PDA

View Full Version : Ssx 2.2 bug thread

kochoid
10-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Didn't see one, so ill start one.

:-)

EDITED by ChevyNo1 - thanks kochoid :)

0: If you get FC's on any apps - run the logcat app included in the ROM, capture the log, force the FC, and either attach here (preferred) or email to chevyno1.droid@gmail.com. Mention the application, and which device this is for.

1: NFL mobile video does not play. Much like recent cm7 gb builds and initial miui gb builds. Dxc has it working now on miui and 9/2 cm7 gb nightly runs it too.

2: battery icon will change to stock icon from theme icon if theme icon does not support 1%. Ssx 2.1 did this also, at least initially

BTW, I LOVE ME SOME SSX!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

PARick
10-18-2011, 07:43 AM
As in previous builds, SPB Shell 3D constantly force closes. Not sure why, works great on Liquid's ROM. Really wish it worked on this!

Enzymaticracer
10-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Edit.

kochoid
10-18-2011, 07:49 AM
I use spb shell too, and it only force closes when changing wallpaper or theme, but it does this on other roms too: miui, stock, cm7, Shuji. I take as more a limitation of the resource-hog launcher that it is rather than a prob wit the rom.

PARick
10-18-2011, 07:57 AM
I use spb shell too, and it only force closes when changing wallpaper or theme, but it does this on other roms too: miui, stock, cm7, Shuji. I take as more a limitation of the resource-hog launcher that it is rather than a prob wit the rom.

So, what do you do to prevent it? I got the FCs when i seleceted no wallpaper. Thanks!

kochoid
10-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Do have the most recent version from market?

PARick
10-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Do have the most recent version from market?

SPB? Yes.

tt2015
10-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Didn't see one, so ill start one.

:-)

1: NFL mobile video does not play. Much like recent cm7 gb builds and initial miui gb builds. Dxc has it working now on miui and 9/2 cm7 gb nightly runs it too.

2: battery icon will change to stock icon from theme icon if theme icon does not support 1%. Ssx 2.1 did this also, at least initially

BTW, I LOVE ME SOME SSX!!!

Is it possible to make the battery icon bigger. I like the 1% increment but it's too small. I can not read the number.

Sean Wristen
10-18-2011, 10:01 AM
May be deal breaker. Can not charge in power off, shut down phone then plug it in and it powers on. Let battery run out till powers off to charge and clear battery stats plug in and it turns on. Would like to charge in off state any help would be great. Thanks.

PARick
10-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Is it possible to make the battery icon bigger. I like the 1% increment but it's too small. I can not read the number.

Get Big battery Notifier(free), and remove the battery completly.

Burncycle
10-18-2011, 10:49 AM
May be deal breaker. Can not charge in power off, shut down phone then plug it in and it powers on. Let battery run out till powers off to charge and clear battery stats plug in and it turns on. Would like to charge in off state any help would be great. Thanks.

Every 2nd init rom that is not based on blur does this. It isn't a bug, it is just fact :)

Sean Wristen
10-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Every 2nd init rom that is not based on blur does this. It isn't a bug, it is just fact :)

Wow that's a bummer! Thanks .

Nemo aeternamn
10-18-2011, 10:57 AM

To add to this... Being able to charge whole off is a trait built in to the blur framework... So going full aosp takes that out... But I did read about someone working on this on one of the code sites... so it it's a possibility.. But hasn't been implemented in yet

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

tt2015
10-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Get Big battery Notifier(free), and remove the battery completly.

Ok. Is it possible to turn off the low battery warning screen. It stays on and prevents you from using the phone.

PARick
10-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Ok. Is it possible to turn off the low battery warning screen. It stays on and prevents you from using the phone.

I know the answer is yes, but can't recall how. Sorry!

Scrapy McSlappy
10-18-2011, 01:21 PM

I will work on making a bigger st of battery icons. When I made these I made them a little small so I could fit the % sign in. I will make a set that has no % sign and bigger numbers that will be flashable. Give me a couple days and I will post it up on the SSX 2.2 thread.

fezrock
10-18-2011, 01:50 PM
I just hid the battery icon, as I use simmo's battery monitor anyway.

I'm having problems getting WiFi to stay connected. But others have no problems, so it's attributable to something else I'm sure.

umx
10-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Ya the market is still effing up., when i try to download anything from it. Then it will chain force close until i delete the data, but if i try to download something agian it will happen.

I tried to download simmos battery monitor. does it every time i try. Im currently on market 3.2.0 bc the one that came with chevys release would do the same thing.

Also the battery will drop in chunks. was at 95% then dropped to 81, 79> 64 , 59 > 48%

ChevyNo1
10-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Ya the market is still effing up., when i try to download anything from it. Then it will chain force close until i delete the data, but if i try to download something agian it will happen.

I tried to download simmos battery monitor. does it every time i try. Im currently on market 3.2.0 bc the one that came with chevys release would do the same thing.

Also the battery will drop in chunks. was at 95% then dropped to 81, 79> 64 , 59 > 48%

Can I assume this is on a freshly wiped (dalvik AND data) ROM, with nothing restored but your google account? And this still happens? As noted in the OP - get a logcat on the crash to me and I will take a look.

umx
10-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Can I assume this is on a freshly wiped (dalvik AND data) ROM, with nothing restored but your google account? And this still happens? As noted in the OP - get a logcat on the crash to me and I will take a look.

Ya 3 fresh wipes. ill do it when i get home from work. thank you.
Should i try a new sbf?

ended up having to re sbf anyways. did that tried to download apps from market bam market effed up. try to figure out how to upload the log

here is the log
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ls2diz

Now if i clear the data, i can get into market pick out what i wanna download start the download then its force closes.

babygetoboy
10-18-2011, 06:42 PM
I've been having the battery drop in big chunks as well

NITRO2
10-18-2011, 07:01 PM
anyone able to enable swype from the input method? it won't let me enable it

milski65
10-18-2011, 07:10 PM

No issues 2.2 and SwiftKey. On 2.1 I had to freeze all other keyboards in tibu for it to take. Try that. It might work.

savagerun
10-18-2011, 07:20 PM
^ + 1

Xout321
10-18-2011, 07:21 PM
I haven't been able to get Swype working either. I signed up for the Swype beta, downloaded the installer app, and then let it install Swype. Swype appears in the list of keyboards and appears as a valid input method, but the keyboard will never successfully launch.

When I flashed SSX 2.1 from stock Froyo I didn't lose the stock Swype ~1.6, but flashing SSX 2.2 over the stock GB caused me to lose the stock Swype keyboard.

I was able to get the SlideIt demo working from the Android Market and it seems to be a viable replacement for Swype. Swype's support forums are rather vacant and it was recently acquired by Nuance so who knows what will happen to the Swype beta in the future. If I don't have any problems during the SlideIT demo, I'll probably buy the full version and use it instead.

