PDA

View Full Version : [ROM] DROID X2 Eclipse v. 07 rc2

Welfarebob
09-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Eclipse v .07 rc2 http://j.mp/oj9Py6

Not sure how long it will be up and has led light issue nitroglycerin33 is still working that out all credit goes to nitroglycerin33 for this rom ofcourse :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

bignasty407
09-27-2011, 10:46 PM
does it include the toggles or is that gunna be for .08

Welfarebob
09-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Not quite sure what you mean by toggles but omg im loving this rom... just the look and feel of it makes me want to do dirty things to it :)))))

Nemo aeternamn
09-27-2011, 11:18 PM
toggles... are quick ways to turn things like gps wifi and what not... on and off...

Welfarebob
09-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Hasn't that been in all versions? Its been on mine called power control under widgets

Welfarebob
09-27-2011, 11:44 PM

Welfarebob
09-27-2011, 11:45 PM
A screenshot for you guys :)

victimssun
09-28-2011, 07:51 AM
He's referring the toggles in the notification bar. I don't believe it does, but there's a thread at xda, where some guys actually started posting their themed toggle bars. So like I did last night, I installed eclipse6, then installed the matching eclipse themed notification bars.

Yubyop
09-28-2011, 04:09 PM
I just flashed it everything works great Very smooth and so far no glitches

Welfarebob
09-28-2011, 06:28 PM
If you experiance the led issue try using lightflow

Welfarebob
09-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Version 7 has been finales and released :-)

Nickolas
09-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Any diff between the version he put on twitter yesterday and the final?

Nickolas
09-29-2011, 03:49 AM
Ok the link at xda for the official release just causes the page to refresh. Anyone got another link or having the same problem?

Welfarebob
09-29-2011, 06:39 AM
I was having the same issue with rc2 I had to reboot phone I think it got stuck in cache or something as soon as I rebooted it worked for me :)

Welfarebob
09-29-2011, 06:59 AM
However I got it from the link nitro provided in twitter @ rootzwiki

http://j.mp/qQ1Oul

Nickolas
09-29-2011, 08:02 AM
Well I rebooted, wiped cache and still no dice. It did work once, but I received a call and it caused the dl to fail. Nothing since.

Welfarebob
09-29-2011, 08:05 AM
Not sure same thing happened to me I rebooted and it worked : X

Nickolas
09-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Success. Wiped the cache from dolphin under settings>applications. Thanks for the help bob

Welfarebob
09-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Glad you got it :)

aardvark502
09-29-2011, 01:23 PM
What's the difference from the official release and rc2

Tapped on my Eclipse DROID x2

victimssun
09-29-2011, 01:31 PM
What's the difference from the official release and rc2

Pretty sure nitroglycerin would be the only one to really know. But Official's official of course!

aardvark502
09-29-2011, 04:50 PM
.8 beta is on twitter

Nickolas
09-30-2011, 01:17 AM
V8 beta2 is what's on there. He's just getting people to test his attempted LED fixes. As for what's different.

From xda-

v0.7 Changelog (9/28/11)

Added in AOSP Contacts/Dialer/Phone
Added back in Tesla LED
Full ICS Inspired Theme
Tweaked Launcher2 speed
Removed a lot more blur
Added in Google Voice
Added in AOSP Voice Dialer
Misc edits that I am forgetting.

synth3tic
09-30-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm running v0.7, and I'm not sure if this is Eclipse related, but I'm having some issues sending MMS's. When running stock/rooted GB, I could send MMS's and they would be clear enough to read text off a page (I'm not sure of the actual picture size, tho), but now, with Eclipse, both v0.6 and v0.7, they are all sent out at 1kb. The result is that the image has horrible resolution and I can no longer use MMS to take pics of text pages+ send. I realize that Nitro bumped the max MMS size to 1.2mb, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Also, as a side note, I was playing around with the ##PROGRAM menu, and set the max size to 30000, and the msgs were sending out at 17kb. Still unreadable, but the size of the image increased. Is anyone else experiencing this issue, or am I an isolated incident?

Nickolas
10-01-2011, 12:58 AM
I have received and sent mms on v7 without problem.

synth3tic
10-01-2011, 01:51 AM
^ Just to clarify, I can send and receive no problem, but the clarity takes a major hit when the image is received or viewed through the text thread. Can you verify by taking a pic of some text, and then MMSing it to yourself? Is it readable?

Thanks.

Nickolas
10-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Took a picture of the nutritional information on the back of a bag if chips and sent it to myself. Had to zoom a little bit and quality was degraded a bit but I could read it fine

Nickolas
10-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Woot! Nitro tweeted that some new v8 material should be out tonight

aardvark502
10-02-2011, 07:31 PM
He put up a screenshot a while ago that showed toggles too so that will be nice.

aardvark502
10-02-2011, 09:55 PM
.8 is up can you get away with just wiping caches while updating eclipse? I know he recommends a full wipe which I will do if its buggy just wiping caches but its just something I want to know, thanks.

