PDA

View Full Version : Market is Broken in Shuji Install

Sekine12
09-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Hey Guys,

I just flashed the Shuji rom a couple days ago. The market seemed to work fine, until today when I tried to install a paid app. It would give me a generic error every time. So, I rebooted, no fix, cleared market data, no fix, uninstalled market updates, no fix. Now, every time I try to open the market I get an error that says "connection timed out" and prompts me to "retry".

Help please!

DX GB - Shuji 2.2

The persuader
09-26-2011, 02:34 PM
The Market is having paid App issues...you can get Updates and Free Apps only...

This is known on Our Forum and others too

Its Bubba
Sent from "The DX Express" :)

Sekine12
09-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Great, that's what I wanted to hear. Sorry I didn't notice the other threads :sorry:

In the meantime, I relocated the existing APK to a backup folder, found a new 3.1.3 market online, and slipped that one into the System/App directory. Seems to have fixed the "timeout" problem. As a work around, I purchased my app through the marketplace on my desktop and then I could download and install (or just let it push) to my phone.

The persuader
09-26-2011, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=Sekine12;443958]Great, that's what I wanted to hear. Sorry I didn't notice the other threads :sorry:

In the meantime, I relocated the existing APK to a backup folder, found a new 3.1.3 market online, and slipped that one into the System/App directory. Seems to have fixed the "timeout" problem. As a work around, I purchased my app through the marketplace on my desktop and then I could download and install (or just let it push) to my phone.[/QUOB

Sekine...
No need for Sorry...I missed it too...Great idea on the By-Pass...Have an Awesome Day!

Its Bubba
Sent from "The DX Express" :)