PDA

View Full Version : Updated from .602 to .605 and have questions

nightrider
10-11-2011, 02:15 AM
I was running ota .602 with D3 Easy Root and a buddy brought me a prerooted .605 update and it installed without any problems. So now I am working on making it look better and I was looking for a mod or something to change the battery icon with. I found a few mods but they only work with certain ROM's. After some looking around I find the zip that I used to update to .605 and it is named Deodexed605-ROM.zip. So after some re-reading again I know the difference in the odexed and deodexed but how can I tell what ROM it is that was installed. I have looked through the zip file and cant seem to find anything that would give me a hint as to what it would be either.

Thanks in advance

Leach19m
10-11-2011, 02:18 AM
Use a root explorer app and navigate to system/app

If you see an app followed by an odex like below, you are not deodexed

blockbuster.apk
blockbuster.odex

If you don't see that, you are deodexed

nightrider
10-11-2011, 02:26 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! I used root explorer to look for it and they all have .apk none have .odex so I am deodexed. Any ideas how to tell what rom it installed?

Leach19m
10-11-2011, 02:31 AM
That is correct.

The pre-rooted 605 zip you installed doesn't install a ROM. The purpose of the pre-rooted zip you installed was to get you to a rooted, deodexed 605 base. From there you could flash themes (if any exist for stock 605) or flash a ROM built for 605 or 602 (check the individual ROM's instructions for compatibility). However, the way to check would be to (from the homescreen) push the hard menu key, settings, about phone, then scroll to the bottom of the list. Most ROMs will insert a line in there stating which ROM/version you are on.

nightrider
10-11-2011, 02:35 AM
After some more looking around I found where the zip was from. It was mobile_sensei's Stock-Rooted-Deodexed 4.5.605 from rootzwiki. So I found out that it is stock now on to looking for something to change the battery icon with.

Thanks for your help leach

Leach19m
10-11-2011, 02:37 AM
NP! You can use Metamorph or Ninjamorph to fairly easily change the battery icons. Metamorph uses pre-made zips containing an XML that tells the program what to do with the images contained within it to apply the images automatically. Or, you could use ninjamorph to go in and change out the images individually on your own.

nightrider
10-11-2011, 03:09 AM
I just installed Metamorph and found some icons and will be trying it later today after a little sleep. And again I appreciate all the help. If it hadn't have been for the great guides on here I would never have figured out how to root my phone in the first place and the help is always great.

h8isgr8
10-13-2011, 12:05 AM
I use this AOSP Gingerbread theme (with battery percentage) and love it....

[THEME] AOSP GB theme for Stock DX .596 (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-themes/7959-theme-aosp-gb-theme-stock-dx-596-a.html)

Just install it over what you have right now and you are good to go.