PDA

View Full Version : Which roms support HDMI?

kn0wsk1ll
10-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Its been a couple of weeks since I dropped MIUI. It was a very nice ROM, great features, very customizable, etc. It didn't have HDMI support though. I've been running stock GB, but kinda miss the features MIUI provided. Is there a ROM that is similar and also supports HDMI, or is there a any ROM's that support it at all?

BHuber09
10-06-2011, 08:44 PM
DarkslideX
And I believe vortex does

FreeMyMoto!!!

kn0wsk1ll
10-06-2011, 09:04 PM
thanks! gonna try vortex, but i need to get to baseband .13? im on .12 u know how to do that?

corki2
10-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Mobile Sensei also has some that support hdmi. None of these are anything like MIUI. I love MIUI also and was even willing to live without HDMI. Then I found out it doesn't work with Motospeak either and I had just paid $70.00 for a CommandOne headset that was crippled if I stayed on MIUI. Darkslide is great although it's based on 596, so it will revert you back if you flash it. Mobile Sensei and Vortex are 602 and 605 based and both have themes. They all work great.

BHuber09
10-06-2011, 09:10 PM
I'd suggest sbf to 602 then root and flash

FreeMyMoto!!!

kn0wsk1ll
10-06-2011, 09:14 PM
I'd suggest sbf to 602 then root and flash

i am on .602 :|

Mobile Sensei also has some that support hdmi. None of these are anything like MIUI. I love MIUI also and was even willing to live without HDMI. Then I found out it doesn't work with Motospeak either and I had just paid $70.00 for a CommandOne headset that was crippled if I stayed on MIUI. Darkslide is great although it's based on 596, so it will revert you back if you flash it. Mobile Sensei and Vortex are 602 and 605 based and both have themes. They all work great.

i'll look into mobile sensei thanks :D

corki2
10-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Maybe try this DXC - Baseband Update .13P (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3065-DXC-Baseband-Update-.13P&)

kn0wsk1ll
10-06-2011, 09:58 PM
so ended up installing the vortex rom, but now im bootlooping? any suggestions?

kn0wsk1ll
10-06-2011, 10:07 PM
nevermind, forgot to do datawipe. its working now :D

Ampclamp
10-15-2011, 04:00 PM
My two cents, if you want to keep miui, cm7...etc. try boot manager Boot Manager (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/37784-boot-manager.html) I use MIUI 9.23 as a phone rom then loaded up slot1 CM4DX-GB, slot2 LiquidX, slot3 ApeX RC4 and finally slot4 rooted deodexed .602. This allows me to use any GB rom I choose while keeping the functionality of stock 602. Here's an example of what I mean. I went pumpkin picking with the kids last sunday. My phone rom was MIUI. Problem was I wanted 720p vids. Easy! Booted into 602 took my vids then booted back to MIUI. Trust me this is sweet, read the thread and judge for yourself if this is a solution for you. Good luck

mapatton82
10-19-2011, 12:37 PM
My two cents, if you want to keep miui, cm7...etc. try boot manager Boot Manager (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/37784-boot-manager.html) I use MIUI 9.23 as a phone rom then loaded up slot1 CM4DX-GB, slot2 LiquidX, slot3 ApeX RC4 and finally slot4 rooted deodexed .602. This allows me to use any GB rom I choose while keeping the functionality of stock 602. Here's an example of what I mean. I went pumpkin picking with the kids last sunday. My phone rom was MIUI. Problem was I wanted 720p vids. Easy! Booted into 602 took my vids then booted back to MIUI. Trust me this is sweet, read the thread and judge for yourself if this is a solution for you. Good luck

+++1

I had the same situation except I wanted to watch videos through HDMI out. Boot Manager is well worth the $3 and it gives you the best of every ROM with a single reboot!!

AmerikanGulag
10-22-2011, 11:51 AM
+++1

I had the same situation except I wanted to watch videos through HDMI out. Boot Manager is well worth the $3 and it gives you the best of every ROM with a single reboot!!

That is an option, although I have not dived into nor figured that out yet, but out of all the Roms I have used, Vortex is the best for HDMI and maintaining the stock features.

nodixe
11-03-2011, 03:17 AM
I was wondering this as well....correct me if I'm wrong but some form of blur is required for hdmi support so blurless roms are out. Idk about 2nd init roms? I guess boot manager is only real solution...

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

jloya
11-03-2011, 08:31 AM
I used to be a ROmaholic constantly switching back and forth...that is until I found darkslide

its a blur 596 ROM but I havent found anything to date that fits my needs better. Battery life is one of the best if not thee best, full 720p camera, HDMI works amazing, and wulf churns out some badass themes for it. Cant ask for much more :p

ajp
11-03-2011, 08:33 AM
I was wondering this as well....correct me if I'm wrong but some form of blur is required for hdmi support so blurless roms are out. Idk about 2nd init roms? I guess boot manager is only real solution...

Pretty sure you're right about the blur

fernbch
11-06-2011, 07:17 AM
That is correct. The only roms that have hdmi support are blurred.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!

mapatton82
11-08-2011, 06:50 AM
That is correct. The only roms that have hdmi support are blurred.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!

Yeah the only HDMI drivers for the DX are built into the Blur components of Moto/VZW ROMs. Unless someone decides to take on the project of building the drivers from source or pulling the driver out of the Blur, it is unlikely that 2nd-init ROMs will have HDMI out functionality.

With that said, the latest MIUI and CM7GB (by RevNumbers) have support for 720p video recording, but they do not support HDMI output. There is some progress!!!