually need to be on 1.0 first. 1.1 just fixes the hd mirroring, I think. So essentially, you're still on 1.0.

CJones15
10-31-2011, 04:30 PM
I have a question. I just rooted my phone today -using the one click method, and It said rooted successfully. So i installed rom manager, backed up my current rom and installed eclipse-v1.0.zip to my phone. It is possible that I've messed up somewhere along the instructions, because I also installed titanium backup. It says no root privileges. So I'm not sure what went wrong. Need help!

#NewGuy

heroe13
10-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Hello There anything for the Motorola droid X on
[Rom] Eclipse V1.0

lhkjohn
11-01-2011, 03:24 AM
I have a question. I just rooted my phone today -using the one click method, and It said rooted successfully. So i installed rom manager, backed up my current rom and installed eclipse-v1.0.zip to my phone. It is possible that I've messed up somewhere along the instructions, because I also installed titanium backup. It says no root privileges. So I'm not sure what went wrong. Need help!

#NewGuy

Try rebooting your phone and root privileges should come back. And as far as I know ROM manager is incompatible with our phone. I'm not even sure how you got it to work

Tapatalkin' from my eclipsed DROIDX2

Dragonicnight
11-10-2011, 09:42 AM

#NewGuy

When you flashed eclipse did it reboot into it or did it still boot into stock as well as did you update your super user app there, has been some reports of phones becoming unrooted becuase of that as well

Sent from my Droid X2 Eclipse

Welfarebob
11-10-2011, 11:08 AM

#NewGuy

Rom manager will not work on Droid x2 you can install the app select the file then it just reboots doing nothing.... you need x2 bootstrapping which I put on my dropbox you can download here:

http://db.tt/dWjEUk5H

install and click recovery make sure you are plugged into the wall it will boot you into cwm where you will install rom from zip select rom and then wipe data cache and delvick code and then reboot system and you will reboot into eclipse also eclipse is on 1.2 now if you wish to try it also you need to be on the 2.3.4 build :)

Welfarebob
11-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Hello There anything for the Motorola droid X on
[Rom] Eclipse V1.0

I do not believe there to be an eclipse version on Droid X ATM :-)

Brandoe
12-05-2011, 06:25 AM
hello people i hope this is the right spot i tried posting this before but i dont quite know what im doing yet on this site and it didnt work but anyway i have a droid x2 and i had the eclips 1.0 on there for about a month or 2 then i actually came here and found the 1.3 so i downloaded and flashed and it was ok untill i noticed it took my 3g away completely disable it i tried both options on *228 and nothing tried airplane mode for a couple minutes nothing worked but i still didnt think it was the rome i tried seartching and more seartching then a called verizon to see if any towers recently fell or got damaged in my area and they told me no so i had had enouph of no 3g(altho it did save quite a bit on my data usege) i go out a lot and and yes i lick to show my dx2 off so when i cant get wifi ide like to have my 3g there so i sbfed but now i have rom manager but it wont let me put system manager on there and the only way me and my step dad wer able to flash anything was bootstraping and we did so with system manager i do have a backup but i cant flash do to the fact that its in <3e> and i have no clue what that is and or how to get rid of it

adamwhitehead
12-05-2011, 07:34 AM
hello people i hope this is the right spot i tried posting this before but i dont quite know what im doing yet on this site and it didnt work but anyway i have a droid x2 and i had the eclips 1.0 on there for about a month or 2 then i actually came here and found the 1.3 so i downloaded and flashed and it was ok untill i noticed it took my 3g away completely disable it i tried both options on *228 and nothing tried airplane mode for a couple minutes nothing worked but i still didnt think it was the rome i tried seartching and more seartching then a called verizon to see if any towers recently fell or got damaged in my area and they told me no so i had had enouph of no 3g(altho it did save quite a bit on my data usege) i go out a lot and and yes i lick to show my dx2 off so when i cant get wifi ide like to have my 3g there so i sbfed but now i have rom manager but it wont let me put system manager on there and the only way me and my step dad wer able to flash anything was bootstraping and we did so with system manager i do have a backup but i cant flash do to the fact that its in and i have no clue what that is and or how to get rid of it

You have to be on 2.3.4 for eclipse 1.3, and 3e is stock recovery for the x2, you need tenfars recovery. Rom manager doesn't work for the x2

scotch1020
12-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Im running eclipse 1.3 and on some reboots 3g doesn't load for some reason too but if I reboot again 90% it reboots back fine

DROID x2 2.3.4 running eclipse 1.3

victimssun
12-05-2011, 06:50 PM
I believe this happens for everyone. I asked nitro about it once, he said all roms do it, or something like that. Idk.. I deal with it.

Brandoe
12-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Ok thanks to all I will switch rom manager.

Brandoe
12-13-2011, 06:41 AM
thanks again i just wanted to come on here and let yall know i put the tenfars recovery on my phone and i am now back on 1.0 with the 1.1 patch witch will work for me for now unless cm7 comes out for dx2 lol but yes the rom manager was my problem i have everything back to where i like it