Nemo aeternamn
10-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Fur those having trouble with Swype beta...
Go to settings/applications/manage applications/scroll down to Swype and clear data... That skills work... Them you can get it all set it up

NITRO2
10-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Fur those having trouble with Swype beta...
Go to settings/applications/manage applications/scroll down to Swype and clear data... That skills work... Them you can get it all set it up

still didn't work, thanks tho

Nemo aeternamn
10-18-2011, 07:35 PM
still didn't work, thanks tho

Did you try uninstalling Swype and the installer then reinstalling it?
I've had that issue going to a couple roms... That's always fixed it for me

Xout321
10-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks, Nemo-Aeternamn. That got the Swype beta working for me, and it looks great.

Xelios
10-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Umm, ok I don't know if this is the ROM's fault, but I'm seeing a few apps where it says my device is incompatible with the app on the market. Like Microsoft's hotmail app, living social, and xScope browser.

milski65
10-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Umm, ok I don't know if this is the ROM's fault, but I'm seeing a few apps where it says my device is incompatible with the app on the market. Like Microsoft's hotmail app, living social, and xScope browser.

I just downloaded xscope and it worked fine. Ran it through a couple of times and deleted it. Have you deleted cache/data or delete app and try to redownload?

Xelios
10-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Well I had xScope back on 2.1 with no issues. It's now when I've upgraded that the marketplace tells me its not compatible. There isn't even an option to download it anyway.

Also I'm having quite a bit of trouble of getting settings to stick. Can't enable another keyboard over the android one.

Nemo aeternamn
10-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Welcome : D

autopsy
10-18-2011, 08:12 PM
So i think i just bricked my phone,

Using clockwork recovery after having SSX 2.1 installed, i wiped data/cache/davik..... then installed 2.2 update zip. It ran fine but when i went to reboot it just sat at the Motorola screen... :(

HELP!!

NITRO2
10-18-2011, 08:12 PM

i just tried that also, still a no go.

milski65
10-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Well I had xScope back on 2.1 with no issues. It's now when I've upgraded that the marketplace tells me its not compatible. There isn't even an option to download it anyway.

Also I'm having quite a bit of trouble of getting settings to stick. Can't enable another keyboard over the android one.

On 2.1 I had to freeze all other keyboards for Swift k to work via tibu. You may need to reflash 2.2. I've had no issues other than white on white on notification pull down for app to sd. It really is a killer rom.

Xelios
10-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Ok, cool. I'll give that a shot then. Thanks a lot man.

milski65
10-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Ok, cool. I'll give that a shot then. Thanks a lot man.
Let us know how it works.

Nemo aeternamn
10-18-2011, 08:36 PM
So i think i just bricked my phone,

Using clockwork recovery after having SSX 2.1 installed, i wiped data/cache/davik..... then installed 2.2 update zip. It ran fine but when i went to reboot it just sat at the Motorola screen... :(

HELP!!

You need to sbf... Reflashing won't help.... You need to get to the ginger kernel to flash this rom...

Xelios
10-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Let us know how it works.

No dice on freezing it. Guess I'm gonna reflash the ROM now.

milski65
10-18-2011, 08:41 PM
No dice on freezing it. Guess I'm gonna reflash the ROM now.

You mean freezing your other keyboards?

Xelios
10-18-2011, 08:47 PM
You mean freezing your other keyboards?

Well I just froze only the android keyboard. I guess I just needed a reboot or something. I flashed it again anyway and now I can select Swype, so it's working for me.

milski65
10-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Well I just froze only the android keyboard. I guess I just needed a reboot or something. I flashed it again anyway and now I can select Swype, so it's working for me.

Cool. Did your other app issues take care of themselves after reflashing?

Xelios
10-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Cool. Did your other app issues take care of themselves after reflashing?

Still having issues with those incompatible apps. No big deal though, I'll just grab the apk from somewhere. Other than that, I'm golden. Thanks a bunch for your help man, really appreciate it.

autopsy
10-18-2011, 09:08 PM
You need to sbf... Reflashing won't help.... You need to get to the ginger kernel to flash this rom...

Ok so i have just done a SBF from the latest Droid X SBf that i have found.
Can someone please give me a step by step so i can avoid having to do this alll over again,...

milski65
10-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Ok so i have just done a SBF from the latest Droid X SBf that i have found.
Can someone please give me a step by step so i can avoid having to do this alll over again,...

Are you on 340, 602 or 605?

jwalz
10-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Sbf to 602 using this http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html
Then use the d3 one click root found here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html then goto ssx thread and dl the rom here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/38779-ssx-2-2-2-3-7-incl-1-battery-other-goodies.html then boot in to recovery wipe cache and data and then flash ssx.
Edit: hijack over. Sry guys and gals

autopsy
10-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Are you on 340, 602 or 605?

Ok so im on 605 but should i do what is below ur comment and flash back to 602?

jwalz
10-18-2011, 09:30 PM
D3 will root .605

Xelios
10-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah use the D3 root method. You're good on .605, I did it.

milski65
10-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Ok so im on 605 but should i do what is below ur comment and flash back to 602?

As jwalz says, if you're not on rooted 605 then root and flash. Wipe everything.

autopsy
10-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Ok ive applied the d3 root to.605 but am i looking for another recovery tool like clockwork? or just straight up from the droid x stock recovery?

Nemo aeternamn
10-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Ok ive applied the d3 root to.605 but am i looking for another recovery tool like clockwork? or just straight up from the droid x stock recovery?

you'll want droid 2 bootstrap...

yes... droid 2... it's just an updated version of droid x bootstrap

autopsy
10-18-2011, 09:59 PM
WIN!!!! got there in the end! You all rock thanks for the help!

Nemo aeternamn
10-18-2011, 10:06 PM
awesome!!!!!!!!!! glad to hear that autopsy!!!

AxleRowe
10-19-2011, 03:05 AM
Is anyone having problems with wifi, its saying im cinnected but everytime i try to use the browser im getting page not available, 3g is working fine.

fezrock
10-19-2011, 05:54 AM
My stock music player crashed in between songs, and my dx rebooted. This happened on the test build once. Now my keyboard is laaaaagy. Rebooting now to see if it helps.

fezrock
10-19-2011, 06:00 AM
Actually everything, including the reboot, was lagging. All is well now in that department.

snowboardwcu
10-19-2011, 06:38 AM

i also cannot get this to work. have tried uninstall / reinstall 'installer' as well as tried to restore swype beta from tiBkup. just never lets me enable it. have also tried fix permissions a bunch of times. i'm still working on it, anyone have any other ideas?

EDIT: seems like a data wipe did the trick. worked on first try after. its been my experience that you have to let the OS settle out after flashing, reboot a few times, and do another fresh wipe. works best after that.

Bkdodger
10-19-2011, 07:18 AM
Is anyone having problems with wifi, its saying im cinnected but everytime i try to use the browser im getting page not available, 3g is working fine.

I was getting the same thing during testing ...try first to flash the rom again with just cache / dalvik wipes ..then check the wifi before doing anything else ...if it doesn't work then last resort is a new install with all wipes including data ...

Sent from elGato's X..
thru tapatalk...

JakeX
10-19-2011, 08:44 AM
I can't play any of the videos I have on my phone. It just says sorry can't play that video. Anyone know a way to fix this??

Bkdodger
10-19-2011, 08:51 AM
I can't play any of the videos I have on my phone. It just says sorry can't play that video. Anyone know a way to fix this??

Where the videos taken with blur cam ? Bc I know many of these 2init roms can't play them...

Sent from elGato's X..
thru tapatalk...

PARick
10-19-2011, 10:04 AM
First, Thanks to Chevy for helping me on this. I am posting this for anyone who may be experiencing similar issues. I use SPB Shell 3D. After installing it on this ROM, I got FCs to the point of Having to use "reboot into recovery" to flash a nanodroid. So, after sending Chevy alogcat file, and correspondence, he determined the VM Heap was too low. So, I went into Chevy's Tools.....performance...and set VM Heap to 48 and BINGO..no problems. Everything is running great! Great ROM!!!!!! No other issues what so ever.

umx
10-19-2011, 01:56 PM
I got my other issues resolved, but the battery is still going down in chunks. I mean it will do 1% changes and then not change for a bit then drop a chunk.

bleedgreen
10-19-2011, 02:00 PM
I read all 7pages. 1st page mentioned NFL Mobile not working, and yes, 605 miui it does work. Any chance a fix real soon? I gotta have my nfl. I travel alot soo this app is a lifesaver.

InsomNiaC
10-19-2011, 06:11 PM
im having Data/3g issues as well this time around. SBF back to 602, re-flashed have the same issues with wifi not connecting. Also when trying to turn on airplane mode or turn wifi on or off it will not change, i will have to reboot then it will change. any suggestions. fwiw it does the same thing after re-flashing.

ReLyte456
10-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Okay for those noticing data issues Verizon is testing the 4g network in areas and that causes some pauses and resets in 3g connection.

Now i'm not sure this is a bug but it is a bit annoying. The battery notification saying the battery is at X% and should be plugged into a charger pops up for every single percent of battery, which for me is repetitive while operating. Is there some way to turn that to one notification at say 15% battery?

TideFan22
10-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Okay for those noticing data issues Verizon is testing the 4g network in areas and that causes some pauses and resets in 3g connection.

Now i'm not sure this is a bug but it is a bit annoying. The battery notification saying the battery is at X% and should be plugged into a charger pops up for every single percent of battery, which for me is repetitive while operating. Is there some way to turn that to one notification at say 15% battery?

Yeah mine will not start popping up also, and it's making my phone unusable and alot of trouble trying to calibrate battery, I'm waiting for a fix or workaround

ⓡⓞⓛⓛ ⓣⓘⓓⓔ ⓡⓞⓛⓛ

PARick
10-19-2011, 06:38 PM
I started checking and answering emails with the battery at 100%. It went to 95% after an hour. In the next hour it dropped to 79%. Then I plugged it in to charge. After 15 minutes it charged to 84%. Then I checked in 2 minutes and it was fully charged. I wiped battery stats when I flashed and used battery callibrator when it was 100%. Not certain the battery is reading correctly.

spideyx24
10-19-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm having that same battery issue. "Charged" at 90% and I'm having an issue with cm7 Themes sticking. Has someone already gone over that?

TideFan22
10-19-2011, 06:45 PM
My battery life's been amazing

ⓡⓞⓛⓛ ⓣⓘⓓⓔ ⓡⓞⓛⓛ

milski65
10-19-2011, 07:11 PM

Mine starts at 15, and is a slight pain. Haven't seen way to set lower. Have you tried going into Chevy tools, options, and select low battery led? See what it's set at. Mine was 15, changed to 5%. Not sure this is a workaround.

AxleRowe
10-19-2011, 07:12 PM
First time ssx user, any tips for batt settings, supercharger, or any other helpfull tidbits from any veterans out there. Love the rom, inspiring work chevy.

silver04v
10-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah mine will not start popping up also, and it's making my phone unusable and alot of trouble trying to calibrate battery, I'm waiting for a fix or workaround

ⓡⓞⓛⓛ ⓣⓘⓓⓔ ⓡⓞⓛⓛ

What exactly do you mean? This pops up from 100% to 0? That must get very annoying

Dripping awesome out of my Liquid 2.6 Droid X.

TideFan22
10-19-2011, 08:10 PM
So does anyone have a fix or workaround for the low battery warning constantly going off, that's the only thing bug for me
Edit: silver at 5% it will pop up and normally after u hit OK it will go away, but instead it just comes right back up and constantly keeps popping up and the warning notification goes off also everytime it goes off also it's annoying and u have to charge it for it to stop, but from a 100% to 6% it's all good
ⓡⓞⓛⓛ ⓣⓘⓓⓔ ⓡⓞⓛⓛ

milski65
10-19-2011, 08:22 PM
So does anyone have a fix or workaround for the low battery warning constantly going off, that's the only thing bug for me
Edit: silver at 5% it will pop up and normally after u hit OK it will go away, but instead it just comes right back up and constantly keeps popping up and the warning notification goes off also everytime it goes off also it's annoying and u have to charge it for it to stop, but from a 100% to 6% it's all good
ⓡⓞⓛⓛ ⓣⓘⓓⓔ ⓡⓞⓛⓛ

I can confirm the 5% set up on Chevy tools. Not a big issue cause once it hits 5% it's dead soon thereafter. That's better then my other X running Vortex 2.8 and the warnings starting at 15%. Don't know of any other option.

TideFan22
10-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Mine want die shortly after cause I have a 3200mah battery and it'll stay at 5% for along time, and it is suppose to stop after u hit OK, not keep popping up repeaditily

ⓡⓞⓛⓛ ⓣⓘⓓⓔ ⓡⓞⓛⓛ

9wire
10-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Back on SS after a long absence, I always used Chevy's rom's on my d1. Coming from cm7 and cmdxgb, did full wipe before installing. Having the theme issue, sometimes wallpapers won't stick, and the first time I connected the USB, nothing happened. Hot boot and it connected normally. Otherwise looks like my battery life is noticeably better, and overall great rom.

milski65
10-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Mine want die shortly after cause I have a 3200mah battery and it'll stay at 5% for along time, and it is suppose to stop after u hit OK, not keep popping up repeaditily

ⓡⓞⓛⓛ ⓣⓘⓓⓔ ⓡⓞⓛⓛ

You're right. You'd think so. If I find another option I'll let you know.

wireman2161
10-19-2011, 08:53 PM
i too have a 3200 mah battery the only thing i have found to help is to reboot then the stock icon will jump back up to around to 50% and shutoff the notification.hopefully someone will come up with a way to turn it off . other than that this is one slick puppie

9wire
10-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Was messing around with some stuff, looks like my theme sticks now, but having the wifi/3g switching issue. I would like a fix, but really only use wifi at home, so can work around it.

TideFan22
10-19-2011, 09:03 PM
i too have a 3200 mah battery the only thing i have found to help is to reboot then the stock icon will jump back up to around to 50% and shutoff the notification.hopefully someone will come up with a way to turn it off . other than that this is one slick puppie

Yeah that's what I've been doing, but Im wanting to calibrate my battery so I hope someone finds a fix... I guess I'll calibrate by using it and when it gets to 5% I'll set it in another room and leave it till it dies

ⓡⓞⓛⓛ ⓣⓘⓓⓔ ⓡⓞⓛⓛ

InsomNiaC
10-19-2011, 09:07 PM

i don't think that's the issue. I am running Cm7 nightly #122 with the .13 radio and i font have the same issue right now. I will prob sbf and go back to ssx 2.2 just to see if the problem persists into tomorrow. The switching has existed over all 3 Ssx releases but its not a huge deal just thought id point it out this time.

Spirotot
10-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Is anyone else having trouble sending MMS messages with the messaging application? Been trying to send one tonight, keeps failing... No idea if it's the ROM, Verizon, or what... :/

spideyx24
10-20-2011, 03:06 AM
None of my Themes and settings stick. I can't find a way for my themes to come full. I'm trying to use the sithdroid theme. And for my settings I have to reboot my phone to turn off/on GPS and account sync. Help please. And is spb shell worth he 15 dollars? I wanna try it but don't wanna spend that much.

TwinkleFingers
10-20-2011, 07:34 AM
After I installed 2.2, I was having really bad 3G connection problems (in addition to other things such as battery taking 3 hours to go from 100% to 92% and then taking 15 minutes to get from 20% to shutting down), so I decided to do a clean reinstall, and install only what I absolutely needed to function.

One thing I noticed was that my radio was .07 (from when I was on SSX 2.1). But I had SBFed to .602, so I thought I would have the updated radio. I tried SBFing again (to .602) and the radio was still .07. So I SBFed back to .340 and took the OTA update to .605, so now my radio is .13. Haven't had it on long enough to make sure everything is working right, but could this be the source of some problems?

dennyjones
10-20-2011, 08:05 AM
From what I've read, and I may be in left field, the only way to get the latest radio was to take the ota.

InsomNiaC
10-20-2011, 08:14 AM
From what I've read, and I may be in left field, the only way to get the latest radio was to take the ota.

you can get the 602 Radio via the TBH app as well, and likely there are some other methods of getting it. to be honest i feel like i had better Data with the .07 radio than the newer one. i may swithc back just to see for sure. Right now im getting .7mb down .9mb up should be getting double that. after the flash back to SSX 2.2 the wifi issues don't seem to be present, but the switching problem still is there, its intermittent, almost seems like a permissions error.

S@NT@N@
10-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Trouble getting mms working, put this Rom on both my wife and my DX and can't seem to get the mms working. Other than that absolutely no problems at all. Excellent ROM.

Sent from my DROIDX running SSX 2.2(main), Suji, Liquid, Vortex and MIUI.

mooler
10-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Is anyone else having trouble sending MMS messages with the messaging application? Been trying to send one tonight, keeps failing... No idea if it's the ROM, Verizon, or what... :/

MMS Problems here as well....cant send but I can receive

silver04v
10-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Not being able to send pics is a deal breaker for me. Is this a bug in this rom at the moment?

Scrapy McSlappy
10-20-2011, 03:50 PM
I am having zero issues. Mms send and receive just fine. Have you tried to fix permissions?

Sent from my DROIDX

InsomNiaC
10-20-2011, 04:05 PM
i have installed and uninstalled this ROM 4+ times and never had a n issue with the MMS

silver04v
10-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Good, guess I'm going to be running this one next.

Nemo aeternamn
10-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Good, guess I'm going to be running this one next.

Good call... This rom is amazing... Much better battery then liquid

Spirotot
10-20-2011, 06:50 PM
I am having zero issues. Mms send and receive just fine. Have you tried to fix permissions?

Sent from my DROIDX

Fixing permission now... We'll see what happens.

Scrapy McSlappy
10-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Hopefully it works for ya.

Sent from my DROIDX

Spirotot
10-20-2011, 06:59 PM

Sent from my DROIDX

Just tried fixing permissions using the script in the ChevyTools menu... Didn't seem to make a difference... :(

9wire
10-20-2011, 09:29 PM
For no reason what so ever, I messed with the heap size, set it at 48, then started getting random freeze/reboots. Tried 32, same thing. Reset to 48, cleared dalvik and cache, so far so good. After a few reboots no more issues with themes or wallpapers.

mooler
10-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Just tried fixing permissions using the script in the ChevyTools menu... Didn't seem to make a difference... :(

I also tried the fix permissions script...no go. I am trying the Fix MMS script in ChevyTools menu. see if that works

vwbajakid
10-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Sent from my DROIDX using SSX 2.2

vwbajakid
10-20-2011, 10:37 PM
This rom works flawless. Plays game so smooth. I just love all of the shortcuts of miui.

Sent from my DROIDX using SSX 2.2

fezrock
10-21-2011, 06:40 AM
So I started from scratch this time. Had a couple battery pulls. But my WiFi is working now :) Had to reinstall a couple apps. But that's all. Doing fine again, even better!

Spirotot
10-21-2011, 09:40 AM
I also tried the fix permissions script...no go. I am trying the Fix MMS script in ChevyTools menu. see if that works

Wow, I didn't even notice that script in the list!

Ran it, rebooted... Whaddya know, it worked. Successfully sending MMS messages again! :)

1wired1
10-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Seems like 2.2 crashed and restarted in adw launcher and now most of my apps are missing and I can't figure out how to get back to the Sony launcher. Not sure if that will even bring back missing apps.

Any ideas?

Thanks
1w1

9wire
10-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Last night I was trying to get on my wifi and it just stuck with the 3g icon, but no data no matter what I did. Freeze and reboot every 15 minutes or so. Everything would lock up for about 2 minutes, then reboot. Very frustrating. Went back to Rev's nightlies, but want to give this a second chance.

autopsy
10-23-2011, 09:10 PM
I have been having alot of trouble with the wifi/3g connecting and the only solution to fix is to reboot my phone. So if I'm on wifi in my house and I leave and then 3g tries to connect I get page is unavailable no matter what page I go to then I have to restart my phone for it to work again. My wifi will just sit and under the wifi networks it tries to connect and will say disabled under the network. Same thing I have to restart my phone. Then the last issue I've been having is the Bluetooth connection to my car. It will randomly drop connection and reconnect. So if I'm playing music it stops..... then starts... same when I'm on a call it will drop the call to the handset then try and connect...

InsomNiaC
10-23-2011, 10:45 PM
yeah still having similar problems as well, ive tried to re-flash and SBF probably 8 times, all with the same results.

mooler
10-24-2011, 12:18 AM
Wow, I didn't even notice that script in the list!

Ran it, rebooted... Whaddya know, it worked. Successfully sending MMS messages again! :)

Glad it worked! Worked for me as well. :big smile:

bonehead189
10-24-2011, 12:46 AM
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but everytime I try taking a screenshot using the built in option of the ROM (power off screen) it tells me Error: unable to save screenshot: java. lang NullPointerException

Anyway to fix this? Thanks!

InsomNiaC
10-24-2011, 10:14 AM
i was starting to have screen wake issues as well. i found re-flashing ( i used the UN-themed version this time for ref.) corrected this issue. the Data connection & switching issue still remains however.

TwinkleFingers
10-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Speaking of screen wake issues, since being on 2.2, I keep hitting moments where the screen dims (as if it's about to turn off) but it doesn't turn off. It just sits there at half brightness and the only thing that wakes it up is hitting the back hard key.

