PDA

View Full Version : Access Clockwork Recovery from Off Position

SimoX
10-23-2011, 04:02 PM
No matter what I do I can't get into clockwork recovery because I'm stuck in a bootloop. I've tried turning on and holding volume down, going into normail revovery and rebooting from there, going to bootloader (which has no options just a black screen). Are there any other methods or am I doing it wrong?

SimoX
10-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Fixed it myself. Just booted to recovery, wiped data and cache, and rebooted, still doesn't answer the question why I can't get to clockwork recovery from boot.

downtheory
10-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Simply, locked bootloader. No way for the phone to boot into custom recovery mode.
It's unfortunate, but a part of owning an X or an X2, like me.
I'm in the same position right now, but I have to SBF, no way around it and no way to backup anything, yet again...
Last Moto product I buy...until they start unlocking bootloaders.

Glad you got your problem fixed though, that's always awesomeness. :)

Nemo aeternamn
10-23-2011, 08:09 PM
There is only one way to actually do this... You just have to be running the gingerbread kernel...

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

SimoX
10-23-2011, 09:14 PM
And how is that...?

Nemo aeternamn
10-23-2011, 09:39 PM
It's probably not exactly how your thinking.... But if you flash jakebites mod... You can set it to always reboot into clockwork recovery... So if you do bootloop you can just pull the battery... Reboot and your in recovery

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

ack41988
10-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Actually the latest miui 10.7 has a mod that when ur phone boots up u will see a blue led light up and if u push the volume down it will give u the options of recovery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums