PDA

View Full Version : Rooted 2.2 will not take OTA 2.3 update

caleb895
09-25-2011, 05:34 PM
First of all I would like to apologize ahead of time for dumb questions, lack of understanding..

My X2 was rooted by a friend (because I dont know what Im doing.) I havent changed the rom or changed much of anything actually. I have however deleted some annoying system apps.

Recently.....an OTA update for 2.3 has been trying to install on my phone about 5 times a day. If I attempt to install the update, the status bar makes it about a third of the way and then I get an exclamation point with a triangle around it. After the phone reboots, I have a msg that says: "update failed." Is this due to the system files that I deleted?

Is there a fairly easy way to allow the 2.3 update? Im capable of figuring out most pc based tasks but Ill warn ahead of time that I dont know alot of the terminology when it comes to this kind of thing. I would guess that Im probably skipping the basics and asking how to do something a little more complicated.

Thanks for any help or even a point in the right direction.

juhde
09-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Your best option (in my opinion) is to sbf the phone, take the update and reroot with the d3 method. A step by step guide can be found in the x2 support forum. Any other questions, just ask.

Sent from my Android device.