PDA

View Full Version : [Port]Dragonzkiller ports alien#4 beta rom

Nickolas
09-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Well my flashing addiction is still going strong. Just flashed dragonzkillers' port of the alien #4 beta ROM. The Rom was originally created by kennethpenn for the atrix4g. He has some good info on it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1270781. The only prob I see now is that the Wifi does not work. there is a fix posted to the OP, but its broken as of the time of this post. ill let you guys check it out yourselves. I would suggest skimming the thread to get a feel for it before flashing. I flashed the rom, the theme that was also posted with it and speedy v3 script last night. IM having some probs with general phone lag when under heavy use, but I think its still in the break in period. Enjoy

Sent from my mobile talky thingy

Nickolas
09-25-2011, 04:02 PM
I got beat to the punch! Juhde ftw Mods can close this, unless we can use this to discuss this Rom specifically

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Nickolas
09-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Anyone else running alien?

victimssun
09-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Anyone else running alien?

I just recovered from screwing my current atrix rom up, was just thinking about going to alien to give it a try. Will post back later

Nickolas
09-25-2011, 08:03 PM
IM experienceing extreme lag in everything. I think it might be from the speedy v3 script I am running. Dont know if its compatible with 2.3.4. Im going to reflash and see if its any better.

lhkjohn
09-27-2011, 05:56 AM
I flashed to eclipse v.7 from Alien, because of the lack of hdmi mirroring. Other than that, it was solid. The new eclipse blows everything else out of the water though imo. My only complaint is that I prefer the blur camera, but it's not a deal breaker. I'm just stoked that our phone is finally getting some love! They are doing some great work.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Nickolas
09-27-2011, 06:08 AM
In the last 3 weeks we have received a flood of dev love. We got a group of devs that are working there butts off! Thanks guys! Im always trying the new thing, so when alien gets an update ill try it out again. I did see a post on xda. From the writer of the speedy script saying he found a problem that caused extreme lag in some cases. Im thinking I experienced that first hand. So not discouraging anyone from using the rom. It's getting some good feedback from users. To be honest from what I gathered from xda, I think speedy is only good for 2.3.3 anyway. Though my newb wisdom may be wrong.