PDA

View Full Version : ALL Nandroids are a mismatch

JNEHAMA
10-07-2011, 06:32 PM
I have been running Miui 1.9.30 and have been slowly installing roms to bootmanager. I had been on CM7 prior to Miui and had made a nandroid to install onto a slot. The CM7 nandroid failed to boot , so while on Miui I made a nandroid of my Miui set up and installed that to a slot and it failed to boot as well. The only rom that booted successfully was Vortex. I decided to check my nandroids so I went into CWM recovery 2nd init which is the recovery I used to make my nandroids and wiped data/cache and tried to install first my CM7 nandroid and when that failed my freshly made Miui nandroid and when that failed my old stock 602 nandroid . They all came up MD5 mismatch. I tried flashing a zip of CM& with gapps that I had on my sd card but that stuck at the boot logo so I am no sbf'ing back to stock 602 and will root from there. Not sure why I cannot make a workable nandroid. I want to make sure I can make backups before I reflash 2nd init. Any ideas? They cant all be corrupt files.E

Edit: I did some further investigating. After a fresh SBF to 602 and root with petes 1click. I downloaded droid 2 bootstrap and made a fresh nandroid of rooted stock and immediately wiped data,cache and tried to restore the just made nandroid and once again had md5mismatch. Then thinking it might be a bad sd card, I installed another card and to complete the picture I formatted it and with a complete wipe, stock 602 I retried my experiment downloaded droid 2 bootstrap, made a new nandroid ,wiped data and attempted to restore the back up and had an md5mismatch again. I am getting extremely frustrated. I have not renamed the files, I have always used the recovery in which they were made to attempt and restore them. Any ideas or moderators and better forum to post this in I am at a loss.

dennyjones
10-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Did you rename the nandroids? Android doesn't like special characters or spaces.

JNEHAMA
10-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Did you rename the nandroids? Android doesn't like special characters or spaces.

no:disappointed:

fc127
10-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Are these nandroids from before the blue clockwork came out? If so, they don't use the same file structure.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

JNEHAMA
10-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Are these nandroids from before the blue clockwork came out? If so, they don't use the same file structure.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

As I put in my edit, I had nandroids from both recoveries, I used the recovery appropriate to each nandroid. ie. blue to blue, green to green.
I have tried everything including reformatting my sd card. I have enough experience to use the correct recovery, not rename the file , etc. All the common things have been tried and failed. I have tried generating nandroids using both bootstrap app and rom manager of a fresh 602 sbf with root and each time when I try to restore they fail. There is something systemically wrong, not in the apps because I reinstall them fresh from the market. I am at a complete loss and I cannot try to reflash to a rom without the ability to back up reliably.