PDA

View Full Version : VorteX Bluetooth media connection

pmbasehore
10-17-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm running VorteX 2.8. I was able to connect my phone to the Bluetooth in my car for phone calls, however it refuses to connect to the stereo system for media. I often listen to Pandora in the car, and when I was on stock it connected just fine.

Has any one else had a similar issue? It seems odd to me that it would connect for the purpose of voice calls, but not as a Bluetooth audio device.

This is not a major quibble--I still enjoy VorteX greatly, and I can find a way around the Bluetooth if I have to. I was just curious if there's something silly I've missed or if this should be a bug report.

Thanks!

as_daylight_dies
10-18-2011, 12:47 AM
Mine connects to sync in my friends explorer with no problem on miui and vortex but I couldn't connect to my friends jeep bt system with either rom. Didn't try stock.

Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.9.23

cmospyder
10-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Mine won't work on any rom on the gb kernel. It will pair up and you can send and receive calls and hear the party you are connected to but they cannot hear you. It works perfectly on the froyo kernel. It is a known problem with Nissan vehicles.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

pmbasehore
10-19-2011, 07:56 AM
I don't have a Nissan--I have an Acura. Like I said, it's not a huge deal if the music bit doesn't connect since the phone works perfectly, I was just curious if anyone found a way to fix it.

as_daylight_dies
10-20-2011, 03:00 AM
Probably won't work, but just in case you should book your sound settings and your bluetooth settings and see if there is an option to enable bluetooth media audio

Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.10.7

pmbasehore
10-20-2011, 07:38 AM
No, no obvious settings in either Sound or Bluetooth.

I do have "Car Bluetooth Audio" turned on in Pandora, though.

dbrock1980
10-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Happens to me. Been testing it here and there cause I use a dock. I usually turn on phones bluetooth first then start the car and usually connects phone/audio. If it doesn't o just unpair then repair and connect and works fine

esquire
11-01-2011, 03:25 PM
I use a Motorola roadster in my car cause my stereo doesn't have Bluetooth. My phone and the FM transmitter connect fine via bt.
However after about 10 minutes my phone will go black and suddenly come back on at the splash screen. It reboots. No idea why. Anyone else?
Yes, I hijacked. But no ones has responded in almost 10 days, so I figure its public domain. Muahaha!