PDA

View Full Version : Galley not working

Austin1227 DX
10-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Hey guys, getting to the point. I have liberty GB 0.9 on my DX. Gallery doesn't work at all. Aosp or blur. I think I can't view them in file manager either. Tried Aosp and blur camera too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

smalltowngirl13
10-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Have you tried a 3rd party gallery app? I recommend QuickPic...but if you can view them in your file manager, it could be a corrupted file or SD card - can you view them via the computer if you connect your phone via USB?

Austin1227 DX
10-04-2011, 05:24 AM
I can view like 5 out of ten.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

smalltowngirl13
10-04-2011, 07:30 AM
What does the other 5 appear like?

Austin1227 DX
10-04-2011, 08:07 PM
It shows the thumbnail in ASTRO file manager.

izomiac
10-04-2011, 09:11 PM
If your galley isn't working I suggest daily beatings for your oarsmen/cooks until moral improves.

Mount the SD card on a computer and see what you have. It sounds like you just suffered an abstraction error where ASTRO automatically created thumbnails for your images while another program deleted the originals. The thumbnails remain while the originals have vanished into the ether.

If the pictures are merely misplaced, move them to a single directory. If the pictures have been deleted, remove the SD card from the phone and use an undelete tool on a PC. FAT16/32 "deletes" files by renaming them to "?ILENAME.EXT", which indicates they may be overwritten when space is needed. You can search for these files in limbo, and it's possible to recover them... sometimes. The more time that elapses, the more data written to the SD afterwards, and the less free space you have all reduce the odds of a successful recovery. Leaving the SD card in your phone makes it subject to constant write activity.

This is, at least, my interpretation of your problem and some very generic information. So far, all I know is that "Gallery doesn't work", but it sounds like just 5 specific image files are unreadable, and ASTRO shows thumbnails for the unreadable images. Nobody here is paid to help, so people are more likely to do so if you make it easy to identify and correct your problem rather than a step-by-step troubleshooting dialog. I, for instance, just popped in for the pun.