PDA

View Full Version : wifi tether problem

caaznkid
09-28-2011, 05:13 AM
Hello,

I am on Shuji's Rom with the WUG GB Tether patch flashed onto it. So, wifi tether does work, however, whenever I add any type of security whether it is access control or wifi encryption, wifi tether no longer works. I even tried to install PDAnet as a possible solution but USB tether mode doesn't work with the droid X for some reason..so if anyone has any possible solutions for wifi tethering with some security protection please let me know. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

caaznkid
09-29-2011, 02:40 PM
87 views and no replies...I am assuming nobody knows of a solution or I posted in the wrong section? If so, could somebody please point me in the right direction to find a solution? I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry I'm new.

macpro88
09-29-2011, 02:45 PM
I do not think those options are able to work on the Droid X. Has something to do with the locked bootloader and not being able to flash a custom kernel that supports those options.

[Insert mobile sig here]

caaznkid
09-30-2011, 12:55 AM
I do not think those options are able to work on the Droid X. Has something to do with the locked bootloader and not being able to flash a custom kernel that supports those options.

[Insert mobile sig here]

Even if I revert back to 2.2, I will have the same issue?

macpro88
09-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Even if I revert back to 2.2, I will have the same issue?

quite possibly. i do know for a fact that access restriction is not functioning on closed phones like Moto's. You would need to flash a new kernel for that feature. i was never big on tethering, (dont have the need to) so I can't really be to sure about setting up the security. as long as you are not going to have it running for too long you should not have to worry about. and won't it notify you if someone else connects to it? and then does it give the option to shut them out?