PDA

View Full Version : Liberty or CM7?

pmbasehore
10-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Now that Cyanogenmod 7.1 is stable, I was hoping some of you fellow DXers would give me some feedback comparing it to Liberty.

Does Liberty work better than CM7, or are they pretty much equally stable?
Does one ROM have any distinguishing features that would make me want to choose it over the other?

Any advice you guys could give will be greatly appreciated. I especially would like real-world comparisons of the two ROMs, if possible.

Thanks!

Nemo aeternamn
10-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Battery life on cm7 isn't as good... But the customization is incredible and easy... And they are both extremely stabile

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

pmbasehore
10-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Hmm...battery life is important to me. How does liberty compare to stock for battery?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
10-13-2011, 09:59 PM
haha... i can't help much there..haha.. i haven't been stock since...(looking up when i made stock froyo back up) ... the july second..haha... My first time i flashed a rom : )

but liberty get's great battery life... better then stock...

and there also putting out test builds... and getting ready to update... don't know an eta... and liberty 2 will be based off of 602/605...

as_daylight_dies
10-14-2011, 05:02 AM
Liberty 2 is going to be CM7 based from what I understand, which means liberty v0.9 will get better battery. If battery is what u care about, go with Shuji or Vortex. If customization is what u care about, go with CM7 or MIUI. Unfortunatly there is still not 1 single ROM that does it all. Also keep in mind that if u go with a CM7 based ROM (miui, liquid, justice) ur hdmi will not work.

Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.10.7

pmbasehore
10-14-2011, 06:51 AM
It sounds like CM7 may be my best bet, then--especially if other ROMS are starting to use it as a base. How hard is it to install blurry apps on CM7? (Really, I'm only concerned about the camera. I don't really care about HDMI, I don't use it now anyway.

macpro88
10-14-2011, 09:21 PM
I believe the newest liberty will be based on .605 is what I am understanding from kejars tweets. Therefore the battery life will be phenomenonal and defiantly better than any 2nd-INIT Rom

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

popcenator
10-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Liberty test builds were good. Recovery, reboot, and screenshot in the power button. It was pretty smooth and snappy.

on the move..

as_daylight_dies
10-15-2011, 05:14 AM
It sounds like CM7 may be my best bet, then--especially if other ROMS are starting to use it as a base. How hard is it to install blurry apps on CM7? (Really, I'm only concerned about the camera. I don't really care about HDMI, I don't use it now anyway.

U can't use any blur components on CM7, including the camera

Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.9.23

macpro88
10-15-2011, 10:31 AM
U can't use any blur components on CM7, including the camera

Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.9.23

+1, CM7 and others based off CM7 use pure AOSP, no trace of Blur elements, and thus no Blur apps will ever work.