And even with the screen timeout set to two minutes, the dim and hold will sometimes happen about five seconds after my last action.

Has anyone else run across this?

vwbajakid
10-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Speaking of screen wake issues, since being on 2.2, I keep hitting moments where the screen dims (as if it's about to turn off) but it doesn't turn off. It just sits there at half brightness and the only thing that wakes it up is hitting the back hard key.

And even with the screen timeout set to two minutes, the dim and hold will sometimes happen about five seconds after my last action.

Has anyone else run across this?

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/34879-light-sensor-values-information-miui-cm-people-youll-want-read.html This might help you out.

Sent from my DROID X on another new ROM.

R1nStang
10-25-2011, 11:54 AM

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, found a zip file and flashed it. still no luck getting swype to work. I can see it in languages and keyboards. I check it. leave the screen go back in and its unchecked again. with the flashabout zip file I can go into change input method on my texting app. chose swype but it wont even select it it just automatically reverts to stock.
any ideas?

milski65
10-25-2011, 11:59 AM
I've uninstalled, reinstalled, found a zip file and flashed it. still no luck getting swype to work. I can see it in languages and keyboards. I check it. leave the screen go back in and its unchecked again. with the flashabout zip file I can go into change input method on my texting app. chose swype but it wont even select it it just automatically reverts to stock.
any ideas?

This happened to me on 2.1. I froze all other keyboards in tibu to get it to work.

R1nStang
10-25-2011, 12:07 PM
This happened to me on 2.1. I froze all other keyboards in tibu to get it to work.

just tried that. froze android keyboard...still no luck....restarted phone. was finally able to choose swype. but now when i tap the texting box the keyboard never pops up..only the little "editing" drag icon

well just tried installing Swiftkey also...and no luck on it. its doing the same thing. I go into keyboards checkmark it. leave and it unchecks itself again.

milski65
10-25-2011, 01:31 PM
just tried that. froze android keyboard...still no luck....restarted phone. was finally able to choose swype. but now when i tap the texting box the keyboard never pops up..only the little "editing" drag icon

well just tried installing Swiftkey also...and no luck on it. its doing the same thing. I go into keyboards checkmark it. leave and it unchecks itself again.

Damn I was hoping that would do it. Cleared data/cache ect under manage applications? Or uninstall all keyboards except one you want?

Edit. Did you long press on texting box and choose input method?

R1nStang
10-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Damn I was hoping that would do it. Cleared data/cache ect under manage applications? Or uninstall all keyboards except one you want?

yup cleared data/cache restarted. still no luck. I got swiftkey to work...not sure how but i did. It actually took over being the stock keyboard. I had android keyboard selected and swiftkey would come up. unfortunately swiftkey was not what I thought it would be. its still and type each letter keyboard. love swype cause its much faster. I've tried copying the swype apk from data/app over to system/app with no luck. just force closes. uninstalled swype and swype installer with no luck. tried past versions of swype that people have themed with no luck.
I can checkmark swype in language/keyboard..but I have to check the box...and while still in that window reboot the phone for it to stay. but I still only get the swype "edit" cursor anytime I freeze the other keyboards so its just swype.
not too sure why swype was even taken out of the rom to begin with. love the ROM so far...but gotta have swype working If i stay on SS 2.2

yup long pressed the text box to change it....it wont even let me select another keyboard there. they show up but wont select. they highlight when I tap them..the window closes..but it reverts back to stock keyboard everytime

R1nStang
10-25-2011, 02:54 PM
I finally got SlideIt to work. still no luck with Swype...not sure what the issue with it is...but ill stick with slideit for now and see how it is

Carpetman
10-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Trouble getting mms working, put this Rom on both my wife and my DX and can't seem to get the mms working. Other than that absolutely no problems at all. Excellent ROM.

Sent from my DROIDX running SSX 2.2(main), Suji, Liquid, Vortex and MIUI.

Does it work all right on your wife ?LOL

NODEATH370
10-25-2011, 06:50 PM
I am getting annoying vibrations when I answer the phone, hang up the phone and randomly during the call. I have all the vibration settings turned off but it is still doing it. Any idea of how to change this, or anyone experience this too?

R1nStang
10-26-2011, 08:24 AM
came across another issue this morning. no data connection when im off WIFI. phone still shows a strong 3G signal but every website and browser says "no data connection"

leffer00
10-26-2011, 03:24 PM
I am getting annoying vibrations when I answer the phone, hang up the phone and randomly during the call. I have all the vibration settings turned off but it is still doing it. Any idea of how to change this, or anyone experience this too?

Check settings > call settings.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefec450-6c88-c769.jpg

-leffer

Sent from my DROIDX

Nemo aeternamn
10-26-2011, 03:32 PM

Ya... Same thing happens on other 2nd init rooms a well... To get around it... Wait toll the call connects... One or two seconds into it... Then put the phone up... And it shouldn't vibrate on the call

9wire
10-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Having a Bluetooth glitch where the phone will ring once and the Bluetooth will disconnect. Only happens a couple times a day though.

dr.feiny
10-27-2011, 08:20 PM
I got my other issues resolved, but the battery is still going down in chunks. I mean it will do 1% changes and then not change for a bit then drop a chunk.

i'm having the same market issues. could you please let me know how you resolved them?

thanks!

cw0974
10-28-2011, 04:33 AM
Is it just me or does the green led stay on when you're charging your phone?

Bkdodger
10-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Is it just me or does the green led stay on when you're charging your phone?

It's not just you ..it's on all 2init roms....hopefully a fix sometime soon ...

Sent from elGato's X..
thru tapatalk...

cw0974
10-28-2011, 02:58 PM
It's not just you ..it's on all 2init roms....hopefully a fix sometime soon ...

ah. didn't know that. thanks for clearing that up. I've been just leaving my phone upside down so the led is covered up when i sleep. don't really mind too much i guess.

mdowns989
10-29-2011, 11:29 AM
I also have the issue when switching from WiFi to 3G and back... disables data completely until I reboot... ALSO cannot send mms while connected to WiFi... it will work okay on 3G but nothing I've done makes it work on WiFi... mms script or anything... anyone figure this out yet?

InsomNiaC
10-29-2011, 12:07 PM
nope was an issue on 2.1 as well but to a lesser extent, on 2.2 it seems to have worked its way into the "mainstream". it doesn't seem to affect all phones though or most just don't notice it.. Chevy has some personal stuff going on so i don't think he will be able to add much support for mow but im sure eventually he will his support for his roms is top notch.

InsomNiaC
10-29-2011, 12:10 PM
re flash the rom. if that doesn't work then do a full wipe & re flash it.

slipvayne9278
11-01-2011, 07:17 AM
Its been awhile since i rooted, figured i stay with non root for awhile when the ota gingerbread came out, until i started having problems, i downloaded and installed SSX 2.2 and its absolutley beautiful, but alas the dealbreaker reared its ugly head, i get no service what so ever whether it be phone calls,messaging,market or internet on 3g, only on wifi can i do the stuff, 3g shows strong signal but cant do anything, until there is a fix im gonna have to go back to stock

towbiz
11-01-2011, 08:47 AM
I've never had any trouble with this rom try factory reset clear cache turn phone off hold down home and power till triangle appears then press both volume buttons same time the use volume to go to clear cache power to select then factory reset hope it helps

phantomworks
11-01-2011, 08:51 AM
I just noticed last night that my screen doesn't turn off all the way.

In a dark room, I could tell that the screen was on and the color was black (dimmer than the lowest settings) but very noticeable in a pitch black room. I checked it again this morning and could barely tell if it was still happening, but it is... I had to turn the phone off to double check what the screen looks like completely off.

I'd imagine that this affects battery life...

I came over from the newest apex, did a full data/cache/davik wipe and re installed apps through market, not backup.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? (it's barely noticable, you have to be in a very dark room to see that the screen is on)

milski65
11-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Last few days noticed a loss of 3g as well. This was after being in a building for a couple of hours then coming outside. At times doesn't reestablish 3g. Have to reboot phone. Also syncing issues with email are becoming apparent. Other than that, great battery, KILLER looks and customiztion.

phantomworks
11-03-2011, 10:32 AM
OK I figured it out..

I was using AdjBrightness and I had 'lock screen brightness' selected in the menu. That's what was keeping my screen on at a super low brightness level.

I just noticed last night that my screen doesn't turn off all the way.

In a dark room, I could tell that the screen was on and the color was black (dimmer than the lowest settings) but very noticeable in a pitch black room. I checked it again this morning and could barely tell if it was still happening, but it is... I had to turn the phone off to double check what the screen looks like completely off.

I'd imagine that this affects battery life...

I came over from the newest apex, did a full data/cache/davik wipe and re installed apps through market, not backup.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? (it's barely noticable, you have to be in a very dark room to see that the screen is on)

dr.feiny
11-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Last few days noticed a loss of 3g as well. This was after being in a building for a couple of hours then coming outside. At times doesn't reestablish 3g. Have to reboot phone. Also syncing issues with email are becoming apparent. Other than that, great battery, KILLER looks and customiztion.

it's funny, a few people here have mentioned email sync and data connectivity issues...i came from liberty 2.0.1, and i can't say that the email sync issues with ssx 2.2 are all that different! it might be an issue inherent with something else-especially where the market is concerned (something i initially had issues with). i think it's interesting to note that even androidpolice has made mention of data problems (concerning the market but possibly with any data app):
Tip: Is Your Android Market App Loading Slowly, Especially On Wi-Fi? Give This Fix A Try (http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/11/01/tip-is-your-android-market-app-loading-slowly-especially-on-wi-fi-give-this-fix-a-try/)

dr.feiny
11-03-2011, 11:33 AM
OK I figured it out..

I was using AdjBrightness and I had 'lock screen brightness' selected in the menu. That's what was keeping my screen on at a super low brightness level.

glad you figured this out. my DX doesn't have any issues-then again, i'm not using adjbrightness-but my nook color, on CM7, actually has this issue. i can hit the power button to turn off the screen all the way, so it's just a minor annoyance.

zman8
11-08-2011, 08:58 PM
it's funny, a few people here have mentioned email sync and data connectivity issues...i came from liberty 2.0.1, and i can't say that the email sync issues with ssx 2.2 are all that different! it might be an issue inherent with something else-especially where the market is concerned (something i initially had issues with). i think it's interesting to note that even androidpolice has made mention of data problems (concerning the market but possibly with any data app):
Tip: Is Your Android Market App Loading Slowly, Especially On Wi-Fi? Give This Fix A Try (http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/11/01/tip-is-your-android-market-app-loading-slowly-especially-on-wi-fi-give-this-fix-a-try/)

Yeah. The inability to get my exchange account syncing is a deal breaker for me (I need it for work).

Otherwise, I would LOVE to replace the motoblur with this Rom.

Is there a fix to the issues with exchange and email syncing? If not, is there a good Rom that has fixed these issue that you could recommend?

Thanks

Backwoods357
11-08-2011, 09:59 PM
I wiped data, cache and dalvik then I flashed the themed version over .602 and had nothing but issues, none of my settings would take, 3g didn't work, and email wouldn't stay configured. Last night I did a few battery pulls, downloaded unthemed via the phone's browser and installed it by running it from downloads. Everything started working, and the ringtone I selected yesterday went to the setting I selected. I went into settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > and rechecked the data enabled box. No idea why it suddenly came around.

EDIT: also I ran milestone overclock and it's running rock solid stable at 1.2 w/ stock-ish voltage, tomorrow I will see how far I can push the proc undervolted.

dr.feiny
11-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Yeah. The inability to get my exchange account syncing is a deal breaker for me (I need it for work).

Otherwise, I would LOVE to replace the motoblur with this Rom.

Is there a fix to the issues with exchange and email syncing? If not, is there a good Rom that has fixed these issue that you could recommend?

Thanks

maybe try the newest version of liquid? i liked 3.0 except for the camera not working, it is supposedly fixed now in 3.1.

bigb1114
11-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Not a bug but is there a way to turn off the LED when the phone is charging? I tried going into Tools and turn the LED off for usb, but that didn't work. Don't see a LED option for charging. Anyone able to help?

Nemo aeternamn
11-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Not a bug but is there a way to turn off the LED when the phone is charging? I tried going into Tools and turn the LED off for usb, but that didn't work. Don't see a LED option for charging. Anyone able to help?

No.... There's no fix... And this big is on all 2nd init roms in the ginger kernel

bigb1114
11-12-2011, 02:46 PM
That's unfortunate, but thanks for letting me know. Liking this ROM so far (besides that, but seems I couldn't get rid of it anyways).

tshing02
11-16-2011, 11:15 AM

New version of Swype is working fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tshing02
11-16-2011, 11:21 AM
No.... There's no fix... And this big is on all 2nd init roms in the ginger kernel

Bee glad when they get that fixed. It is a pain when using your docks at night

Nemo aeternamn
11-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Bee glad when they get that fixed. It is a pain when using your docks at night

It doesn't bother me...
But which of course my led is always on anyways whether it's charging or not

savagerun
11-16-2011, 03:59 PM
It doesn't bother me...
But which of course my led is always on anyways whether it's charging or not

Why? Just curious...

Nemo aeternamn
11-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Why? Just curious...

Why it doesn't bother me? My led is always on...
Why is it always on... A. Got use to it... 2. It makes it easier to check for notifications... If lights on... Nothing... If the light is off (because I'm not watching it to see if it blinks) there's something...
And because it's an led...out doesn't really use much pretty at all.. I wouldn't notice a difference in battery life if it's off... And because it's an led... It will out last the phone

savagerun
11-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Ok. I wasnt curious why it didn't bother you i was just wondering why it was always on. That would drive me nuts lol...

