PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get to clockworkmod Recovery after APEX RC3 AIO

fredevad
10-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Hello!

I have a Droid X and have been using APEX 1.4 (.340) since May. Yesterday, I decided to move forward with updating to APEX 2.0 GB using the AIO install.

The AIO install to RC3 went smoothly, following the directions to FORMAT (not wipe) and MOUNT SYSTEM.

However, when I went to install RC4, I could not get into the clockwork mod recovery using Droid X Bootloader. I'm also not able to get into the stock bootloader (Power + Home buttons). I can get to the programming screen (white text on black background). I then loaded ROM Manager, flashed ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.0 and was able to boot into Recovery (once) to get RC4 installed. Now I'm back to the same problem and Reboot into Recovery no longer works. Also, when I try to Backup current ROM, the phone just reboots normal.

I've searched the forums and only found a few posts in the main RC4 thread where someone was having a similar issue (that's where I got the ROM Manager idea from), but I'm back to the same problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

fnmetal
10-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Hello!I have a Droid X and have been using APEX 1.4 (.340) since May. Yesterday, I decided to move forward with updating to APEX 2.0 GB using the AIO install.The AIO install to RC3 went smoothly, following the directions to FORMAT (not wipe) and MOUNT SYSTEM.However, when I went to install RC4, I could not get into the clockwork mod recovery using Droid X Bootloader. I'm also not able to get into the stock bootloader (Power + Home buttons). I can get to the programming screen (white text on black background). I then loaded ROM Manager, flashed ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.0 and was able to boot into Recovery (once) to get RC4 installed. Now I'm back to the same problem and Reboot into Recovery no longer works. Also, when I try to Backup current ROM, the phone just reboots normal.I've searched the forums and only found a few posts in the main RC4 thread where someone was having a similar issue (that's where I got the ROM Manager idea from), but I'm back to the same problem.Any ideas?Thanks!You should be using droid2 bootstrap to get into clockwork recovery from apex rc4 .. if you use droidx bootstrap I think USB debugging has to be unchecked in applications>development under settings.. if you can't get to stock recovery, something most likely went wrong w/ the AIO, I would try to sbf, 1click root, then flash rc4 again w/ d2 bootstrap.

Nemo aeternamn
10-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Ya.. Rom manager isn't able to hijack the recovery... You can use boot strap to hijack... Then you can flash the latest recovery using rom manager...
And from my experience... That's one of the downfalls of of the aio... It breaks the factory recovery... Let me guess you're phone just reboots? To fix that you'll have to sbf... Then reinstall rc4... Non aio... And you'll be all set

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

savagerun
10-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Yes like fnmetal said its better to use d2 bootstrap now that your on gingerbread but dx bootstrap will work with usb debugging unchecked. And also now that your on gingerbread getting into stock recovery is different than on froyo. For gingerbread press home and power buttons down for about 5 seconds then at the triangle screen press both volume buttons and use volume buttons to scroll and power button to select.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

savagerun
10-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Deleted
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums[/QUOTE]

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fredevad
10-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks everyone - I'm in clockworkmod Recovery. I'm not concerned about the stock Recovery right now - I've never used it.

For forum reference, here's step by step what I did to make it work:

1. Uncheck USB debugging.
2. In Droid X Bootstrapper, click "Bootstrap Recovery", exit Droid X Bootstrapper.
3. In ROM Manager, click "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery", select "Motorola Droid X" as phone model.
4. Click "Reboot into Recovery"
Phone boots, shows Google logo, ClockworkMod Recovery appears.

Note: I only had to do steps 1-3 once, after that, "Reboot into Recovery" in ROM Manager works as expected.