PDA

View Full Version : Correct OS and Root

KyleQ
10-03-2011, 09:31 PM
For some dumb reason I can't seem to get my X2 where I want it. My first time with it I got it rooted and enjoyed it, then I got the OTA update and it killed my root but fixed some issues. That eventually gave me troubles and I SBF'd to 2.2.2 and I want to get the most updated OS and start setting up my phone.. Arg, what do I specifically need to do to get the newest and rooted OS?

urphonesux
10-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Google Droid x2 one-click root

Leach19m
10-03-2011, 09:44 PM
To pull the update push the hard menu button, settings, about phone, check for updates.

After you've downloaded and installed the update, the rooting instructions can then be found in my signature

EDIT: Or, you can SBF to the newest build if you can't get the update to pull using http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-support/37159-guide-how-sbf-x2.html

jareeb
10-03-2011, 10:48 PM
To pull the update push the hard menu button, settings, about phone, check for updates.

After you've downloaded and installed the update, the rooting instructions can then be found in my signature

EDIT: Or, you can SBF to the newest build if you can't get the update to pull using http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-support/37159-guide-how-sbf-x2.html
so will this work with the 2.3.3 update?
then would i be able to run the 2.3.4 update?

Leach19m
10-03-2011, 10:51 PM
The SBF wipes your phone and replaces the OS with the offical, stock, out of the box version of whatever version of the SBF you choose. So the version you are currently running doesn't matter, all that matters if that the SBF file you flash is for your phone (Meaning a Droid X SBF will not work on an X2, etc).

tarnishedhalo
10-04-2011, 05:11 AM
Once you are rooted run bootstrap, do a backup and save a copy to your computer just so you have it in a safe place. You can get 2.3.4 by flashing the Atrix 4G rom. I don't think you can run the official updates once you are rooted but I could be wrong.

KyleQ
10-04-2011, 10:13 AM

I already followed that guide to SBF to 2.2.2 - last time I was rooted on 2.2.2 and applied the OTA update my phone worked, but had issues. I'm rooted on 2.2.2 and applying the OTA update right now. After the update I hope to be a ble to do the oneclick root. I'll report back-

jareeb
10-04-2011, 04:21 PM
The SBF wipes your phone and replaces the OS with the offical, stock, out of the box version of whatever version of the SBF you choose. So the version you are currently running doesn't matter, all that matters if that the SBF file you flash is for your phone (Meaning a Droid X SBF will not work on an X2, etc).
what happens if you flash the wrong os? like an dx onto a dx2?

Leach19m
10-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Well, hopefully it wouldn't flash, but if it did your phone wouldn't boot. You should be able to flash the correct SBF over it to fix.

Why, did you?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

jareeb
10-04-2011, 04:29 PM
nah i just thought it would be good information to know, i plan on putting 2.3.4 on my phone after work

KyleQ
10-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Well it worked - I wonder why it didn't when I did this the first time... Thanks guys - I really wouldn't have thought of doing the same thing twice as it didn't work the first time. Time to get an overclock figured out and get rid of these pesky ads.

victimssun
10-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Time to get an overclock figured out and get rid of these pesky ads.

Sorry to break the bad news to you, but overclock is not yet possible on the dx2. However you can definitely get an adblocker. AdFree Android is pretty good from the market.

KyleQ
10-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks - I realized that, whatever, it's decently fast with the supercharger scripts running. The ads are gone too - thanks guys, maybe this iteration will last a few months :lol: