PDA

View Full Version : Best Battery life and HD quality Ginger Bread ROM?

Dark Crewman
10-02-2011, 09:35 AM
I am loving MIUI ROM its amazing, but the battery life is not that great. And the lack/loss of HD video/camera and video playback makes me sad.

I'm at 60% with only 1hr 13min and I haven't done much with my phone since I unplugged it.

So I'm looking for a new ROM with best battery life and all the HD goodness back.

Thanks guys,
Dark

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

hillbilliegreg
10-02-2011, 10:37 AM
you will need a rom that keeps some blur aspects like the camera app

try apex, great battery life

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/apex/35760-rom-droidx-apex-2-0-0-release-candidate-rc3-8-27-2011-a.html

Bkdodger
10-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Apex RC3 is great and can add a few blur things as stated above...I also recommend VorteX 2.2 with all the blur ..great battery and support ....it will be going up to 605 base soon too..

Sent from elGato's X..

savagerun
10-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Vortex is a good rom also. Great battery life and everything works. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-roms/37222-rom-vortex-beta.html
Ninja'd by BK

Bkdodger
10-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Nice savagerun...you got the link thou ...

Sent from elGato's X..

RavenSoft
10-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I am loving MIUI ROM its amazing, but the battery life is not that great. And the lack/loss of HD video/camera and video playback makes me sad.

I'm at 60% with only 1hr 13min and I haven't done much with my phone since I unplugged it.

So I'm looking for a new ROM with best battery life and all the HD goodness back.

Thanks guys,
Dark

Sounds to me like you did not calibrate your battery. Battery life is pretty good actually, my first install got messed up somehow but the second install so far is great. Get the battery calibration app from the market.

Dark Crewman
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the list guys appreciate it.

Sounds to me like you did not calibrate your battery. Battery life is pretty good actually, my first install got messed up somehow but the second install so far is great. Get the battery calibration app from the market.

I charged to 100% and wipes battery stats, I thought that's how you calibrated it.

I will try that app, but what about getting all my HD quality back? I like to watch videos but quality is junk now all pixelated. And I definitely like to take my HD video and pics. Any solutions for that?

Thanks

savagerun
10-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Drew you'll get all that back when you flash a rom with blur in it.

Dark Crewman
10-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Drew?

I understand that in order for me to get HD quality back I need the blur video camera, player, camera.

Is there a way to add said items to MIUI so that I can get the quality back?

Thanks

savagerun
10-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Drew?

I understand that in order for me to get HD quality back I need the blur video camera, player, camera.

Is there a way to add said items to MIUI so that I can get the quality back?

Thanks

Sorry about the Drew thing haha.. But no you can't add the blur stuff to miui. What you see is what you get as far as camera, video etc

mapatton82
10-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Sorry about the Drew thing haha.. But no you can't add the blur stuff to miui. What you see is what you get as far as camera, video etc

I order to get the HD aspects back you would need to be running a Stock ROM 596 or higher (I say 596 because I am assuming you want Gingerbread) or one of the 596, 602, or 605 variants. You will have to do some reading though, for example Apex is based on 602 but I don't think it has the functionality for HDMI output but you can add back in the Blur Camera and Camcorder.

jloya
10-04-2011, 11:36 AM
id give darkslide X a try, thee best to date with battery life, full HD camcorder working, HDMI as well

ROM is $$$$$$$$

Dark Crewman
10-05-2011, 03:47 PM
I order to get the HD aspects back you would need to be running a Stock ROM 596 or higher (I say 596 because I am assuming you want Gingerbread) or one of the 596, 602, or 605 variants. You will have to do some reading though, for example Apex is based on 602 but I don't think it has the functionality for HDMI output but you can add back in the Blur Camera and Camcorder.

Thank you

id give darkslide X a try, thee best to date with battery life, full HD camcorder working, HDMI as well

ROM is $$$$$$$$

Do you have a link, i cant find it in the GB Rom section.

jloya
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Thank you

Do you have a link, i cant find it in the GB Rom section.

of course, DarkSlide X is here! (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-roms/8097-darkslide-x-here.html)

kennyfool
10-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Have you tried LG camera (free on market)? I believe it shoots 720p and takes pretty nice pics. Only thing you can't do with it is panorama and shoot "widescreen" but you can always download Pano from the market... just a thought :)

Sekine12
10-13-2011, 05:52 PM
The video quality from these phones is pretty bad, and it's not because of the pixel count. I assume you're shooting mostly interview style or something like that? As soon as stuff starts to move it turns to jello... I'm of the belief that if you need HD, you need a better camcorder.

ajordan
10-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Just charge the battery to 100% reboot into recovery, clear the battery stats and reboot. Then... let the phone battery drain again to 0% or until the phone shuts off. Charge it to 100% un interrupted and you should see very good battery life.

sent from my Vortexed DX

DebianDog
10-14-2011, 01:18 PM
SBF to the new Miui.us

17 hours and 60%

Beamed from my DroidX