PDA

View Full Version : Hung on logo after nanodroid recovery

spankthatbass
10-11-2011, 09:56 PM
After doing a recovery, now it's stuck on the motorola log. Any help?

popcenator
10-11-2011, 09:59 PM
What were you on and what were you trying to restore?

on the move..

spankthatbass
10-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Droid X.. Was on the latest Gingerbread and was rooted. Tried the nightly CM7 (after doing a full backup using droid2bootstrap).. CM7 didnt work, so I loaded stock 2.2.340, re-rooted and done a restore using d2bootsrap. Now I'm just sitting on the motorola logo.

popcenator
10-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Unless you were trying to restore CM7 GB then you have to SBF. Since the official CM7 nightlies are on the Froyo kernel you cannot restore since you're on Gingerbread.

on the move..

Nemo aeternamn
10-11-2011, 10:24 PM
like pop said... you can switch as long as the have the same kernel... so... froyo stays with froyo... and ginger stays with ginger... and i'm not sure which nightly you installed... but it sounds like it was the official nightly from their mirrior netwok... and 2.2.340 if froyo is well...

so sadly.. it sounls like you'll need to sbf

spankthatbass
10-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Ok.. I thought doing a restore would restore the old image and all. I'm new to this (as u can see). So basically I would need to sbf to ginger then do the restore is what I'm hearing? Or go to ginger and just manually rebuild my phone and take it as a lesson learned? :-) And btw, thx!!!!

Nemo aeternamn
10-11-2011, 11:52 PM
you have it right the first time... sbf to ginger... root and install the back up made...

as_daylight_dies
10-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Ok.. I thought doing a restore would restore the old image and all. I'm new to this (as u can see). So basically I would need to sbf to ginger then do the restore is what I'm hearing? Or go to ginger and just manually rebuild my phone and take it as a lesson learned? :-) And btw, thx!!!!

The nandroid actually does take a full image. The reason why we can't restore backups from different kernals is because the droid x bootloader is still locked. No1 has figured out how to unlock it yet. So the only way currently to change kernals is to use a moto update. Restoring backups with different kernals on other devices with hacked bootloaders works from what I understand

Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.9.23

spankthatbass
10-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Aahh! Well, I'm back up and working now thanks to all of your help!!!! Thanks

Nemo aeternamn
10-12-2011, 01:15 AM
nice... good to hear all is zen!!!