PDA

View Full Version : Vortex vs ICX

csk415
10-15-2011, 12:57 PM
For the ones who have tried both roms, which one did you like the most? I know ICX launcher is not working 100%. I have adw ex so that won't be a problem. You can just post the rom name if you want but I would like to read your pros/cons.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Carnyewest2
10-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Vortex. Its not even close.

kennyfool
10-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Vortex seems to have better battery life but the market isn't working for me. ICX is a cool concept but its still buggy.

cougmeister
10-15-2011, 01:27 PM
I haven't tried out vortex yet, but I know ICX is very fast and smooth. I use adw most of the time as well and that is the best it has ever worked for me.

rickw
10-15-2011, 01:28 PM
go to manage apps,clear data in market,should be good to go,also make sure you have unknown sources checked

ajordan
10-15-2011, 02:07 PM
VorteX has been a good rom. I do like the blur features. Do you get that on the ICX rom?

sent from my powerboosted VorteXed DX

snoop5
10-15-2011, 09:04 PM
For me hands down vortex icx had a lot of bugs at least for me anyway and now vortex 2.8 is smooth with no problems and great battery

cmospyder
10-16-2011, 04:15 AM
Vortex 2.8 gets my vote. ICX is good but not as polished as Vortex. I am running Vortex 2.8 with Wulf's Blue River theme (not missing bluebread as much now) , using Launcher Pro (paid for it gonna use it) and after 30 hours of minimal use (college football yesterday) I get up and still have 80 % left on the battery.

snoop5
10-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Great battery

snoop5
10-16-2011, 08:19 AM
That's 22 hours and 9 minutes. Not sure why its blurry with 20% left

Droid316
10-16-2011, 09:08 AM
VORTEX hands down..

corki2
10-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Another Vortex vote. Everything works on Vortex. The main plus for me is that the developer is still looking for ways to improve what is already a great ROM. After months of flashing this or that (there aren't many I haven't flashed), Vortex is the best for me.

savagerun
10-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Without a doubt VorteX. The developer DevorteX is very active in answering questions and there has been plenty of updates and obviously more to come since he seems to be right on top of things. The ICX rom came out 2 or maybe 3 weeks ago and at this point seems to be abandoned (im hoping this isn't the case) it definitely has the potential of being a nice rom. The biggest attraction is the ice cream sandwich launcher but that has issues but it's hard to have hope when questions go unanswered. So for now without a second thought Vortex is superior over icx. Everything works on the rom very well and battery life is second to none.

csk415
10-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Vortex it is. Gonna charge up and flash it. Thanks for the replies.

Burncycle
10-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Without a doubt VorteX. The developer DevorteX is very active in answering questions and there has been plenty of updates and obviously more to come since he seems to be right on top of things. The ICX rom came out 2 or maybe 3 weeks ago and at this point seems to be abandoned (im hoping this isn't the case) it definitely has the potential of being a nice rom. The biggest attraction is the ice cream sandwich launcher but that has issues but it's hard to have hope when questions go unanswered. So for now without a second thought Vortex is superior over icx. Everything works on the rom very well and battery life is second to none.

Seems to be the case with all of his roms unfortunately. Ssm, shuji, and icx.

justifi
10-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Seems to be the case with all of his roms unfortunately. Ssm, shuji, and icx.

Yup, he's never answered any of my questions and rarely does he respond to posters questions in the forums. You also have to tip toe around issues with his rom. I've witnessed him going off in a couple of the forums and tweets because he took the criticism as an insult.

The Vortex developer and the Apex developer will listen, take improvement request under consideration, and respond to their users frequently. Obviously, they can't respond to everything or they wouldn't get anything done.

Burncycle
10-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Oh well. It's not like they are ground breaking anyway. I'm glad we do have so many other great devs though. Dxc, chevyno1, rev, Fab and so on.

jkelley74
10-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Vortex is a beast

csk415
10-16-2011, 01:18 PM
From what I have read I don't think ICX will get improved until the issues with the launcher are worked out. When the launcher works 100% then it will complete ICX. The ICS launcher is nice and would be a good addition to any rom.

savagerun
10-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Yes the ics launcher is the icing on the cake and its uniqueness is what separates it from other roms but if doesn't get fixed what good is it. The launcher is Obviously very cool and different than what we're all used to.

mapatton82
10-17-2011, 06:19 AM
IMO VorteX is better. I normally do not like Blurry ROMs but I have to say the performance and the stability of this ROM is awesome and that fact that the dev added the notification toggles in version 2.8 make it one of my tops ROMs. ICX is ok but the ICS launcher is buggy and I had other FC's on some apps. Go with VorteX you will not be disappointed!!

AmerikanGulag
10-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Tried both. ICX is cool, but has issues and is a bit laggy. Vortex just works. Everything the phone came with, everything works, and its fast! I changed SetCPU to "ondemand" scaling from "interactive", have it set to clock down to 300Mhz with screen off, froze everything I wasnt using, V6 Supercharger, 2 days of minimal use, 20% left.

I would like more themes for Vortex. that's my only complaint. Ginger Juiced is nice, but the "River" themes don't look so great, however, I have not actually flashed them, maybe I should.

Optykall
10-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Tried both. ICX is cool, but has issues and is a bit laggy. Vortex just works. Everything the phone came with, everything works, and its fast! I changed SetCPU to "ondemand" scaling from "interactive", have it set to clock down to 300Mhz with screen off, froze everything I wasnt using, V6 Supercharger, 2 days of minimal use, 20% left.

I would like more themes for Vortex. that's my only complaint. Ginger Juiced is nice, but the "River" themes don't look so great, however, I have not actually flashed them, maybe I should.

I like the river theme I'm using. I actually found a few things to offset some of the orange with a vibrant blue (Namely, a flaming skull) and it looks fairly nice. Pretty standard generic but it'd do til something sexy rolls out.