PDA

View Full Version : Hell of holster indecision

Craig225
09-30-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm stuck between vertical cases and horizontal (or side) cases. I'm looking at the "Verizon Leather Side Case for Motorola Droid X." On another site, 117 are listed as buying this one. More people buy this one than the others. What do you all say? What's popular here?

MutantCheese
09-30-2011, 09:37 AM
I just wear cargo pants and slip my DX into my left side pocket. Unfortunately, It's difficult to find dress cargo pants so I have solved this problem by avoiding places that require anything other than casual wear.

ArcAngL
09-30-2011, 09:47 AM
I wear BDU's and dedicate my left cargo pocket to my phone, so I +1 the cargo pants

Sent from my Stock (by choice) Droid X using SwiftKey X on the Droid X Forums App.

ToeJamm57
09-30-2011, 09:48 AM
I use the silicone cover and slide the phone into my pocket. I have the leather Verizon belt holster if I need t wear it on my belt. The phone fits into it even with the silicone cover still on.

Craig225
10-02-2011, 07:45 AM
I use the silicone cover and slide the phone into my pocket. I have the leather Verizon belt holster if I need t wear it on my belt. The phone fits into it even with the silicone cover still on.

How well does the clip work on your belt?

AndreX
10-02-2011, 08:41 AM
If you'll consider "open carry" instead of a case, I highly-recommend the offerings from Seidio. I have the CONVERT COMBO (http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd3-hkr4mtdx.htm) and don't think you could find a better setup. I hike, bike, camp, etc., so the extra protection of the rubber cover, spine, and locking holster really come in handy. It does turn the thing into a pretty large package, but for me, the extra protection is worth dealing with the bulk. For daily carry, I strip off the "Convert" stuff, and just use the "Surface" case and holster. Still just a little bigger than naked, but the case offers some good protection. If you just need the "Surface" kit, you can get it separately (http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd2-hlcsr2mtdx-bk.htm).

Oh, and their clips are nearly un-breakable. I've nearly ripped my belt off when I've caught the phone/case on something. They also swivel so you can carry horizontal or vertical (or even in between if you go that way).

Andy

EDIT: It looks like the "Surface" holster is no longer included with the kit, so that would have to be purchased separately (http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/hlmtdxasc.htm).

Craig225
10-03-2011, 06:44 AM
Thanks, Andy

AndreX
10-03-2011, 07:04 AM
No problem. Glad to help.FWIW, I also have the standard Seidioonline holster to hold the naked device. Same high-quality build as the rest of their products.Andy

ScooterCat
10-03-2011, 08:56 AM
... I'm looking at the "Verizon Leather Side Case for Motorola Droid X." ...
I bought this shortly after getting my X and sent it back because it kept activating the dock app when I put the X in (it has a magnetic closure).

Reaver74
10-04-2011, 06:54 AM
I bought a holster from Lowe's that I use to carry my X. I've used it with an Otterbox Commuter case and now an Aegis case from Trident. It's made by AWP (here (http://www.lowes.com/pd_70047-1492-1L-72412_4294764769_4294937087_?catalogId=10051&productId=3138057&Ne=4294937087&N=4294764769&identifier=Cell+Phone+Cases&langId=-1&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr%7C0%7C%7Cp_product_qt y_sales_dollar%7C1&storeId=10151&searchQueryType=1) is a link to the Lowe's page). It's made of ballistic nylon with a soft interior, has a velcro closure (no magnets to trigger the docks), a chrome-plate spring steel clip (a plus for me...the leather-covered ones always wear out for me), and best of all it's about $7. The phone is a snug fit with the case, but on the plus side it will never fall out of the holster accidentally.

I've been using mine for about a year now, and it's still in good shape. I bought an extra recently just in case Lowe's stopped selling them in the future.

Craig225
10-04-2011, 12:06 PM
I bought this shortly after getting my X and sent it back because it kept activating the dock app when I put the X in (it has a magnetic closure). I'll have to see how it works for me.