Nickolas
10-02-2011, 10:27 PM
never tried it without data wipe. im sure it will work, but like you said, might be buggy

Creatednotborn
10-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Alright Gents, I am in need of some tips. New to the forum, but not new to droids or rooting.

I have been flashing and sbf'ing all damn night with my x2 that I picked up yesterday, and frankly the frustration is starting to make me lean back towards my darkslide X. I learned the hard way that the At[honeycomb]rix rom will not work on my phone running 2.2.2(as far as I know) and I ended up bricking it, and then sbf'ing back to normal. SOoooooo, I tried to get eclipse to work....Same thing except that it was just a standard bootloop that was fixed after getting into boot recovery and wiping again, to which nothing had been done period to the phone.

I finally tried updating to 2.3.3 and realized that rooting isn't going to happen any time soon with it. So, I went back to 2.2.2....AGAIN. So what I am asking is, what freaking ROM can I use with 2.2.2? Can I use eclipse? Darkslide? Anything? I hate having a stock phone, and I hate even more knowing that there is a way to tweak something that I own for the better and not having the means to do it. Help is appreciated.

Hugs and kisses,

CNB.

victimssun
10-05-2011, 12:41 PM
There is hope! I don't have all the links readily available, but I can give them in a bit. You can actually root 2.3.3 with the moto 1 click root program. From there, you can install most roms (eclipse 6+ requires 2.3.3). So give me a minute and I'll track some things down for you.

Edit: Alright, if you're currently on stock 2.2.2, you can follow p3droids guide to install the prerooted 2.3.3. From there, you can flash eclipse or any other gb rom. I just keep this .zip on my phone, so any time i have to sbf, I can just install the prerooted gb and be good to go.

Official Gingerbread for the Droid X2 - 2.3.3/4.5.1A-DTN-117-15 (Rooted) (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-2-discussions/8558-official-gingerbread-droid-x2-2-3-3-4-5-1a-dtn-117-15-rooted.html#post94623)

Creatednotborn
10-05-2011, 01:28 PM
There is hope! I don't have all the links readily available, but I can give them in a bit. You can actually root 2.3.3 with the moto 1 click root program. From there, you can install most roms (eclipse 6+ requires 2.3.3). So give me a minute and I'll track some things down for you.

Edit: Alright, if you're currently on stock 2.2.2, you can follow p3droids guide to install the prerooted 2.3.3. From there, you can flash eclipse or any other gb rom. I just keep this .zip on my phone, so any time i have to sbf, I can just install the prerooted gb and be good to go.

Official Gingerbread for the Droid X2 - 2.3.3/4.5.1A-DTN-117-15 (Rooted) (http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-2-discussions/8558-official-gingerbread-droid-x2-2-3-3-4-5-1a-dtn-117-15-rooted.html#post94623)

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Going to give it a shot right now, fingers crossed and butthole puckered!

Welfarebob
10-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Version 0.8.1 for eclipse is out now and very stable IMHO much better than the rest of the versions ill get you the link in a second :) course you have to be on rooted 2.3.3 first anyhow :)

Welfarebob
10-05-2011, 01:44 PM
http://j.mp/oVPPjD

This is the last version of eclipse for 2.3.3 as nitro is now working on 2.3.4

Creatednotborn
10-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Alright, please verify my steps as to what I THINK I have to do here. Sorry if I seem a bit ignorant and stupid, just very frustrated because of the complicated nature of the phone compared to the droid x rooting procedure...

I just have to stay on 2.2.2...
Then install my bootstrap recovery(already on card)...
Go into recovery and wipe data/cache...
While in reco, install the "pre-rooted" 2.3.3...
Let it do its thing and reboot...
Download the latest eclipse ROM and get back into recovery...
Install the ROM and reboot...
Viola, right?

And just so I'm clear, I don't have to get a rooting apk like gingerbreak or z4 or any of that one touch junk because the 2.3.3 that I installed is already rooted therefore my phone will be rooted when it has rebooted, right? Thanks for the help and patience fellas.

victimssun
10-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Alright, please verify my steps as to what I THINK I have to do here. Sorry if I seem a bit ignorant and stupid, just very frustrated because of the complicated nature of the phone compared to the droid x rooting procedure...

I just have to stay on 2.2.2...
Then install my bootstrap recovery(already on card)...
Go into recovery and wipe data/cache...
While in reco, install the "pre-rooted" 2.3.3...
Let it do its thing and reboot...
Download the latest eclipse ROM and get back into recovery...
Install the ROM and reboot...
Viola, right?

And just so I'm clear, I don't have to get a rooting apk like gingerbreak or z4 or any of that one touch junk because the 2.3.3 that I installed is already rooted therefore my phone will be rooted when it has rebooted, right? Thanks for the help and patience fellas.

