PDA

View Full Version : Universal battery-powered charger

DroidXSkywalker
10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows a good battery-powered charger that will work with the Droid X and iPod touch. I have looked on Amazon and ebay, but the ones I've found are not rated good. I need one that takes either rechargeable AAA's or AA's, as I have those kind of batteries. It can be difficult to charge my X if I'm somewhere that I can't plug it into, so I need one of these. Also the ones I've found online so far are mostly solar powered, which we don't have alot of sun here in the winter, as England gets cold winters. Also I saw ones with lith-ion batteries, but I don't want those kind either because you have to plug them in all the time. Also the universal ones I found only sell the adapters I need separately, which I need both micro USB and iPod adapters. Thanks,
DXS

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

dennyjones
10-12-2011, 06:48 PM
I realize what I'm suggesting isn't what you think you want but...I purchased the Duracell portable battery charger from Amazon.

Amazon.com: Duracell - Powerhouse Charger, Universal Cable w/USB & Mini-USB: Office Products (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E2MK3A)

I love it. It works well enough to charge the phone twice from almost empty. I use Golflogix and my extended battery will almost give me an entire round. With this, I can play 27 with 1/2 charge left on the phone and the battery charger. It comes with two cables, one to charge via USB and another to charge your phone via a mini-usb.