PDA

View Full Version : Liquid 3.0 Battery test

IPhoneKillerDX
10-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Hello all. Yesterday I conducted my own test with trying to get the most out of my battery while running Liquid 3.0. I have the original DX with stock battery, and before I conducted the test, I calibrated my battery. After I calibrated my battery, I had it charged to 100% and took it off the charger, and booted up the DX.

What I did was an extreme test, in which I had my phone basically set to just make/receive phone calls, and make/receive text messages. During the test, what I did was I turned off all of the extra features with this Rom including:
JIT
Surface Dithering
Alpha Transparency
Purge Assets
Along with turning these options off, which can be found in Liquid Settings->Performance, I had my screen dimmed all the way dark, had a regular background instead of a live one, and I also turned my data off. The screen was off for most of the test, other than the 82 total text messages and one 2 minute 8 second phone call made.

I still had my window and transition animations set to fast, but I hardly used my phone to do anything, so I left that option to what it was. I thought I was going to get great results with all of these features turned off, but I wasn't as impressed as I thought I was going to be. My overclock settings were set at 300 minimum and 300 maximum.

The total battery life I got out of this was 11hrs and 51 minutes, just shy of the 12 hour mark. I'm not sure if anyone else has done a test like this, and even if you haven't pitch in and tell me and the rest of us how your battery life has been with this rom. I've seen a lot of mixed results, some people are complaining about the battery life, and others are indifferent and say that it isn't really that bad. I have in depth numbers for battery % and time from 100%-> 80 % and from 100% to 80% it took only 4 hours and 36 minutes.

I was going to do another test, with the opposite extreme with heavy usage with data, calls and texts, along with GPS, pretty much what we would all use our DX's for. This test was basically a test for if someone was at work, or somewhere where they couldn't use their phone heavily. It's safe to say that this phone would last all day for most jobs, as long as you aren't talking or texting too much while at work or school.

Needless to say, there are other roms out there with a lot better battery life.

Also, I didn't have notifications set up (Ringtones, Vibrate) All I used was the LED light to let me know when there was a text or a call.

OmidoStyle
10-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Wow, I'm on day 3 and I have experienced the complete opposite, 12+ hours in with moderate use, and my battery is at 40% currently. I have setcpu profiles for a 300/300 setting when the screen is locked, and everything normal other then that. Nothing disabled in the rom or anything, made atleast 45+ minutes of calls today, and sent/received atleast 100 texts.

screenshot:

Nemo aeternamn
10-12-2011, 11:48 PM
hmm... interesting... i have my phone set to how i like it.. undervolted clocked at 300-1000 was on the forums alot... i.m.ed... a short phone call....and i made it about twelve hours... atleast with me... the batttery life is alright(for me) but not great or bad.. it's just.. good enough...

IPhoneKillerDX
10-13-2011, 02:04 AM
That's really odd. Like I said, I barely used my phone. I didn't even do on the internet with it. and I didn't make it 12 hours. Anyone know what the problem could be? This isn't making any sense at all.