Nemo aeternamn
11-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Haha... To each their own savage

melfunn
11-16-2011, 07:40 PM
I have read the postings in this thread and there a few of you that have the problem of losing 3g(radio) connection. I too have this problem. Is there a solution for this? Only a reboot reconnects. Thanx

towbiz
11-16-2011, 08:13 PM
I think they toogled airplane mode to get it back

snowboardwcu
11-16-2011, 08:14 PM
too.many.pages.to.read.through.

recently 2.2 has been slowing down for me. cleared cache and all is well. however, i can't seem to activate wpa2 wifi anymore. who's keeping track of these issues and knows possible mitigation?

tshing02
11-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Yeah same here. Try driving at night with it in your car dock. The bright green light blows! As well as sleeping in your other dock.

zman8
11-18-2011, 05:43 AM
Anyone else having problems getting the mod settings to save?

tshing02
11-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Anyone else having problems getting the mod settings to save?

I had the same problem. Did some reading here. I increased my heap size to 48 and rebooted. No problems since. Also seems to help with the 3g wifi switching issue. Before that change I had to reboot to switch. After about 3 reboots and wiping dalvic cache I can now switch without problems.

Orasion
11-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Just flash this ROM tonight and can confirm you two things :
1. Wifi works
2. Exchange works

Will play with it for some time and see bugs I encounter

dr.feiny
11-23-2011, 07:45 PM
I had the same problem. Did some reading here. I increased my heap size to 48 and rebooted. No problems since. Also seems to help with the 3g wifi switching issue. Before that change I had to reboot to switch. After about 3 reboots and wiping dalvic cache I can now switch without problems.

amazingly, THIS WORKS! thanks! i was getting ready to jump ship!

dr.feiny
11-23-2011, 07:45 PM
does anyone have any trouble sending a video via MMS? yes, i am recording in MMS-sized resolution, and yes, i have applied the MMS fix script.

vwbajakid
11-23-2011, 08:10 PM
I had trouble sending pics with the unthemed version. Once I switched to the themed I could send the pics. Unsure of video though.

Sent from my DROIDX on another new ROM.

Talon66721
11-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Does anyone else notice it won't reboot into bootloader from the powerbutton menu. It just does a regular reboot for me, never bootloader.

dr.feiny
11-26-2011, 12:27 AM
here's another thing i noticed: the phone will ring once after a reboot and then i cannot get the ringtone to come on until another reboot. i have done the obvious, like check to make sure i have the phone in vibrate+ring, as well as the not so obvious, such as change my sound profile to ensure i have the volume on; nothing.

i like this rom, but there are so many niggling issues, i'm not sure anymore. has anyone found a fix for this?

bonehead189
11-26-2011, 11:37 PM
I just stumbled upon battery charging/reboot problems. Today I let my DX drain completely and upon plugging it into the wall charger it booted up as it should, then showed the lock screen (and battery at 5%) and allowed me to navigate the homescreens slightly before completely shutting off, then rebooting again. Anything wrong here? Is this normal? Or any ways to fix this? Thanks for any help, I'm new to the ROM game.

Nemo aeternamn
11-26-2011, 11:47 PM
I just stumbled upon battery charging/reboot problems. Today I let my DX drain completely and upon plugging it into the wall charger it booted up as it should, then showed the lock screen (and battery at 5%) and allowed me to navigate the homescreens slightly before completely shutting off, then rebooting again. Anything wrong here? Is this normal? Or any ways to fix this? Thanks for any help, I'm new to the ROM game.

doesn't sound like anything is wrong... just mainly that the battery was discharged pretty good... so just give it a few minutes after it boots up... let it do it's thing... and it'll slowly start charging...

Takarin
12-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Hello all. This is my first ROM Flash on Android. Great ROM so far. The only problem I had flashing was a boot loop, but a full wipe and factory reset fixed that.

The only issue I have in the ROM now is creating a new contact. Whenever I try to create a new contact, the app FCs. If I create the contact in Google, it syncs with the phone almost immediately... scary fast.

I would like to post the log info... but I cannot find the logcat app mention in the OP.

Thanks.

Chazdel
12-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Need help with SSX 2.2 ....I can't backup in rom manager... I have tried using droid x 2nd init and so on. I end up having to sbf and statrt all over. I can't get into recovery even from reboot menu on the rom. Do i need to use bootstrap for X or for the droid 2? I have done that also with droid2 bootstrap and locks like the rest and never boots up... then I sbf!!! any help would be fantastic

vwbajakid
12-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Sounds like you might have a bad ssx file. You should be able to get into recovery through holding power down> reboot> recovery.

Using bootstrap will make you bootloop. At least I think with all 2init roms.

Sent from my DROIDX on another new ROM.

Quinlan
12-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Anyone had issues with the phone? This rom was perfect for me up until yesterday. Now I keep getting "com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then I have to force close.

Ran fix permissions through Chevy scripts, no change.
Ran fix permissions through rom manager, no change.
Factory reset, no change.
Sbf back to .602, then root... phone works fine.
Use bootstrap recovery, wipe data /cache/dalvik... reflash ssx 2.2..... phone force closes just as before. On boot, and any time I attempt to use it.
Flashed a nandroid of senseimod, and it's working on there too, just like it did on stock rooted. Not surprisingly so, since it's got a blur base.

Any thoughts?

I have been running ss since my og droid, and ssx since I got the DX. Really love chevys roms. Wish I could figure this out :-/

*customized tapatalk signature*

Chazdel
12-10-2011, 06:54 AM
Anyone had issues with the phone? This rom was perfect for me up until yesterday. Now I keep getting "com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Then I have to force close.

Ran fix permissions through Chevy scripts, no change.
Ran fix permissions through rom manager, no change.
Factory reset, no change.
Sbf back to .602, then root... phone works fine.
Use bootstrap recovery, wipe data /cache/dalvik... reflash ssx 2.2..... phone force closes just as before. On boot, and any time I attempt to use it.
Flashed a nandroid of senseimod, and it's working on there too, just like it did on stock rooted. Not surprisingly so, since it's got a blur base.

Any thoughts?

I have been running ss since my og droid, and ssx since I got the DX. Really love chevys roms. Wish I could figure this out :-/

*customized tapatalk signature*I have never had that happen but Ican only suggest that you try sbf back to .340 then go to .602 and then go to SSX . I too have been running his roms for a very long time and love them, way back from og also. I've only had a recovery problem and that was no fault of the rom. Found that fix and I posted that on this site. Hope all goes well

Quinlan
12-10-2011, 09:50 AM
I have never had that happen but Ican only suggest that you try sbf back to .340 then go to .602 and then go to SSX . I too have been running his roms for a very long time and love them, way back from og also. I've only had a recovery problem and that was no fault of the rom. Found that fix and I posted that on this site. Hope all goes well

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

I tried looking at the logcat to see if I could figure out what was causing it. Failed to connect to the RDS socket?

I think I'm going to reflash and try again. I've got a dl of cm7.1 I'm going to try out to see if the error persists with that... since ssx is cm based.

Haven't seen Chevy on twitter or anywhere lately, or I'd just ask him to have a look at the logcat for me.

If I run cm7.1 without the error, I'll probably just stay on that until the Galaxy Nexus is FINALLY released.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

frostyicy
12-10-2011, 11:49 AM
I have a camcorder issue with this rom. I record a video portrait style (vertical) yet when I play the video it plays as if I recorded it in landscape style (horizontal) even tho I'm playin it back holding my camera vertical.

