PDA

View Full Version : New phone, now in gingerbread.

IceAzures
10-09-2011, 05:54 PM
After a recent event with my old DX running CM7 on Froyo i ended up having to get a new phone. (luckily with my replacement plan)

It was fun playing around with froyo ROM's but now i want to try them around with gingerbread. I'm currently rooted on stock .605 and was wondering if I would have to sbf back to froyo to get GB ROM's, or can I be on any version of GB (.596 .602 .605) and play with custom ROM's?

Leach19m
10-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Most are written for 602, but you dont have to sbf to 340; you can sbf to 602 using the droid x sbf link in my signature

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

savagerun
10-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Most are written for 602, but you dont have to sbf to 340; you can sbf to 602 using the droid x sbf link in my signature

Hey Leach just curious because the op said he is on rooted 605 now so wouldn't he be able to install any 602 or 605 roms as he is now? Im not sure why he would need to sbf 602. Maybe im missing something?
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Leach19m
10-09-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm not 100% sure, he'd need to read through the individual Rom instructions to see if it would work. I've seen it said that 605 actually has a different kernel, so it may not work

savagerun
10-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Ok. Because ive been noticing people flashing 602 roms on 605 and also the other way around. Haven't heard yet where it hasn't worked that's why i was asking. For example the ICX rom the directions say you must be on 605 to flash it but i know for sure you can flash it on 602. Just thought i was missing something. I guess he could try to install the rom then if for some reason it didn't work he could sbf.

IceAzures
10-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Okay ill try to the .605 for now, and if worse comes to worse (bricking) ill just sbf back to .602 and give that another shot.

savagerun
10-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Okay ill try to the .605 for now, and if worse comes to worse (bricking) ill just sbf back to .602 and give that another shot.

Good idea. Let us know how things work out or if you need help with anything.

IceAzures
10-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Maybe it was the ROM i installed (VorteX Beta) but i was able to successfully install a ROM from .605

savagerun
10-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Maybe it was the ROM i installed (VorteX Beta) but i was able to successfully install a ROM from .605

Glad to hear that, vortex is a nice rom with great battery life. I dont think you'll have any problems trying 602 roms either.

IceAzures
10-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Glad to hear that, vortex is a nice rom with great battery life. I dont think you'll have any problems trying 602 roms either.

Yeah, and one last thing, I can switch from ROM to ROM right? just gotta do the same thing I did while switching to VorteX? (wipe all data/caches/dalvik)

savagerun
10-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah, and one last thing, I can switch from ROM to ROM right? just gotta do the same thing I did while switching to VorteX? (wipe all data/caches/dalvik)

That's correct most roms install the same way but always double check instructions anyway. Now that your on Vortex and if you have it set up the way you want it make a nandroid backup of it that way you can restore it easily if you want to go back to it. Also if you try flashing another rom and get in trouble you can restore that backup as long as you can get back in clockwork recovery.

savagerun
10-10-2011, 07:05 PM
If your not sure how to do a backup i can explain it to you its very simple or theres a youtube video you can watch by DroidModd3. Just search nandroid backup.

IceAzures
10-11-2011, 02:21 AM
Okay thanks for the help so far, i might come back. And Thank you savagerun but i know how to do it :)

savagerun
10-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Okay thanks for the help so far, i might come back. And Thank you savagerun but i know how to do it :)

Your welcome....