PDA

View Full Version : Freezing Market Updater Is Doing Nothing!

AngelRyuX
10-04-2011, 01:36 AM
I'm having problems with 3.1.5 so I installed another version which works somewhat but better than the latest one.

Then I froze the updater and the market still updates back to 3.1.5. So is there something else to do to stop this from updating?

I don't like latest because it says my device not compatible on my apps I use.

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's ROMED w/ DarkslideX but not Overclocked yet with lcd density @200.

Leach19m
10-04-2011, 01:44 AM
Found this solution on XDA, give it a shot

1) Open terminal emulator
2) Type "su"
3) Type "pm disable com.android.vending.updater"

That obviously won't roll it back from the new version to the old version. If you go to settings, applications, manage applications, all, market, you should be able to click to uninstall updates

AngelRyuX
10-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Found this solution on XDA, give it a shot

1) Open terminal emulator
2) Type "su"
3) Type "pm disable com.android.vending.updater"

That obviously won't roll it back from the new version to the old version. If you go to settings, applications, manage applications, all, market, you should be able to click to uninstall updates

Well I figured if deleting the app didn't stop it, this wouldn't either, but I tried anyways and was right it still updated... Thanks for trying though.

Sent from Tapatalk using a rooted DroidX running 2.3.3 that's ROMED w/ DarkslideX but not Overclocked yet with lcd density @200.

hillbilliegreg
10-05-2011, 02:51 AM
ok, go back and re-install the older version of the market that works better for you, the go into manage applications, select market, then click on uninstall updates. Then Open terminal emulator
Type, su
Type, pm disable com.android.vending.updater

that should work, according to the experts