For instance I'm recording my little cousin dancing camera vertical like portrait, but when I play it back while my phone is vertical it plays it in landscape.

It's like everything has been re adjusted by 90 degrees. If the head was at the top and the feet were at the bottom when I recorded. Playback the head is now at the left and the feet are to the right when viewing with my camera vertical. So during playback every is essentially sideways.

Anyone know what the problem is or how it can be fixed????

flashhsalf
12-14-2011, 02:40 PM

Giving this a try for the wifi/3g issue. hopefully it'll fix it.

Last night I got lost and needed to find my location, but I accidently left wifi on and when i turned it off, no data on 3g. so I had to pull over and reset the phone. For some odd reason the GPS wouldn't turn on either, until I had reset the phone.

I could overlook the camera or market issues, but basic 3g/wifi/Gps issues need to be resolved.

Now I can't seem to download any app from the market when I'm on Wifi?!? When I switch over to 3G, the download starts just fine. weird!

flashhsalf
12-14-2011, 03:22 PM
I am curious whether the 3G connection gets turned off when the phone is in standby (screen is off)? I don't think it does, but if doesn't kill the 3g connection to save battery, is there an app which will let you manage the data per app installed on your system?

Chazdel
12-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Does anyone else notice it won't reboot into bootloader from the powerbutton menu. It just does a regular reboot for me, never bootloader.

Did you get that fixed...if not I have the fix:
Symptoms: After upgrading Rom Manager, or after a fresh Gingerbread SBF, you can't boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
Reason: Rom Manager executes a script containing this code:
dd if=/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-shadow.zip of=/preinstall/recovery/recovery.zip
It wants to convert and copy the new CWM Recovery package to your /preinstall/recovery/ folder. It always did this before, but the filesize of the new recovery has changed. This requires a certain amount of room... room you might not have given the new size, and given the fact that the Gingerbread SBF and All-in-One packages will put junk into your preinstall folder (if you're like Iceman0803, you're about .01mb shy of having enough room).
Solution:
1) Using root explorer, go to /preinstall/app/ and delete any apks you don't use (NFSShift is a great one to delete, its huge)
2) Reflash Clockworkmod Recovery in ROM Manager.

Now you can reboot to CWM Recovery through Rom Manager. Enjoy.

MikeSpears
12-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Wireless - Unable to grab a DHCP IP Address, Static IP works perfect.

Talon66721
12-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Hoping someone will see this, since it's been a few days since a post on here. Anyway, I've lost data connection several times today. Not sure why. I have my wifi set to never sleep. Been home all day. Tried turning wifi off and still nothing. It takes a battery pull, sometimes 2-3, to get it back. Has anyone else had this issue on here, or have any suggestions for me to try? If this keeps up and I can't get it resolved, I'll have to jump this ship, too. Don't want to, because it's great otherwise. Also, I did this on a fresh install after sbf. Thanks.

Talon66721
12-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Did you get that fixed...if not I have the fix:
Symptoms: After upgrading Rom Manager, or after a fresh Gingerbread SBF, you can't boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.
Reason: Rom Manager executes a script containing this code:
dd if=/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-shadow.zip of=/preinstall/recovery/recovery.zip
It wants to convert and copy the new CWM Recovery package to your /preinstall/recovery/ folder. It always did this before, but the filesize of the new recovery has changed. This requires a certain amount of room... room you might not have given the new size, and given the fact that the Gingerbread SBF and All-in-One packages will put junk into your preinstall folder (if you're like Iceman0803, you're about .01mb shy of having enough room).
Solution:
1) Using root explorer, go to /preinstall/app/ and delete any apks you don't use (NFSShift is a great one to delete, its huge)
2) Reflash Clockworkmod Recovery in ROM Manager.

Now you can reboot to CWM Recovery through Rom Manager. Enjoy.

I skipped out for awhile, since I came back, I've had no issue with that. Still, very good to know for future reference! Thank you!

Quinlan
12-19-2011, 06:52 AM
I resolved all of my issues by using my Galaxy Nexus instead of my DX. Good fix.

Kidding aside, my issue seemed to be 2nd-init related. Had the same issue with the phone error when I flashed CM7. No issues with any of the standard ROMs I flashed.

I'll continue to follow this thread though. I passed my DX on to my girlfriend, and would love to hook her up with SSX. Apart from this one weird issue suddenly, it's by far the best ROM imo.

Talon66721
12-19-2011, 09:07 AM
I resolved all of my issues by using my Galaxy Nexus instead of my DX. Good fix.

Kidding aside, my issue seemed to be 2nd-init related. Had the same issue with the phone error when I flashed CM7. No issues with any of the standard ROMs I flashed.

I'll continue to follow this thread though. I passed my DX on to my girlfriend, and would love to hook her up with SSX. Apart from this one weird issue suddenly, it's by far the best ROM imo.

You're so not funny! I'm not due up for an upgrade until April. Just saw another thread, how's the radio on it compare to the X?

I wiped Dalvik and just reflashed SSX last night and still have data this morning, so I'm hopeful that it's fixed now. No issues so far. Otherwise, great rom, I'd say flash it for her if you want.

Quinlan
12-19-2011, 10:17 AM
You're so not funny! I'm not due up for an upgrade until April. Just saw another thread, how's the radio on it compare to the X?

I wiped Dalvik and just reflashed SSX last night and still have data this morning, so I'm hopeful that it's fixed now. No issues so far. Otherwise, great rom, I'd say flash it for her if you want.

I haven't had any issues with data dropping on it. Only the phone not working... even after multiple SBFs and fresh installs. Really peculiar.

As for the Nexus, some are reporting weak signals and whatnot, but I haven't experienced that at all. My signal is on par with my DX. 4G is just sick.... even with only one bar, I get 9mbps down. And ICS is amazing.

Good times.

Talon66721
12-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Well, ran out for a few. Lost data again. Another battery pull. One more time and I'll try something else, I guess. Really wish I could figure out why I keep losing it!

Talon66721
12-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Wtf!? I have a connection for dxforums app, but not for craiglist app or stock browser even now. On to another rom, I guess.

elidog
01-02-2012, 03:21 PM
I haven't run ito any bugs but then I run miui most of the time.

icedice34
01-05-2012, 11:28 AM
I have problems switching my wifi on and off. I've tried reading through this, but I don't see a fix. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Chazdel
01-06-2012, 08:38 AM
I have problems switching my wifi on and off. I've tried reading through this, but I don't see a fix. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I am not sure what you mean....what have you tried...did you pull down the curtain and touch the wifi...did that not turn it on or off?

Chunkerz
01-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I had my battery drop from 90% to 57% in about 13 hours. At about midnight I turned off WiFi, 3G, background data, and set my phone aside. After that I went to bed and didn't touch my phone. This afternoon I went to check my phone and the battery is almost half way dead :shocked: I don't know what it could have been doing all night? Usually the most I've had my battery drop on other ROM's with the phone sitting is 5-10% at most. Anyone else experiencing this? I know the battery dropping in chunks is an issue others have experienced (I have that problem, too), but dropping 33% while just idling is kind of crazy....