PDA

View Full Version : How to install latest CM rom on .605?

budmonster
10-20-2011, 02:11 PM
I've been away from the Android scene for a long time, so I'm really out of the loop. I'm very busy with work and my kids so I'd appreciate the help. I'm just wonder how to install CM on my DX? I'm on the latest 4.5.605 update. I updated the OTA way. I went into Titanium Backup and it says I no longer have root. I just want to know how to get on the most update CM for Gingerbread. If someone could just give me any easy step by step way to get me updated the latest, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for the help everyone!

-bud

EDIT: If this was posted in the wrong section, my apologizes.

macpro88
10-20-2011, 02:34 PM
You will need to find the unofficial GB CM7 downloads as the official CM7 has yet to incorporate the newest kernel on .605. You will need to flash D2 bootstrap, then get ROM Manager and flash the Droid X 2nd-init recovery. Boot into recovery and wipe/flash like any other ROM. Once in CM7 don't flash any bootstraps, its built in. Use ROM Manager to boot into custom recovery.

If you want official CM7 you will need to SBF back to .340.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Lynkdev
10-20-2011, 02:41 PM
is the all in one fix still needed with this and the nightlies?

just wondering since i installed 124 and my torch is FC'n.

Nemo aeternamn
10-20-2011, 02:52 PM
is the all in one fix still needed with this and the nightlies?

just wondering since i installed 124 and my torch is FC'n.

For the official nightlies yes... You'll still need razorloves all i'm one zip.. But it's not needed on the unofficial nightlies

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Lynkdev
10-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Do I just wipe cache and davlik or just flash?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
10-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Won't hurt... But not necessary

budmonster
10-20-2011, 09:53 PM
You will need to find the unofficial GB CM7 downloads as the official CM7 has yet to incorporate the newest kernel on .605. You will need to flash D2 bootstrap, then get ROM Manager and flash the Droid X 2nd-init recovery. Boot into recovery and wipe/flash like any other ROM. Once in CM7 don't flash any bootstraps, its built in. Use ROM Manager to boot into custom recovery.

If you want official CM7 you will need to SBF back to .340.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Is their a guide for the official CM7 for .340? also, is CM7 for .340 more stable than CM on .605? What's the difference?

Nemo aeternamn
10-20-2011, 10:38 PM
The install method is the same... The difference is the kernel... They are both extremely stable... as the unofficial ones at built of the latest official release

macpro88
10-21-2011, 12:37 AM
Just remember if you want to flash the official CM7, you will need to SBF back to .340 first, not doing so will soft brick you and you will have to SBF anyways.

Rule of thumb is that you don't flash different basses from one kernel to another with out doing a full system SBF first.

As far as stability, bot are doing great. There will always be some little bugs here and there but that's just part of flashing aftermarket firmware.

I do believe users are getting better battery life on the GB CM7 though, if I'm not mistaken.

budmonster
10-30-2011, 01:16 AM
Ok now that I know there are two CM builds. CM4DX and CM4GB...Where can I get the latest nightlies for each one? I see here (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/2902-dev-threaddroidx-cm7-with-gingerbread-kernel/) that "2011-10-19" is the most current one to download but then I see one from today here (http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=cdma_shadow).

So I'm confused on the nightlies?

For CM4DX I just d/l them from here? CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution (http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=cdma_shadow)
And for the CM4GB I d/l them here? [DEV_THREAD]DroidX CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel - RootzWiki (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/2902-dev-threaddroidx-cm7-with-gingerbread-kernel/page__view__findpost__p__66896)

1 last thing, what is 2nd init? And do I need it to run CM?

zoe
11-01-2011, 03:20 AM
2nd init is a secondary process that basically hijacks/takes over the regular init process when booting the phone's OS. it's included in the cm7 rom's for the DX, it's actually how it's even possible to load the rom in the first place as the locked bootloader prevents the native loading of the cyanogen mod (or really any/most other low level access modules or kernels)

yeah, very non-technical explanation there but again it's part of the cm7 builds so you don't need to worry much about it

of course if your curious you'll find way better info than I can provide by googling it. oh and add cvpcs to your search, he's the dev that got it working on the DX and his blog had a pretty good explanation about it

[__)XXX)__)==l nvm, i'm probably drunk...