PDA

View Full Version : Someone fill me in please!

tchnclfl
09-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Alright so I haven't used the CM4DX nightlies since it was around #20, and have been on rooted .596 ever since I flashed back.

I flashed back because GPS wasn't working, camera wasn't working, phone idle was eating up a huge portion of the battery, etc.

Can someone fill me in on how it runs now? Have the major issues been fixed? What still is messed up? Bad battery life these days if making me miss CM7.

popcenator
09-26-2011, 11:37 PM
CM7 has been update, unofficially I think, to the GB kernel, so battery life is improved, I'm not sure what isn't working but from what I hear it's not much.

[DEV_THREAD]DroidX CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3335-DEV_THREAD-DroidX-CM7-with-Gingerbread-Kernel)

Nemo aeternamn
09-26-2011, 11:58 PM
CM7 has been update, unofficially I think, to the GB kernel, so battery life is improved, I'm not sure what isn't working but from what I hear it's not much.

[DEV_THREAD]DroidX CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3335-DEV_THREAD-DroidX-CM7-with-Gingerbread-Kernel)

i can help here...
ya.. it's unofficially over on that link... with decent to heavy use... i can get about ten to fifteen hours... main thing that eats up my batter is the display... that will be at almost sixty percent... and the next thing will be at like... mabye... twenty eight...

and as far as things not working...
one percent battery... charge_counter file broken
camera zoom... buttons don't work on stock settings... but you change one thing in the settings for the camera... and they work again...
dsp manager... it force closes sometimes... hardly ever happens to me though... some people see it more often

popcenator
09-27-2011, 12:08 AM
i can help here...
ya.. it's unofficially over on that link... with decent to heavy use... i can get about ten to fifteen hours... main thing that eats up my batter is the display... that will be at almost sixty percent... and the next thing will be at like... mabye... twenty eight...

and as far as things not working...
one percent battery... charge_counter file broken
camera zoom... buttons don't work on stock settings... but you change one thing in the settings for the camera... and they work again...
dsp manager... it force closes sometimes... hardly ever happens to me though... some people see it more often

Thanks for the backup, Nemo.

Nemo aeternamn
09-27-2011, 12:13 AM
welcome...haha... i'm addicted to cm7... i can't get away from it now... unless they have a rom rehab.. do they?lol

gbrinn
09-27-2011, 12:16 AM
welcome...haha... i'm addicted to cm7... i can't get away from it now... unless they have a rom rehab.. do they?lol

That would be a combo of the best of blur and CM7-GB.