Yes, this all seems correct. The preroot may even have the system recovery built in. Yell if you hit any speed bumps!

Creatednotborn
10-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Update...

I am officially running on Eclipse. Woohoo!!! Thank you fellas, seriously. This has been a 36 hour ordeal and now it is finally over. Now that the whole rom issue and root issue has been dealt with, I just have to wait until someone figures out how to overclock this damn thing lol. So if you guys have info on that, throw it this way. Oh, and are there any mods to this rom that I could put on as well? THANKS AGAIN! YOU GUYS ROCK!

victimssun
10-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Are there themes for eclipse? ... I have no idea. Any theme for 2.3.3 should work.. ? You may want to wait until someone else chimes in on that one. Glad you're up and running though

Creatednotborn
10-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Are there themes for eclipse? ... I have no idea. Any theme for 2.3.3 should work.. ? You may want to wait until someone else chimes in on that one. Glad you're up and running though

Themes or mods, stuff like that. I had a couple of mods on my darkslide like the invisible lock screen, inverted apps, stuff like that. And is there an app that can change my screen density? I was used to doing it with android overclock or liberty toolbox pro, but since this isn't a liberty rom, and android overclock doesn't support the X2, I can't change the screen resolution. So if there's an app that will do that for me, that would be awesomepants.

But so far, this rom is great. Re-installed ADW and it's like butter. My favorite thing about this rom is the screen animation when you shut it off, I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks of an old tube tv when the screen goes blank lol. I want to overclock this thing to see what it can really handle. Damnit lol.

Creatednotborn
10-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Okay, managed to get android overclock to change my density(even though it won't overclock....damn), and now I'm loving my phone all over again. And since the dual core is obviously better then the single, my video live wallpaper is looking sweet. I always enjoy turning my screen on and seeing scene from "the thing" playing in the backround of the desktop, it always makes people do a double-take lol.

Nickolas
10-05-2011, 11:20 PM
As far as mods or themes, I use adw launcher. Its in the market. U mentioned lockscreens. Widgetlocker is what I use and under settings in the app there is a link to xda where they have a ton of custom locks and backgrounds. Enjoy

Welfarebob
10-06-2011, 08:50 AM
How do I turning off the default lock screen I installed the widgetlocker and had 3 different lock screens the widget icier the eclipse locker and my pattern lock?

Welfarebob
10-06-2011, 09:06 AM
I found it in widetlocker settings under advanced :)

ce_lloyd
10-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I've been pouring over these eclipse ROM posts and I hear a lot of problems and things not quite right and I wonder if it's worth it?? I like to tinker and stuff but it works pretty well right now?? Are there performance enhancements as well or is it just cool to break the chains and install different ROMs?

Nickolas
10-06-2011, 05:08 PM
I've been pouring over these eclipse ROM posts and I hear a lot of problems and things not quite right and I wonder if it's worth it?? I like to tinker and stuff but it works pretty well right now?? Are there performance enhancements as well or is it just cool to break the chains and install different ROMs?

OK as far as roms go for the x2 , IMO eclipse is the best. The only real bug has been the led issue, but it is fixed in the upcoming 2.3.4 release. The only cautionary tale I would say is that if you like motoblur. Eclipse might not be for you. Try navens atrix ports.

Nickolas
10-07-2011, 03:19 AM
Disregard

Nickolas
10-07-2011, 11:46 PM
OK I'm running v1.1! But for some reason when I try to download adw launcher ex or a couple of other apps from the market I just get a loading screen that won't go away and it never goes to my app? Anyone got any suggestions. I cleared data from manage apps already and notta.

Nickolas
10-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Nvm I used the power of Google! Prob solved.

LastProphet
10-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Im not completely sure if its just me (using my tethered DX2) or if the link is legitimately dead but i cant seem to get a download. Mediafire says the file has been removed. This is kind of upsetting considering im running v.6 of eclipse and I would REALLY like to jump in on v.7 if anyone can throw me a link that seems to work or tell me if its just me having issues that would be much appreciated =P

victimssun
10-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Some of the links that he posted were just temporary. Also, currently it's up to version 1.1

You can find it and all updates here:

http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?2351-ROM-GB-Eclipse-v1.1-(10-06-11)

Welfarebob
10-11-2011, 10:17 PM
I believe 1.1 is based on Android 2.3.4 you would have to sbf to that first

victimssun
10-12-2011, 11:49 AM
I believe 1.1 is based on Android 2.3.4 you would have to sbf to that first

+1 , this is correct, must be on 2.3.4 first! Thanks bob.

victimssun
10-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Does anyone know how/if I can get the new 2.3.4 tv screen off animation over top of the eclipse 1.1? I loved the look of that animation, but prefer eclipse. Thoughts?

Welfarebob
10-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Doesn't eclipse do that already?

victimssun
10-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Edit. Figured it out. I turned animation to fast, this disabled it. Turned it back to normal, it works. Thanks