PDA

View Full Version : CM4DX-GB: for sure the best rom for the dx so far

B1GD
09-27-2011, 08:16 PM
I started out with Apex and then tried Liberty. Tested Rubix. Then moved on to gingerbread stock...quickly went to liquid and then MIUI. Then tried some Zombiestomp and Darkslide. And then, after enough flashing to make Britney Spears head spin, flashed pure CM4DX-GB for the first time. Oh. My. <insert deity >. Why isnt every Dx on this rom? its got the best support, equal if not better battery life, incredible performance, and the customizability we all love. its done everything ive asked and more. if your on the fence-flash it. if your on miui-flash it. if you dont know what the heck im talking about-ask someone, and they will help you flash it.

gbrinn
09-27-2011, 08:23 PM
I started out with Apex and then tried Liberty. Tested Rubix. Then moved on to gingerbread stock...quickly went to liquid and then MIUI. Then tried some Zombiestomp and Darkslide. And then, after enough flashing to make Britney Spears head spin, flashed pure CM4DX-GB for the first time. Oh. My. <insert deity >. Why isnt every Dx on this rom? its got the best support, equal if not better battery life, incredible performance, and the customizability we all love. its done everything ive asked and more. if your on the fence-flash it. if your on miui-flash it. if you dont know what the heck im talking about-ask someone, and they will help you flash it.

Lol. It's good, for sure.

cobracon71
09-27-2011, 08:25 PM
sorry but the newest miui is wayyy more customizable and just as fast and with great battery life im now getting like 16 17 hrs on stock battery after the deep sleep fix by DXC

not to take anything away from cm7 it is a great rom i have used it and it has its percs no doubt the guys working on this rom def no there stuff

fc127
09-27-2011, 08:26 PM
So, the consensus is that you like CM4DX GB?

Sent from MI UI on MY DX.

fc127
09-27-2011, 08:28 PM
sorry but the newest miui is wayyy more customizable and just as fast and with great battery life im now getting like 16 17 hrs on stock battery after the deep sleep fix by DXC

That's the battery life I am seeing too! Actually about 20 hours today, so far...

As far as customization goes, I can't say much about that. I customized a theme to my liking and never switch it...

Sent from MI UI on MY DX.

Nath5
09-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Yes, the battery life is great, 20+ hours and I haven't even under volted yet!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

B1GD
09-27-2011, 08:57 PM
I found miui to be buggy with things I used with miui. And I'm not a big fan of the stock miui launcher, so I always ended up using adw anyways. I just find cm7 to be smoother. That being said, Louis is still my #2 so ill probly check it out again later on

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tchnclfl
10-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Do you people NEVER use your phone!? I don't understand the 20+ hours..I'm undervolted and use my phone pretty moderately (I wouldn't say heavily, almost all just texting). And I'm DEAD after about 10 hours. I'm running the latest CM7 nightly (Froyo kernel).

Nemo aeternamn
10-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Do you people NEVER use your phone!? I don't understand the 20+ hours..I'm undervolted and use my phone pretty moderately (I wouldn't say heavily, almost all just texting). And I'm DEAD after about 10 hours. I'm running the latest CM7 nightly (Froyo kernel).

i think it's more extended battery... i have cm7 on the ginger kernel... and with moderate use... sometimes i can pull up to fifteen hours... but with heavier use... it drops...

hillbilliegreg
10-03-2011, 03:11 PM

Well the key to your complaint is, you are on the FROYO kernel
people who are getting good battery life are on the Gingerbread kernel, with that said, even cm4dx on gingerbread doesn't get the battery life of other gingerbread roms, like apex or shuji,
at least that's been my experience

macrophage68
10-04-2011, 03:24 AM
I'm on cm7 right now, nightly build #103. Can I use the ROM Manager to flash cm4dx over it? Wipe all data, or can I get away with just Dalvik?
What are the benefits? I like cm7 but for battery life and missing the blur camera.

DebianDog
10-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Well the key to your complaint is, you are on the FROYO kernel
people who are getting good battery life are on the Gingerbread kernel, with that said, even cm4dx on gingerbread doesn't get the battery life of other gingerbread roms, like apex or shuji,
at least that's been my experience

Umm NO I can get 30 hours EASY (yes extended battery) It is actually why I went back to 340. I like all the new ROMs for GB but I have never got better battery life than I did from Apex 1.4 on 340. I am at 19+ hours 50% after reorganizing my apps with Folder Organizer and making a few calls.

hillbilliegreg
10-05-2011, 02:13 AM
I never did get good battery life on 2nd init 340 roms, but I did get good battery life on other 340 roms. The best 602 rom for battery life for me was apex 2.0 3rc. I guess that extended battery help, lol

gbrinn
10-05-2011, 05:26 PM
I've got decent life on CM4-GB.

bignasty407
10-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Best batt life ive had on a DX rom was always with APEX, Fab makes a really great quality ROM. not knockin CM4DX or MIUI, because ive yet to flash these roms being that i just got a DX again. but anywho, Apex i got about 25-10 hours with Stock Batt and moderate usage.

towbiz
10-07-2011, 10:44 PM
What is jakesbitemod used for?

urples
10-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Does Swype work for it? When I installed Swype beta, it installs fine but keeps force closing when I try to use it.

Nemo aeternamn
10-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Does Swype work for it? When I installed Swype beta, it installs fine but keeps force closing when I try to use it.

The beta swype works great for me...
Have ya tried going into settings/applications/manage applications/and clearing data/cache for swype?

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

DebianDog
10-10-2011, 12:16 PM
The beta swype works great for me...
Have ya tried going into settings/applications/manage applications/and clearing data/cache for swype?

I have had to wipe it completely with other ROMs so this is not unique to CM4DX. You can always seem to make the Swype beta work one way or another.

cleopete
10-10-2011, 10:21 PM

not to take anything away from cm7 it is a great rom i have used it and it has its percs no doubt the guys working on this rom def no there stuff

I'm lucky to get 8 hrs with minimal use (9.30).

Nemo aeternamn
10-10-2011, 11:42 PM
I have had to wipe it completely with other ROMs so this is not unique to CM4DX. You can always seem to make the Swype beta work one way or another.

haha... ya... i've had to do that on a couple too... what really makes it your phone mad... is when you forget the rom you put on already has swype... cause your use to just installing swype with your backup app... then it reinstalls it on that rom... on top of the regular swype...haha... that's not as quick to fix... but still simple... all ya have to do is uninstall swype... then reinstall the beta... and your clear...hahaha...

post script: i wish i would have remembered that the first time it happened...haha

spideyx24
10-11-2011, 01:07 AM
How do I get wifi tether for cm4dx-gb?

Nemo aeternamn
10-11-2011, 01:11 AM
all you do is just install an app... ie... wireless tether/barnacle/whatever... and your good to go spidey...

kennyfool
10-11-2011, 01:24 AM
AH! I always hear mixed reviews about these two ROMs (MIUI and CM7). I just upgraded to .605 and I WANT to CM7 but most of the bad reviews I've read talk about the battery life (one of the main reasons why I flash ROMs, and one of the reasons why I stayed on Apex 1.4.1 FroYo). I've tried MIUI on the FroYo kernel and I only got about 6-8 hours on normal usage... Should I give MIUI on GB a try? Or should I try CM7? OP seems to like it alot lol

spideyx24
10-11-2011, 04:48 AM
Thanks nemo.

Nemo aeternamn
10-11-2011, 11:59 AM
AH! I always hear mixed reviews about these two ROMs (MIUI and CM7). I just upgraded to .605 and I WANT to CM7 but most of the bad reviews I've read talk about the battery life (one of the main reasons why I flash ROMs, and one of the reasons why I stayed on Apex 1.4.1 FroYo). I've tried MIUI on the FroYo kernel and I only got about 6-8 hours on normal usage... Should I give MIUI on GB a try? Or should I try CM7? OP seems to like it alot lol

as far as battery life... They don't get the best under heavy use... But mild/moderate... I got about 15 hours yesterday... As as far as which one... It's just you're choice... and if you haven't tried cm7... I think ya should... Basically paying respect to what started a new wave of love for or phones... Cm7 is amazing song with ask the rest of the 2nd init roms

Carnyewest2
10-11-2011, 12:16 PM
I like cm7 but I wanted to stay on the latest update 605 on gb. Im using vortex 2.5 and my battery life has improved. With all the widgets I run, gps, tethering, netflix, slingbox and texting I get away with just charging once a day. If cm7 ever comes to 605 ill probably switch back. For now though vortex is my favorite.

gbrinn
10-11-2011, 12:21 PM
I like cm7 but I wanted to stay on the latest update 605 on gb. Im using vortex 2.5 and my battery life has improved. With all the widgets I run, gps, tethering, netflix, slingbox and texting I get away with just charging once a day. If cm7 ever comes to 605 ill probably switch back. For now though vortex is my favorite.

CM7-GB is actually ahead of .605. The CM kernel is 2.3.7 vs 2.3.5. Not only that but .605 was mostly just a keyboard fix for motoblur.

Nemo aeternamn
10-11-2011, 01:59 PM
CM7-GB is actually ahead of .605. The CM kernel is 2.3.7 vs 2.3.5. Not only that but .605 was mostly just a keyboard fix for motoblur.

Hey gbrinn... It's actually not the kernel... As it's locked... So they have the same kernel... It's the android version of cm7 is beyond what verizon had put out...

gbrinn
10-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Hey gbrinn... It's actually not the kernel... As it's locked... So they have the same kernel... It's the android version of cm7 is beyond what verizon had put out...

OK. I thought the Android version number was synonymous with the kernel. But, I was essentially correct since .605 is only 2.3.5.

Nemo aeternamn
10-11-2011, 02:14 PM
OK. I thought the Android version number was synonymous with the kernel. But, I was essentially correct since .605 is only 2.3.5.

Ya... You were correct... But... To put it simply... The kernel is what runs the android version...

gbrinn
10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
OK. Similar to the build number in Windows.

Nemo aeternamn
10-11-2011, 02:21 PM
OK. Similar to the build number in Windows.

Yup... : D

digitalmofo
10-13-2011, 12:07 AM

Hahaha, every time I read about a ROM I see this type of battery life, and I am lucky if I can make it to the end of work before my phone is dead, and I only mess with it on breaks. Don't feel bad, it's not just you that has crappy battery life.