PDA

View Full Version : Rom with Blur launcher

FrontierProject
09-28-2011, 04:31 PM
What would be the best GB Rom that utilizes the Blur launcher, I'm currently running Liberty v.8 but the Blur Launcher is still pretty buggy on it. I'd prefer something on the Blurry side, but still customizable, if you get what I'm saying.

Nemo aeternamn
09-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Maybe try updating to liberty v.9...
If your wanting a new rom... Maybe try shiji or apex

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

FrontierProject
09-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Maybe try updating to liberty v.9...
If your wanting a new rom... Maybe try shiji or apex

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer
does anyone have a changelog for .9? I can't find one anywhere, and I figure it's gonna take 2-3 updates before they get it fully fixed, since it seems to be a backseat option for Liberty. I figure it's just better to switch to a Rom designed to run off of Blur Launcher.

DebianDog
09-28-2011, 05:01 PM
I would say option 2 or 3 depending on you tastes

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-roms/36314-rom-4-5-602-gb-3-versions.html

psimmons1991
09-29-2011, 11:32 AM
I would say option 2 or 3 depending on you tastes

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-roms/36314-rom-4-5-602-gb-3-versions.html

Definitely one of these. I ran version 2 for about a week, batteery life was amazing, it was fast never any random reboots or FC's.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

corki2
09-29-2011, 02:34 PM
What would be the best GB Rom that utilizes the Blur launcher, I'm currently running Liberty v.8 but the Blur Launcher is still pretty buggy on it. I'd prefer something on the Blurry side, but still customizable, if you get what I'm saying.

Mobile Sensei 602 is a good choice if you want the Blur home although only some of the Blur widgets work. You can download Moto Home Fix from the market and choose Blur Home as default. Battery life is excellent. There are a few themes for it. DSX is a great Blur ROM with complete, working blur widgets and Blur Home. The only thing is that it's a 596 build so if you flash it from 602 you will revert back to 596 except for your radio which will stay on baseband 13. It's very stable. Battery life is excellent.

FrontierProject
10-19-2011, 05:32 PM
I have tried installing the Mobile Sensei ROM, however v. 3 won't boot, it remains stuck in the boot animation indefinatly.
I then tried v2, I could get this working, but I can't see any difference from it and stock GB, unlike v3 it still has the stock boot animation, it advertises itself as no bloatware, however CityID, DLNA, and all the other Verizon apps are still intact. Isn't that what bloatware is?

stewie griffin
10-19-2011, 07:16 PM
I installed v3 on my phone, and after a few extra tweaks, this is pretty darn fast! You can download and use go launcher ex, and customize it to come pretty close to feeling like the stock blur launcher, but with some neat options blur doesn't have. You can use root explorer to delete additional bloat left in the rom (which helps alot) I've overclocked to 1.2ghz with quickclock advanced, and ran the v6 supercharger script. Installed sd speed increase as well. I know benchmark scores don't necessarily mean much, but quadrant first run is about 1800+, and subsequent runs go between 2000-almost 2200. Nenamark shows 28-29.1 fps now. And linpack gets 19-20mflops. To install 602v3, you needed to already be on a 602 or 605 build, and while in cwr, wipe data/cache/dalvik cache before installing the new rom (just incase you may have overlooked it) also, maybe you got a bad download, maybe try downloading again, and check md5sum before attempting to flash. Just some ideas to try helping :-) good luck!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums