PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread. 605 update

Carnyewest2
09-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Is this out yet? I finally got. 602 installed and now another update is here. Links please

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

macpro88
09-27-2011, 09:37 AM
.605 is a keyboard lag fix, that's all. It is still rootable via the D3 root method used to root .602 if you are interested in root.

Check for updates in the "About Phone" section in the settings menu.

fc127
09-27-2011, 09:39 AM
You can only get it ota at this point. If you happen to receive it you can root with the d3 one click root method (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/37234-root-x-d3-1-click-root-method-works-gb-602-gb-605-a.html).

edit - ninja'd

Carnyewest2
09-27-2011, 11:50 AM
What does ota mean? If gb. 605 is not out yet how are others running it? To me it would be easier to flash back to 304 and start over installing. 605. I don't understand this ota one click root stuff or how to get gb. 605. Little help and patience please.

Carnyewest2
09-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Nevermind if ota is over the air and im running rooted gb. 602 will the update just install then? Im just confused on if I should bother with this or wait til an actual gb release is out.

macpro88
09-27-2011, 11:54 AM
OTA is over the air. When Verizon pushes updates to your phone. They push in waves. So you just might not have gotten it yet.

[Insert mobile sig here]

Nemo aeternamn
09-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Nevermind if ota is over the air and im running rooted gb. 602 will the update just install then? Im just confused on if I should bother with this or wait til an actual gb release is out.

I wouldn't bother with it... As it's not really much of an improvement over 602... But there are devs working on 602.... But I don't know of 605 will really be picked up

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

droidnuby
09-27-2011, 12:41 PM
605 seems to have fixed my location problem with bw

joeyjackpot
09-27-2011, 02:05 PM
i got the update download today... never got one before. i use swype and i'm on the swype beta, so if this is just a random update for the stock keyboard, i think i'm good. how do i stop the installer again? i can freeze installer.apk? edit: or is it updater.apk?

Carnyewest2
09-27-2011, 03:33 PM
How do I block the installer from popping up? Its annoying. I hate not having the latest release of something. But until an actual gingerbread. 605 comes out im not switching. I've been reading up on roms currently I just use gingerbread. If I install one tho I hate how u have to erase all user data then start all over. Any reccomendations for what u should run? And how to not delete everything. Do I even need cm7 or liberty or something? Im still trying to figure some stuff out. I just rooted last week and had to flash back to304 get. 602. I just hate deleting everything eveeytime I have to install something. This update popup has got to go tho.

cclauss777
09-27-2011, 03:50 PM
How do I block the installer from popping up? Its annoying. I hate not having the latest release of something. But until an actual gingerbread. 605 comes out im not switching. I've been reading up on roms currently I just use gingerbread. If I install one tho I hate how u have to erase all user data then start all over. Any reccomendations for what u should run? And how to not delete everything. Do I even need cm7 or liberty or something? Im still trying to figure some stuff out. I just rooted last week and had to flash back to304 get. 602. I just hate deleting everything eveeytime I have to install something. This update popup has got to go tho.

Use Titanium Backup and freeze Updater.

Carnyewest2
09-27-2011, 03:56 PM
If I install a backup from titanium backup wont that restore a previous version. Like if I did a backup and installed a rom then recovered my backup. Wouldn't that put me where I was before I installed the rom? Also. Which rom do u recommend?

prometh1216
09-27-2011, 03:59 PM
I did the (.605) and afterwards phone was useless had to take back to (.602) every quit working force closed all apparently. Ne help.

Nemo aeternamn
09-27-2011, 03:59 PM
If I install a backup from titanium backup wont that restore a previous version. Like if I did a backup and installed a rom then recovered my backup. Wouldn't that put me where I was before I installed the rom? Also. Which rom do u recommend?

If you use titanium back up... It will not put you back to how you were... It will restore the apps... But do not restore system data... I recommend cm7

cclauss777
09-27-2011, 04:02 PM

Titanium Backup backs up user apps and system data from the SD Card. Doesn't matter what ROM you were on. It doesn't back up the ROM itself.

And to freeze apps you must buy the payware version of Titanium.

And right now I'm on MIUI because I like the iOS feel. (No, I HATE the iPhone) It just feels like a very clean and organized UI.

idontliketolose
09-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Im trying to open TB and its stuck at checking license.... any way around this?

cclauss777
09-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Im trying to open TB and its stuck at checking license.... any way around this?

Can you press the menu button while it's stuck at that? If so, try pressing the menu button, go to "more", then press "reload application."

One time TB didn't recognize root so I tried that and it worked. But your problem could be different.

Carnyewest2
09-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys for all the help. Is there a site I can visit with screenshots of cm7 and nihilism so I can make a decision for myself? Thanks

cclauss777
09-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys for all the help. Is there a site I can visit with screenshots of cm7 and nihilism so I can make a decision for myself? Thanks

MIUI: MIUI, Redefining Android – MIUI Android Developers (http://miuiandroid.com/themes/) (The UI is themed. Couldn't find decent pictures of the default UI)

CM7: About the project | CyanogenMod (http://www.cyanogenmod.com/about)

Carnyewest2
09-27-2011, 05:44 PM
One last thing. Can I install cm7 from gingerbread. 602 without flashing back to froyo? Id only install cm7 if I can go to bootstrap wipe data and cache then install from zip cm7. If I have to flashback and sbf and a bunch of other junk its not worth it to me.

Carnyewest2
09-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Im assuming I am correct on how to install cm7 I hear it has its own bootstrap if this is the case and I use bootstrap to install cm7 where do I find the gapps file to install and what do I use to install it once I've installed cm7 first?

cclauss777
09-27-2011, 09:35 PM
One last thing. Can I install cm7 from gingerbread. 602 without flashing back to froyo? Id only install cm7 if I can go to bootstrap wipe data and cache then install from zip cm7. If I have to flashback and sbf and a bunch of other junk its not worth it to me.

Sorry for the late response but if you are already on GB .602 and you are using a 2nd init GB rom, then you don't need to SBF back to Froyo. You can install CM7 GB over a .602 ROM such as Shuji or Apex. And before you do that just wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, then install from zip. And it needs to be a GB based 2nd init ROM.

cclauss777
09-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Im assuming I am correct on how to install cm7 I hear it has its own bootstrap if this is the case and I use bootstrap to install cm7 where do I find the gapps file to install and what do I use to install it once I've installed cm7 first?

Yes, the 2nd inits have their own bootstrappers. But you can use Droid 2 bootstrapper ONLY to get to the 2nd Init GB ROM. If you use D2 bootstrapper on CM7, MIUI, etc. then you will bootloop. And I THINK you can find the GAPPS file in ROM Manager. Check to see. And you can use ROM Manager to go to Recovery.

Nemo aeternamn
09-27-2011, 10:48 PM
. And I THINK you can find the GAPPS file in ROM Manager. Check to see. And you can use ROM Manager to go to Recovery.
Correct... They are in rom manager under google apps...the latest is 8_28... But 7_27 I think... But that one works good but doesn't have the experimental features 8 28 has...